This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Not that you did, but I always find it funny when people say buttless chaps . . . because they're buttless pants, that's what makes the chaps. Just like saying sleeveless vests . . .

Back to our regularly scheduled "where's my book at?" thread . . .
    Yes, ass-less chaps is a common redundancy. People said that all the time when they were guys in high school. People said that a hell of a lot more than necessary considering no one ever wore them.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post

Yes, ass-less chaps is a common redundancy. People said that all the time when they were guys in high school. People said that a hell of a lot more than necessary considering no one ever wore them.
      My memory of those days are fading but I do not recall any time when chaps came up in conversation during my high school years. What kind of crowd did you hang around with?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

My memory of those days are fading but I do not recall any time when chaps came up in conversation during my high school years. What kind of crowd did you hang around with?
        Same here, Martin LOL!

Comment

I went to White Privilege High on the south side of Chicago. An all-male college preparatory high school for the alpha sons of industry that only prepared me to hate the entitlement of the sons of wealth. My parents had to borrow money to send me there in case anyone was wondering why I don't count myself among the Sons of Privilege. ANYWAY, bullying was as much a part of that place as lockers. Ass-less chaps were mentioned during the time-honored inquisition process, when boys were indicted, accused, and put on trial for the crime of being less than MEN.

Comment

I just got a GED and got on with life LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
              I just got a GED and got on with life LOL!!
              Now that's the American way!

Comment

I went to White Privilege High on the south side of Chicago. An all-male college preparatory high school for the alpha sons of industry that only prepared me to hate the entitlement of the sons of wealth. My parents had to borrow money to send me there in case anyone was wondering why I don't count myself among the Sons of Privilege. ANYWAY, bullying was as much a part of that place as lockers. Ass-less chaps were mentioned during the time-honored inquisition process, when boys were indicted, accused, and put on trial for the crime of being less than MEN.
                I was fortunate enough to never experience bullying so that could be why I never heard the reference. Someone in high school once told me that people were intimidated by me and left me alone because of that. I discounted the comment but have actually heard it multiple times in my professional life so I have come to accept it.

Comment

I have a CDCC10 Chapbook and a mystery package coming from CD. The mystery package may be a Freeman Patreon shipment as they sometimes come via CD without shipping notice.
                  So had informed delivery do something I have not seen before. The mystery shipment dropped off the radar. Have to assume it was a duplicate of the chap book.

Comment

What is informed delivery?

Comment

So had informed delivery do something I have not seen before. The mystery shipment dropped off the radar. Have to assume it was a duplicate of the chap book.
                      Me thinks me knows what happened. I think you're getting two items in one package (Husks and the Chizmar Chapbook of Chaps). I think Dan might have created two packing labels initially by mistake before combining into one package. Because I just got one shipping confirmation that contained the two books mentioned above.

Comment

I was fortunate enough to never experience bullying so that could be why I never heard the reference. Someone in high school once told me that people were intimidated by me and left me alone because of that. I discounted the comment but have actually heard it multiple times in my professional life so I have come to accept it.
                        I've never met you in person and I am terrified of you. We all are. We've been meeting about it. We all have emergency readiness plans with packed grab-and-go bags at the ready.

I too didn't receive all that much bullying. But I witnessed a lot of toxic bullshit. I never understood the need to break other people down. Still don't.

Comment

I've never met you in person and I am terrified of you. We all are. We've been meeting about it. We all have emergency readiness plans with packed grab-and-go bags at the ready.

I too didn't receive all that much bullying. But I witnessed a lot of toxic bullshit. I never understood the need to break other people down. Still don't.
                          Getting more into the weeds here; I can't say that I was really bullied either. However, you're always going to run into assholes an every stage of your personal and professional life. Some just happen to peak in high school. Sad.

As far as Martin. The intimidation comes from the envy of his super fast internet. This was foreseen before his birth. And the people trembled before him......

Comment

Me thinks me knows what happened. I think you're getting two items in one package (Husks and the Chizmar Chapbook of Chaps). I think Dan might have created two packing labels initially by mistake before combining into one package. Because I just got one shipping confirmation that contained the two books mentioned above.
                            Getting Husks with the chap book would be cool. I am scheduled to find out next Wednesday, the same day my Subterranean Press grab bag is scheduled to arrive. First time I have tried one of their grab bags.

Comment

Don't think "Husks" is ready for publishing yet. It's included because it's on the same order.

Comment

Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
                                Don't think "Husks" is ready for publishing yet. It's included because it's on the same order.
                                Correct. It should be listed as backordered.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X