X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    UPS is investigating. I will update you when I know more.
    Well when I arrived home today the missing package was sitting on my doorstep!

I scored:
    Lettered PC of Douglas Clegg's Isis. This is a Clegg story I have never read and am really looking forward to it.
    Limited copy of James Renner's Muse. I can't tell you how many times I almost bought this but kept passing in my efforts to buy fewer books. Another one I am looking forward to reading.
    Trade edition of Bentley Little's The Mailman. I do have the limited and love the story. This one will probably go in my box of books to trade at Powell's.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    I'm not going to talk about what the current deal we sent the CDCC yesterday is, but I will say that if you are on the fence I'm pretty positive these will be gone by the end of the day. I think we're hitting the "recent customers" list later this morning, and that'll wipe out the few spots remaining.
    I did not get an email offer for the CDCC yesterday. Dan-Would you see if I am set up to get these emails? Thanks! ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Let me know if it doesn't show up. I can send you a new one.
    UPS is investigating. I will update you when I know more.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    I'm not going to talk about what the current deal we sent the CDCC yesterday is, but I will say that if you are on the fence I'm pretty positive these will be gone by the end of the day. I think we're hitting the "recent customers" list later this morning, and that'll wipe out the few spots remaining.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    So here is a first for me. UPS emailed me that my sampler Grab Bag was delivered at 11:42 today. I was home by 1:30 and nothing. Went online to UPS and they require me to wait 24 hours before filing a claim. That makes no sense.
    Let me know if it doesn't show up. I can send you a new one.

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Originally posted by c marvel View Post
    Thanks Brian! I'm unsure how much I'll purchase. There are really only two books from CD that I want at present. I am still trying to downsize. I decided this week to rehome (Hopefully sell) some books to free up some space. Anyone here who knows me would I suspect be surprised to learn I am rehoming these particular books. I have read all of them and really loved a couple.

Cap
    That's not easy to do! I started going through books in the attic a few days ago, and put together a box for donation to the library. Most of the books I donated were from the '80s up to around 1992, so I have a long way to go yet.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I have been known to part with duplicates so that is something.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    I have thought about doing that. I have gone so far as to separate out books I really enjoyed but do not expect to re-read anytime soon. Then I put them back and think about other ways to fit more books into the house. Hope you are more successful than me.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Thanks Brian! I'm unsure how much I'll purchase. There are really only two books from CD that I want at present. I am still trying to downsize. I decided this week to rehome (Hopefully sell) some books to free up some space. Anyone here who knows me would I suspect be surprised to learn I am rehoming these particular books. I have read all of them and really loved a couple.

Cap
    I have thought about doing that. I have gone so far as to separate out books I really enjoyed but do not expect to re-read anytime soon. Then I put them back and think about other ways to fit more books into the house. Hope you are more successful than me.

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied

Cap
    Last edited by c marvel; 03-13-2020, 02:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    That sucks. Having just gone through something similar I hope you have positive results
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    So sorry to hear that! I hope this resolves in a satisfactory way!
    Thanks guys. Not a big deal but a pain.

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    Well my first ever UPS claim was filed today. We will see how this plays out.
    That sucks. Having just gone through something similar I hope you have positive results

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    So sorry to hear that! I hope this resolves in a satisfactory way!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    This was shipped via UPS rather than USPS. I do not believe I requested that but who knows. For USPS we have lock boxes. UPS typically sets things behind a large planter by my front door. I live on a street with no through access and have stay at home people on all sides. We have never had an issue and hope this is cleared up quickly. I suspect it was placed on the wrong door.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    I did opt in for the 6 month CDCC trial membership. I got this set up Wednesday morning. Thanks Dan! ~Cap
    Welcome to the club!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X