X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by mulleins View Post
    Agree! Thank you for the heads up also. The animated cover is cool. It creeped my wife out when I did a screencast.

Mulleins
    I really like the cover art and the animation took it to another level. Hopefully someone here can win a copy!

Leave a comment:

• mulleins
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    Agree! Thank you for the heads up also. The animated cover is cool. It creeped my wife out when I did a screencast.

Mulleins

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Thanks for the heads-up.

Originally posted by Martin View Post
    on https://stephenking.com/ you can see an animated cover of If It Bleeds and enter a contest to win a hardbound or Audible copy of the book.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    on https://stephenking.com/ you can see an animated cover of If It Bleeds and enter a contest to win a hardbound or Audible copy of the book.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    Thanks, Brian! I figured that was the case but wanted to make sure. Appreciated!
    Happy to help!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Slipcases are always down the road a bit because we need a finished book for the sizing. So, the books will ship whenever we get them, and the slipcases separately later on!

Brian
    Thanks, Brian! I figured that was the case but wanted to make sure. Appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Marmaduke Grigsby View Post
    I ordered the book with slipcase from CD when it was first announced. Does anyone know if the slipcases are done, or will we have to wait a while for those? If the slipcases aren't done, will the books be shipped first and the slipcases later?
    Slipcases are always down the road a bit because we need a finished book for the sizing. So, the books will ship whenever we get them, and the slipcases separately later on!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Marmaduke Grigsby
    replied
    I ordered the book with slipcase from CD when it was first announced. Does anyone know if the slipcases are done, or will we have to wait a while for those? If the slipcases aren't done, will the books be shipped first and the slipcases later?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Splync View Post
    I'm curious to see how this collection does sales-wise. I mean, it's Stephen King, so I know it'll sell well regardless. But with bookstores being closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, I imagine that it might see lower sales numbers (presuming that not everyone will purchase an e-book, audiobook, or copy online).

I've got my copy ordered!
    Here is the real question. Did the publisher reduce the print run or were these printed before society as we know it collapsed? What if we learn in a year that this is the smallest King 1st print run in decades? Are speculative collectors buying multiple copies out of the gate? How will the collecting world look at this book in the future if that happened? The fact that they are going with early release I am assuming the print run was not impacted and they want to get distributors a chance to start selling during the time they would normally be getting the books out to their retailers. That is my random speculation for the day.

Leave a comment:

• Splync
    replied
    I'm curious to see how this collection does sales-wise. I mean, it's Stephen King, so I know it'll sell well regardless. But with bookstores being closed due to the coronavirus pandemic, I imagine that it might see lower sales numbers (presuming that not everyone will purchase an e-book, audiobook, or copy online).

I've got my copy ordered!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    So on another thread I had mentioned that the release date had been moved from May 5th to April 28th. Well decided to order the hardbound via Powell's this morning and noticed the release date has moved again. It is now April 21st. Checked my Audible pre-order and it has also been moved to April 21st.

Leave a comment:

• JJ123
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I have been unable to find details but Hodder & Stoughton posted this 'Four new irresistible stories from the master @StephenKing including a stand alone sequel to The Outsider'.
    Thank you for the info. Pretty exciting about the sequel. With King also doing something of a sequel with The Stand in the TV series version (I guess something along the lines of helping write the last episode and discussing events after the end of the book), and with his Doctor Sleep from a few years back, I would love to see a novella (or even short story) continuation of It. From what I understand, a novel would definitely be out of the question. Which is fine, I'm sort of into shorter works these days because of considerations of time (as I'm sure many of us are)...

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    This looks to be the UK cover:

B4E8FB07EA4ADB553FC26E01A0666C48.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Pretty hefty book judging by the page count. Wonder if H&S is going to go nuts with the variants of this one too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X