• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Girls by Ronald Malfi

Little Girls
    Ronald Malfi
    New Signed Limited Edition Coming Soon!
    Hi Folks!
    We're pleased to announce our brand new signed Limited Edition hardcover of Little Girls by Ronald Malfi, and this one is headed to the printer this month!
    From Bram Stoker Award nominee Ronald Malfi comes a chilling novel of childhood revisited, memories resurrected, and fears reborn...
    After years away, Laurie returns to the home where she was raised by a cold, distant father who recently exorcised his demons. But no amount of cleaning can wipe away the troubled past. She feels it lurking in the broken moldings, sees it staring from an empty picture frame, hears it laughing in the moldy greenhouse deep in the woods...

CLICK HERE to purchase this product!

CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

This is a very good book. I highly recommend it. Even though I don’t lie the design of the Graveyard line.(l know I’m in the minority on this) I ordered a copy because the book is that good.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
      This is a very good book. I highly recommend it. Even though I don’t lie the design of the Graveyard line.(l know I’m in the minority on this) I ordered a copy because the book is that good.
      I have only read December Park by Malfi and loved it. Looking forward to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
        I'm in the same minority...the Graveyard aesthetic is just not my cup of tea. That said, though, the Malfi book is a good one...I have a signed TPB of it, so that'll do me fine in this case, but for those who haven't read it and enjoy limiteds, you should definitely give this Graveyard edition some consideration. It's not my favorite Malfi, but it's certainly among his better works.
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

This is a pass for me as well. I did enjoy "December Park" and because of that tried three or four of Malfi's other novels; however, I found those other novels very underwhelming. They were well written but the stories just didn't grab me. To steal a line from Ron above, "the Graveyard aesthetic is just not my cup of tea" as well. With very few exceptions, I prefer books with dust jackets. Oh well, maybe the next book CD announces will be more in my wheelhouse.

Comment

I'm sorry you guys don't like The Graveyard aesthetic. They're hands down my favorite books we're producing right now. If I could have every book in my personal collection look like these I would love it. It's a very vintage antique book aesthetic and would make my collection feel like a old library. The only thing I wish is we could do spine hubs on them, but that's not something that can really be accomplished at this price point.

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
              I'm sorry you guys don't like The Graveyard aesthetic. They're hands down my favorite books we're producing right now. If I could have every book in my personal collection look like these I would love it. It's a very vintage antique book aesthetic and would make my collection feel like a old library. The only thing I wish is we could do spine hubs on them, but that's not something that can really be accomplished at this price point.
              As I have mentioned before, I love the Graveyard Series and Dan has hit on many of the reasons why. They are just so elegant and classic looking, and with five of them lined up on my shelf (so far) that look is amplified. To me, they have the look and feel of much more expensive books. Not only that, but they are being published in a timely manner with no significant scheduling delays. This is a series I will gladly continue to purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post

As I have mentioned before, I love the Graveyard Series and Dan has hit on many of the reasons why. They are just so elegant and classic looking, and with five of them lined up on my shelf (so far) that look is amplified. To me, they have the look and feel of much more expensive books. Not only that, but they are being published in a timely manner with no significant scheduling delays. This is a series I will gladly continue to purchase.
                I believe if there are scheduling delays we never know because they do not announce these titles until they are close to shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I believe if there are scheduling delays we never know because they do not announce these titles until they are close to shipping.
                  Maybe that's why it seems like there aren't any delays with this series. I also think that if there's a problem with a certain volume they just skip to the next book in the series so we aren't left waiting forever.

Comment

No need to be sorry Dan. Not everyone likes all the same styles. That being said I look forward to having this edition and the Little books in my collection. If anything else comes up that I like I'll still purchase it.

Comment

Count me in as some one who really likes the Graveyard Editions. Yes, spine hubs would have been a nice addition to these editions, but the price point is very attractive where it’s at.

Also, not announcing the titles until they are close to publication keeps the interest high. Unfortunately, CD is known for some long wait times between announcement and publication, but the way these books are being handled helps to mitigate that a bit.

My only complaint is that I wish some of these titles would get lettered editions. A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS and LITTLE GIRLS would have been lettered purchases for me in addition to the GE version. But that’s a minor quibble.

Comment

I had a suggestion – what if you include a dustjacket but increase the price to $55 or $60 (whatever is most appropriate to cover the costs for a dustjacket)? The print runs of 500 copies means that they will still sell out even with a $5 or $10 increase. You could make the dustjacket look exactly like the front of each Graveyard Edition so you don’t have to pay any costs for artwork or artwork licensing.

Comment

I also had another suggestion for one of the future Graveyard Editions, although you’d need to have Brian Freeman ask Bentley Little. I found an excellent Bentley Little interview from 1990

https://dailytitan.com/app/DTarchive...1990-02-08.pdf

and he mentioned that his first published novel THE REVELATION sprang from two short stories, “WATERHEAD BABY” and “MILK RANCH POINT”. “MILK RANCH POINT” was first published (to my knowledge) in Bentley’s 2018’s collection WALKING ALONE but “WATERHEAD BABY” has never been published. “WATERHEAD BABY” would likely be less than 10 pages in hardcover, and I thought it would be great to include that in the Graveyard Edition of either THE REVELATION or WALKING ALONE.

Comment

Originally posted by kshane View Post
                            I had a suggestion – what if you include a dustjacket but increase the price to $55 or $60 (whatever is most appropriate to cover the costs for a dustjacket)? The print runs of 500 copies means that they will still sell out even with a $5 or $10 increase. You could make the dustjacket look exactly like the front of each Graveyard Edition so you don’t have to pay any costs for artwork or artwork licensing.
                            This is something that would be do-able, but I'm really not sure how desirable it would be. Usually the reason people prefer dust jackets is because of artwork.

Instagram

Comment

This is something that would be do-able, but I'm really not sure how desirable it would be. Usually the reason people prefer dust jackets is because of artwork.
                              With the old world style I prefer these without a dust jacket.

Comment

Working...
                              X