[INDEXED]Doctor Sleep: The Deluxe Special Edition by Stephen King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    If it was for a gift, you should have. If it was for a limited we haven't gotten to the international orders for those yet. If it was for both you should get it today. I thought I saw yours in the pile for both.
    Just got my shipping notice! THANKS!!!!

sk

Comment

Me tooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This is starting to pop up on secondary sites (like eBay). It looks beautiful.

Comment

Both of my copies will be here tomorrow. Unfortunately I am pulling another 26 hours of work between 11 tonight and 9 Friday morning. Looks like I won't get to it till Friday afternoon. Oh well. Pictures this weekend.

Comment

I only ordered the gift edition and received it yesterday. This book once again shows that CD sets the bar for specialty press publishing. If others matched CD's quality and attention to detail I would be much broker!

Comment

I am at work but my copies came in today.I know this because my wife called a few hours ago and said what the h did you get from UPS that weighs almost 13 pounds? I told her it was a book....well 2 books. She said right as if 2 books weigh 13 pounds. We bet dinner. Boy is she gonna be ticked when I open that box when I get home in the morning.

Comment

Still awaiting Shipping notice. If I remember the email correctly were the S/L with just a remarque from Vinny to ship with the rest of the S/L?

Comment

I'm pretty sure we'll have some extra copies. That said I won't know for sure until we're completely done shipping and assess the number of damages. So I'd say at least two weeks before I know for certain.
                  How're the prospects looking for an extra one from CD?

They're popping up on eBay, and I've considered just doing a purchase there, but I really really hate supporting book flippers.

Comment

Originally posted by coderedx View Post
                    How're the prospects looking for an extra one from CD?

They're popping up on eBay, and I've considered just doing a purchase there, but I really really hate supporting book flippers.
                    Prospects are good. Send me an email I'll put you in my "To Do" list for when we're done shipping the rest of the Doctor Sleep orders.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Prospects are good. Send me an email I'll put you in my "To Do" list for when we're done shipping the rest of the Doctor Sleep orders.
                      You made my day. Possibly my week. Email sent.

Comment

Unbelievable. This book is beautiful. Both copies. Pictures later tomorrow as I am heading out soon. CD never cease to amaze me. Congratulations again.

Comment

I saw the big box sitting on my doorstep as I returned from a bike ride. Yes, the S/L Dr Sleep! I got the shipping notification after the UPS guy delivered it

Comment

Congrats. I love when that happens. It's like Christmas or your birthday. What???? a package I didn't get any notice. Those are usually the best ones.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOCTOR-SLEEP...item540152c439

So here is an auction on ebay and how many copies does this guy have in his picture???? He currently has 4 left. Tell me how can this book flipper get so many copies and I can't even get one !?!
                              " A room without books is like a body without a soul."
                              - Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by pennynutter View Post
                                http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOCTOR-SLEEP...item540152c439

So here is an auction on ebay and how many copies does this guy have in his picture???? He currently has 4 left. Tell me how can this book flipper get so many copies and I can't even get one !?!
                                This pisses me off too, as the seller has a photo showing that he/she had 7 S/L copies of this book.

The seller is clearly out to scalp people as he/she is selling each copy at a 'buy it now' price of $799.99, which is nearly twice the amount of the original price set by CD.

What puzzles me is that I thought CD was going to clamp down on this kind of greedy behaviour, by setting strict limits of only 1 copy per household.

The following is the CD policy on ordering multiple copies taken directly from the online store page for Doctor Sleep:

Ordering Multiple Copies:
                                There is a limit of one (1) Limited Edition and one (1) Lettered Edition per person or household. There is currently no limit on the Gift Edition, although that might be changed in the near future due to the low print run. Please note that we cannot combine multiple orders later on, so if you want to save on shipping, please place one order for all of the editions you want.

If I had one request, it would be for CD to find out who this seller is and to ban him/her from purchasing any future copies of Stephen King books. This kind of scalping is all too common and it needs to stop.
                                Last edited by T-Dogz_AK47; 11-24-2013, 08:58 PM.
                                "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                                - Stephen King

Comment

Working...
                                X