Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CDCC and grab bags

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    I believe that this is the set I just received shipping notification for. Was glad to see that one of the books included is one that I missed out on when it was announced. Also two of the books aren't on CD's site so I'm guessing that they haven't been announced yet (still.)

    Good thing I'm looking at making my commute 30 minutes longer each way so I'll have more time to read.
    Same thing happened with me. I was bummed when it sold out so quick and was expecting to have to go out on the secondary market to find one. The other announced title will be a duplicate for me so it will go into my trade at Powell's box. Very happy with the mix of books, no new authors for me but all authors I like.

    Comment


      #32
      I love how we are probably talking about the same titles, but don't know for sure since it's all secret.

      I've only read one thing by one of the authors - and after looking up the book elsewhere, I'm excited to read it. Well, let's be honest, I'm excited about them all actually.

      Originally posted by Martin View Post
      Same thing happened with me. I was bummed when it sold out so quick and was expecting to have to go out on the secondary market to find one. The other announced title will be a duplicate for me so it will go into my trade at Powell's box. Very happy with the mix of books, no new authors for me but all authors I like.

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
        I love how we are probably talking about the same titles, but don't know for sure since it's all secret.

        I've only read one thing by one of the authors - and after looking up the book elsewhere, I'm excited to read it. Well, let's be honest, I'm excited about them all actually.
        Two are authors I typically grab anything they release, but missed one of these as it sold out very quick. The other two I have read a few things from and really enjoyed so I am happy with all four titles.

        Comment


          #34
          You guys really have me intrigued! Haven't received my shipping notice yet. Did any of you guys get in on the latest grab offers? I ordered two of the first one before it sold out apparently so passed on the second announcement. Sucks for me that I got in on the first one because the second one sounded much better! lol. Oh well, thems the breaks.....

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            You guys really have me intrigued! Haven't received my shipping notice yet. Did any of you guys get in on the latest grab offers? I ordered two of the first one before it sold out apparently so passed on the second announcement. Sucks for me that I got in on the first one because the second one sounded much better! lol. Oh well, thems the breaks.....
            I skipped them both. They indicated they would be shipping soon and I believe I have most of what is in stock so I was looking at mostly duplicates.

            Comment


              #36
              I skipped them both. The first one didn't interest me much. The second one did though, but recent eBay purchases have used up my available fun cash (my Lansdsle collection is filling out nicely though!)

              Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
              You guys really have me intrigued! Haven't received my shipping notice yet. Did any of you guys get in on the latest grab offers? I ordered two of the first one before it sold out apparently so passed on the second announcement. Sucks for me that I got in on the first one because the second one sounded much better! lol. Oh well, thems the breaks.....

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
                I skipped them both. The first one didn't interest me much. The second one did though, but recent eBay purchases have used up my available fun cash (my Lansdsle collection is filling out nicely though!)
                Sweet on your Landales, Jason. I'm pretty much depleted also until the pay window opens back up in a couple of weeks. So had to take a pass on the second one. I'm currently on the hunt for the Locke & Key comics (thanks, Martin, grrrrr!) so a lot of the cash flow is streaming that way.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                  Sweet on your Landales, Jason. I'm pretty much depleted also until the pay window opens back up in a couple of weeks. So had to take a pass on the second one. I'm currently on the hunt for the Locke & Key comics (thanks, Martin, grrrrr!) so a lot of the cash flow is streaming that way.
                  You will not be sorry as it is a great story. In what state are you looking for, individual comics or hardbound sets? I have duplicates on many if not all.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    For L&K, I made it easy on myself - just bought current printings in hardcover. All the various LEs were too rich for my blood, plus I wanted to read them.


                    Originally posted by Martin View Post
                    You will not be sorry as it is a great story. In what state are you looking for, individual comics or hardbound sets? I have duplicates on many if not all.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Martin View Post
                      You will not be sorry as it is a great story. In what state are you looking for, individual comics or hardbound sets? I have duplicates on many if not all.
                      Without hijacking the thread any further then I already have with this subject; I have a seller lined up for the HCs I want. I'm wanting to collect the individual comics and all their variants if possible in M/NM condition. I'll search out the libraries for reading copies.

                      I'll shoot you a PM Martin at some point with what I have so far and maybe take a couple duplicates off your hands if you're willing to part with 'em .

                      Comment


                        #41
                        I got that notice too - I passed when the 1st book on the list was announced, and turns out that I am getting it anyways, so that's cool, same as with the other announced one. It's been a slow reading year for me with basement renovation going on, plus my regular job, so the shelves are filling up - might have to "thin the heard".

                        As for the other grab bags this weekend - I passed on both. Was hoping for a 4th of July sale or something.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          I also received the shipping notice. I had forgotten that I had even ordered a forthcoming grab bag! I already had the two announced ones on order as well. Didn't we used to get emails letting us know that an announced book was part of a grab bag, or am I thinking of the book clubs?

                          The two other books I'm pretty happy about as they would have been must-buys for me.

                          As far as the last two grab bags offered, I passed as well.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                            I also received the shipping notice. I had forgotten that I had even ordered a forthcoming grab bag! I already had the two announced ones on order as well. Didn't we used to get emails letting us know that an announced book was part of a grab bag, or am I thinking of the book clubs?
                            We did send emails before those titles were announced, but it's sounding like some folks didn't receive the emails or missed them or something. If you bought the announced books and don't want the second copies, drop me an email because we can work something out, either store credit or a swap or something!

                            Brian
                            Brian James Freeman
                            brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                            Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.CemeteryDance.com
                            Lonely Road Books: http://www.LonelyRoadBooks.com
                            Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                              We did send emails before those titles were announced, but it's sounding like some folks didn't receive the emails or missed them or something. If you bought the announced books and don't want the second copies, drop me an email because we can work something out, either store credit or a swap or something!

                              Brian
                              Oh, cool! Thanks, Brian!

                              Comment


                                #45
                                So by looking back in this thread - there are still 2 books owing from CDCC4 if I am right........right?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X