Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Production Update Questions

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Oops, I'm guessing I never got back to uploading the April 14 update. I'll go over everything again soon, and get that update finished.

    Brian
    Thanks, Brian!

    Comment


      It's nice to see Night Shift moving along!

      Comment


        Brian-

        I understand why a Night Shift publication date can't be provided yet, but given that it will be done at the printer in June (with slipcases and traycases to follow), would you say the likelihood is good that you will be able to provide a publication date by/in July? To be clear, I'm not asking if NS might be released in July - just if we might have a publication date by then given how far along things are likely to be.
        Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

        Comment


          Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
          Brian-

          I understand why a Night Shift publication date can't be provided yet, but given that it will be done at the printer in June (with slipcases and traycases to follow), would you say the likelihood is good that you will be able to provide a publication date by/in July? To be clear, I'm not asking if NS might be released in July - just if we might have a publication date by then given how far along things are likely to be.
          I'm going to say hopefully sooner than that, but obviously I can't make any promises.
          CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

          Non-Work related social media and what not:
          Instagram

          Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

          Comment


            Any more updates yet regarding Gwendy's Magic Feather (Limited Edition)? Seems like that one has been static for awhile. Also, any reason why The Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMeer hasn't been updated on the production updates page. Seems like that one is continually missed when the page gets updated each month. I know from the thread that it should be well past the proofreading stage and am wondering if you have a better update. As always, any info is appreciated!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              I'm going to say hopefully sooner than that, but obviously I can't make any promises.
              Sounds good; thanks.
              Always looking to rent out a hidden floor above or below an old library, preferably brick or stone with hidden passageways. No pets (except cats).

              Comment


                Originally posted by St. Troy View Post
                Sounds good; thanks.
                I would assume we'll have a better idea of a pub date once the books are done, but then again one of our slipcase makers is closed right now and the other is running at 20% of the staff, so... we'll have to see. Fingers crossed!

                Brian
                Brian James Freeman
                brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
                Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
                LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
                My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                Comment


                  Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                  Any more updates yet regarding Gwendy's Magic Feather (Limited Edition)? Seems like that one has been static for awhile
                  Signature sheets are circulating, DJ cover design is being selected this week. Nothing super exciting, but still moving forward!

                  Originally posted by sholloman81 View Post
                  Also, any reason why The Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMeer hasn't been updated on the production updates page. Seems like that one is continually missed when the page gets updated each month. I know from the thread that it should be well past the proofreading stage and am wondering if you have a better update. As always, any info is appreciated!
                  No news to report. There are a few dozen books ready for the printer due to the backlog created the other year when the two printers closed up shop on us in the middle of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, so we're working to get those books to the new printers we're using as quickly as we can without compromising quality. The Southern Reach Trilogy should definitely be sent to one of them this year, though. That's the best I can estimate right now.

                  As mentioned above, in addition to one slipcase maker being closed and the other running at 20%, we've also had one of our printers close until they're considered essential or until restrictions are loosened. That means business we were going to send there gets diverted to our other printers, which means the queue slows down.

                  I think we'll have a much better idea in about 6 weeks, though!

                  Brian
                  Brian James Freeman
                  brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com

                  Cemetery Dance Publications: http://www.cemeterydance.com
                  Lonely Road Books: http://www.lonelyroadbooks.com
                  LetterPress Publications: http://www.LetterPressPublications.com
                  My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

                  Comment


                    Thanks for the updates Brian. You rock!

                    Comment


                      What books were included in Collector's Set #3 (2017)?
                      Thanks

                      Comment


                        Sorry if this has already been answered. Is there any news on Usher's Passing? Thanks.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Burnt Puke View Post
                          Sorry if this has already been answered. Is there any news on Usher's Passing? Thanks.
                          All I know is that the Production Updates page has said this since January:

                          "Robert McCammon has signed the signature sheets, and the proofreading has been completed, so we're now ready to get this into the printing queue. This title will be published in 2020, and we'll update this information with a more specific date when we have it."

                          I'm sure Brian or Dan will update us as more information becomes available.
                          Last edited by Marmaduke Grigsby; 06-17-2020, 01:05 PM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

                            All I know is that the Production Updates page has said this since January:

                            "Robert McCammon has signed the signature sheets, and the proofreading has been completed, so we're now ready to get this into the printing queue. This title will be published in 2020, and we'll update this information with a more specific date when we have it."

                            I'm sure Brian or Dan will update us as more information becomes available.
                            No that's pretty accurate. Currently we have a lot of projects that are at this "it just needs a spot at the printer" phase. COVID hasn't helped things this year for sure.
                            CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                            Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

                            Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                            Comment


                              Quick update. I got word that slipcases for The Institute are finally on their way to us from the manufacturer. I'm not sure when they'll arrive yet, but assuming they arrive later this week expect them to begin shipping either late next week or the week after.
                              CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

                              Non-Work related social media and what not:
                              Instagram

                              Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

                              Comment


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X