X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    Wow - never knew that about Spokane - or if I did - I had blocked it. Thanks for sharing and enlightening me!
    I used to periodically travel to Spokane on business and the first few times I stayed in the outskirts. The city always struck me as an old industrial town in the high desert with strip mall restaurants. One time I stayed downtown and went for a walk. I found this spectacular core with a beautiful park, College campus and nice restaurants. Not a lot of activities so it is not exactly a vacation spot but is a good pass through if you are heading to Walla Walla wine country or Coeur d'Alene which are both great vacation spots.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Wow - never knew that about Spokane - or if I did - I had blocked it. Thanks for sharing and enlightening me!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Gorgeous photos! My cases arrived on Wednesday. They are nice!

Leave a comment:

• Dave1442397
    replied
    Great pics of Spokane! I've never been there, but did spend a few days in Wenatchee and visited Seattle a few times.

As for slipcases, my second one showed up yesterday. This is at least the third time I've ordered an extra slipcase by mistake. I think I'll just leave this one sealed up for a year or two and then sell it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Spokane has falls?
    Yes. Right in downtown. One side is a really nice park and the other side is Gonzaga University:
    Upper_Spokane_Falls_20070217.jpg090523016 Middle Spokane Falls.jpg47800_d57b30a105ebe2e0741f20b462ff4d55_large.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Spokane has falls?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The USPS decided to send my Sleeping Beauty Slipcases on a scenic tour before delivering them to me. The were scheduled for delivery today. This morning I got an email with a new delivery date of Monday with an update that they are currently in Spokane. Packages to my neck of the woods normally flow through Federal Way not Spokane. I hope they get a chance to check out the falls, I love downtown Spokane around the falls.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    For those who were hoping we would have extra slipcases for the US trade hardcover of SLEEPING BEAUTIES, please see this link while supplies last:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/sleepin...-slipcase.html

Brian

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Sweet! I'll be on the lookout for that announcement.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Hopefully there will be some extras left. I never imagined that I would get two signed editions from the book tour so I’m hoping I can get slipcases for those.
    I'm pretty positive we're going to have plenty of extras. I'm sure Brian or I will post here once we're done shipping the pre-orders and put the extras on the site.

Leave a comment:

• TacomaDiver
    replied
    Hopefully there will be some extras left. I never imagined that I would get two signed editions from the book tour so I’m hoping I can get slipcases for those.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Just a heads up. Our slipcases for these will probably start shipping tomorrow / Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Just a heads up. Our slipcases for these will probably start shipping tomorrow / Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't realize they were selling for so low; I figured they'd be equivalent to US prices, which would make this a better deal.

This is also why I don't try to collect everything King - it can get out of hand FAST.

£20 is the list price but H&S seems to always discount them to £10 upon release or preorder. At least my comic variant addiction is less costly

Leave a comment:

• slayn666
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    That seems awful pricy as the books originally sold for £10 each. The peacock is exclusive to Tesco. Although without a UK contact to help hunt down each variant for you, this might be your best option if you must have them all. On top of this, the WH Smith purple editions also have the 4 variant animals. That's 9 total variants for just the UK 1st/1st trade editions alone. 2nd printings forward will not contain an animal imprint on the front board.
    Oh wow, I didn't realize they were selling for so low; I figured they'd be equivalent to US prices, which would make this a better deal.

This is also why I don't try to collect everything King - it can get out of hand FAST.

Edit: And the book seller offering this set is Anderida books, if anyone wants to try contacting them directly. They were pretty specific that the deal was for their newsletter subscribers only, though.
    Last edited by slayn666; 09-28-2017, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X