CEMETERY DANCE COLLECTORS CLUB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    On that same page (second link), Dan, there's a wooden nickle with a logo burnt into it...maybe if you did something like that it'd be be a neat little item to offer (that would be right up your alley, I imagine). Cool little trinkets like that are fun to put on one's bookshelves.
    Ron, some advise. Never accept wooden nickles

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
      Ron, some advise. Never accept wooden nickles
      So I've heard.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Anybody pull the trigger on today's offer? I was keeping an eye on Camelot's website to see if copies would become available, then the CDCC email came through. This was an easy choice for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
          Anybody pull the trigger on today's offer? I was keeping an eye on Camelot's website to see if copies would become available, then the CDCC email came through. This was an easy choice for me.
          I passed. Do not know the authors work well enough to justify the cost.

Comment

No, but- I do have couple of days to cave. The author is- imho- the best working Weird Fiction writer in modern times, and one of the handful of whom I buy EVERYTHING from... But- this is uber pricey for a novella that will almost certainly appear in one of her upcoming SS collections, and I cannot justify it. Today.

And, yay- I finally get to disagree with the otherwise erudite and simpatico Ron Clinton, and say that since I am fortunate enough to keep my books and papers in a dwelling with four walls and a roof (and, I absolutely do NOT take that lightly in these economically crazy-tough, housing-challenged times), that I find "Paper Weights", and the like totally, and bizarrely unuseful, and very much prefer the vastly utilitarian T-shirts, Tote Bags, Ball Caps, et al. But, even better would be an exclusive, original Halloween anthology every year. I think there is still one owed from an older club, but it seems to me to be the kind of thing that Rich built his vision on all those years ago, and why we all love it here- even with all the bumps and roadblocks of the last decade. Would love to see something like that every year for the CDCC.

Comment

Originally posted by swintek View Post
              No, but- I do have couple of days to cave. The author is- imho- the best working Weird Fiction writer in modern times, and one of the handful of whom I buy EVERYTHING from... But- this is uber pricey for a novella that will almost certainly appear in one of her upcoming SS collections, and I cannot justify it. Today.

And, yay- I finally get to disagree with the otherwise erudite and simpatico Ron Clinton, and say that since I am fortunate enough to keep my books and papers in a dwelling with four walls and a roof (and, I absolutely do NOT take that lightly in these economically crazy-tough, housing-challenged times), that I find "Paper Weights", and the like totally, and bizarrely unuseful, and very much prefer the vastly utilitarian T-shirts, Tote Bags, Ball Caps, et al. But, even better would be an exclusive, original Halloween anthology every year. I think there is still one owed from an older club, but it seems to me to be the kind of thing that Rich built his vision on all those years ago, and why we all love it here- even with all the bumps and roadblocks of the last decade. Would love to see something like that every year for the CDCC.
              I don't think we've ever done a exclusive Halloween book for the CDCC or any club. We've done a handful of "this is only available to preorder for 48 hours only" Halloween books. Unfortunately the last one of these we did the author hasn't finished writing yet, which is probably why we haven't done anymore.
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                I don't think we've ever done a exclusive Halloween book for the CDCC or any club. We've done a handful of "this is only available to preorder for 48 hours only" Halloween books. Unfortunately the last one of these we did the author hasn't finished writing yet, which is probably why we haven't done anymore.
                And that was a decade ago...literally.

Comment

Originally posted by rjmyers View Post
                  And that was a decade ago...literally.
                  The plan had been to make it an annual tradition, but we didn’t feel right announcing another one until that one was finished.

That IS one of the things we’ve been a lot more careful about in the last decade: we try not to announce unwritten books anymore because we’ve had a couple drag out like this. We still get authors and their agents asking us to announce books before they are written, but unless we absolutely have to for contractual reasons, we don’t.

Brian
                  Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                    We still get authors and their agents asking us to announce books before they are written, but unless we absolutely have to for contractual reasons, we don’t.

Brian
                    This I don't understand from the writer's point of view. Why would they want the book announced before being written? That stresses me out--from either point of view: author and publisher--just thinking about it...

Comment

Ah, right. I guess I was thinking of the forthcoming HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL, but that is a reprint anthology, now that I look at it. Since we're "here"- is there an update on that volume? I wasn't a CDCC #3 member, unfortunately, and won't be owed a copy when it comes out, but- it looks like a cool book, none-the-less, and hope I can snag one on the secondary market.

Comment

Ah, right. I guess I was thinking of the forthcoming HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL, but that is a reprint anthology, now that I look at it. Since we're "here"- is there an update on that volume? I wasn't a CDCC #3 member, unfortunately, and won't be owed a copy when it comes out, but- it looks like a cool book, none-the-less, and hope I can snag one on the secondary market.
                        Which book are we talking about here? Halloween Carnival? If so that book wasn't part of a club or anything. It's actually hasn't even been officially announced. CDCC 3 already received their exclusive books.
                        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

This I don't understand from the writer's point of view. Why would they want the book announced before being written? That stresses me out--from either point of view: author and publisher--just thinking about it...
                          I'm not a fan, as either an author or publisher. Sometimes it's because they want to try to leverage the announcement into a sale of other rights (trade, foreign, etc). Sometimes they just want to be able to point at it as a thing they're doing right now. Either way, we try to avoid the practice as much as possible these days!

Brian
                          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

And, yay- I finally get to disagree with the otherwise erudite and simpatico Ron Clinton, and say that since I am fortunate enough to keep my books and papers in a dwelling with four walls and a roof (and, I absolutely do NOT take that lightly in these economically crazy-tough, housing-challenged times), that I find "Paper Weights", and the like totally, and bizarrely unuseful, and very much prefer the vastly utilitarian T-shirts, Tote Bags, Ball Caps, et al.
                            Apparently this time two Rons don't make it right.
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Which book are we talking about here? Halloween Carnival? If so that book wasn't part of a club or anything. It's actually hasn't even been officially announced. CDCC 3 already received their exclusive books.
                              Man, I'm 0-2 on this dang book: Product page says from the CD Collector's Set # 3, not Club. Sorry for the confusion- all on my part. In any case- would still like to get this book!

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
                                Apparently this time two Rons don't make it right.

Comment

Working...
                                X