Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on the 2nd printing!

Comment

Just a quick update on the shipping of these. By this time tomorrow all the remaining customer orders should be packed and ready to leave. Dave is working on the UPS single book orders now and we'll finish up any stragglers and the multiple copy orders tomorrow.
      CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
      Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

That's awesome! I received my notice and can't wait to get my book.

Comment

Booklist will be publishing a great review of The Dark Man early next month:

"Purportedly scrawled by a college-age King on the back of a restaurant place mat, this glowering poem introduced a wandering character of ultimate evil, who would later mature into Randall Flagg of The Stand, The Eyes of the Dragon, and the Dark Tower series. Therefore, even though this is a curiosity, it's a significant one in the King mythos, and Chadbourne's black-and-white interpretation gives the spare text just the rotten juice it craves. The poem itself is the sort of metaphysical, apocalyptic piece you might expect from the late 1960s, but is nonetheless evocative. It begins, 'i have stridden the fuming way / of sun-hammered tracks and / smashed cinders,' as we follow the slow nighttime progress of a smudgy man traversing a moonlit America of busted merry-go-rounds, dilapidated trains, and agonized cemeteries. Wordless pages fill out the five-stanza poem, with Chadbourne's flat, snarled pencilwork hiding snakes, spiders, rats, and faces in every twisted tableau. It's all suitably ominous, and bewitched fans will be able to draw a direct line between this and The Gunslinger (1982)."
          Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
          My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Customer pre-orders are finished shipping. The last of them will be picked up by the post office on Monday. Most of the ones that were ordered in the past week have shipped as well. The last of them will ship on Monday.

Instagram

Comment

Are the shipment confirmation emails still going out or should I ask if I have another stuck order? I placed my order for a slipcased THC as soon as the servers came back online after the project announcement 5/14.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                Are the shipment confirmation emails still going out or should I ask if I have another stuck order? I placed my order for a slipcased THC as soon as the servers came back online after the project announcement 5/14.
                I don't think the confirmation emails from today have started to go out yet. Shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll just double check quick just to be safe.

Instagram

Comment

Got my slipcased copy today. Beautiful. Waiting for the trade edition. CD another super job.

Comment

Got mine today as well! Posted pictures in my collectors thread.
                    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
                    Got my slipcased copy today. Beautiful. Waiting for the trade edition. CD another super job.

Comment

Slipcased book on my doorstep today also!
                      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Trade edition in the mail today. Pictures soon.

Comment

Got mine yesterday, it's magnificent!

Comment

So I got mine and opened the shrink-wrap and examined it and everything is fine and intact so can I send it back to have it re-shrink-wrapped now?

j/k!

Seriously though, this is such a nice book, it would be a shame to let it linger in the shrink-wrap, Great Job CD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy View Post
                              So I got mine and opened the shrink-wrap and examined it and everything is fine and intact so can I send it back to have it re-shrink-wrapped now?
                              I always have to laugh when I see books for sale "still in the shrink wrap". Seriously, if that adds hundreds of dollars to the book's value I'll run out and rent a shrink wrap machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1442397 View Post
                                I always have to laugh when I see books for sale "still in the shrink wrap". Seriously, if that adds hundreds of dollars to the book's value I'll run out and rent a shrink wrap machine.
                                The first collectible King book I ever owned was the Grant Trade edition of The Wastelands which came in shrink-wrap when it was new, the lady in the bookstore told me to keep the shrink-wrap on as long as possible and it would make the book more valuable so that's what I always thought, now I've read a lot of collector's views on the subject and realize that taking the shrink wrap off is probably the best thing to do so I've been having a little shrink-wrap removal party the past few nights and it's fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X