Sleeping Beauties By Stephen King and Owen King to be released in 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    I'm going to try for Portland as well. I'm guessing it's Powells, but I do wonder if it'll be at a larger venue to handle the demand.

I saw him in Seattle for BAG OF BONES. As far as I knew, that was the last time he toured here; guess I missed the LISEY'S STORY tour/stop.
    The Lisey's Story appearance in Seattle was at Benaroya Hall which seats 2,500. We had tickets that allowed us to sit in the first four rows and we managed to get first row center.

Powell's often hosts larger events at the Baghdad theater in Southest Portland. Baghdad has a capacity of about 700. It would not surprise me if this event was at one of the larger venues like the Arlene Schnitzer concert hall.

Hope I can get tickets and also hope for a premium ticket for better seating!

Comment

Btw, r.e. SLEEPING BEAUTIES, the book: I caved. I tried to hold out on it, passing on both the signed/limited and the Gift edition from CD when initially offered (was early enough that I had the opportunity for either), but time has worn me down…just put in my reservation for a Gift edition. Co-authored works make me skeptical, given my general experience with them, but I'm going to give it a shot.
      Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
        I saw him once in Chicago for Bag of Bones.
        I was there too. It was on the exact same day as his upcoming Chicago appearance: September 29. I know because I still have the tickets to the event in my signed copies of Bag of Bones.

Comment

I'm going to try to get Portland tickets, so maybe I'll see a few of you down that way.

Comment

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
            Btw, r.e. SLEEPING BEAUTIES, the book: I caved. I tried to hold out on it, passing on both the signed/limited and the Gift edition from CD when initially offered (was early enough that I had the opportunity for either), but time has worn me down…just put in my reservation for a Gift edition. Co-authored works make me skeptical, given my general experience with them, but I'm going to give it a shot.
            I'm starting to be worn down as well. I too passed on both editions, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't pick up a gift edition. Right now, I'm contemplating a pretty sizeable shift in my collecting goals, so that's holding me off as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
              I'm starting to be worn down as well. I too passed on both editions, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't pick up a gift edition. Right now, I'm contemplating a pretty sizeable shift in my collecting goals, so that's holding me off as well.
              If it helps, place the reservation with Kim @ Camelot (if you weren't already planning on doing so)...at least that way you don't have to worry about paying for it for quite some time, which if you're like me helps blunt the pain and anxiety of placing the order on a book you'd already told yourself 'no' to.

Btw, what "sizeable shift" are you contemplating? Curious minds want to know...
              Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I'm the worst when it comes to collecting goals... I make them then, inevitably, I break them.

Comment

Hey, guys. Just wanted to make you aware of this in case anyone is interested.

Oblong Books & Music advised me via email that they would only be accepting orders for inscribed copies by Owen through 2:30 EST today. After that, they'd only have flat signed copies by Owen. Link below:

Oblong Books & Music

Comment

A bit of info for collectors:

UK Publisher Hodder have published 5 variant designs that are exclusive to the first edition hardback. 4 were available randomly through booksellers and featured different foil embossed animal on the front of the boards: A fox, a snake, a moth and a tiger. The 5th animal, a peacock was an exclusive to one particular retailer in limited quantities.
                    I don't know who the fifth retailer is, unfortunately, as I got this info from a special offer through a UK book seller.

Speaking of, I have no intention of taking the book seller up on the offer, but it seems like a decent deal so I'm willing to pick it up, at cost, for someone here. It's all five covers, and the cost is £150 plus shipping. If you're interested, shoot me an email at donaldmcobb at gmail dot com with your address so the seller can calculate shipping cost (warning: it is not going to be cheap, they send via registered airmail). First come, first served, and I'll need payment relatively quickly so I can pay the book seller. They have a very limited stock, so decide fast .

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                      A bit of info for collectors:

I don't know who the fifth retailer is, unfortunately, as I got this info from a special offer through a UK book seller.

Speaking of, I have no intention of taking the book seller up on the offer, but it seems like a decent deal so I'm willing to pick it up, at cost, for someone here. It's all five covers, and the cost is £150 plus shipping. If you're interested, shoot me an email at donaldmcobb at gmail dot com with your address so the seller can calculate shipping cost (warning: it is not going to be cheap, they send via registered airmail). First come, first served, and I'll need payment relatively quickly so I can pay the book seller. They have a very limited stock, so decide fast .
                      That seems awful pricy as the books originally sold for £10 each. The peacock is exclusive to Tesco. Although without a UK contact to help hunt down each variant for you, this might be your best option if you must have them all. On top of this, the WH Smith purple editions also have the 4 variant animals. That's 9 total variants for just the UK 1st/1st trade editions alone. 2nd printings forward will not contain an animal imprint on the front board.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
                        That seems awful pricy as the books originally sold for £10 each. The peacock is exclusive to Tesco. Although without a UK contact to help hunt down each variant for you, this might be your best option if you must have them all. On top of this, the WH Smith purple editions also have the 4 variant animals. That's 9 total variants for just the UK 1st/1st trade editions alone. 2nd printings forward will not contain an animal imprint on the front board.
                        Oh wow, I didn't realize they were selling for so low; I figured they'd be equivalent to US prices, which would make this a better deal.

This is also why I don't try to collect everything King - it can get out of hand FAST.

Edit: And the book seller offering this set is Anderida books, if anyone wants to try contacting them directly. They were pretty specific that the deal was for their newsletter subscribers only, though.
                        Last edited by slayn666; 09-28-2017, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayn666 View Post
                          Oh wow, I didn't realize they were selling for so low; I figured they'd be equivalent to US prices, which would make this a better deal.

This is also why I don't try to collect everything King - it can get out of hand FAST.

£20 is the list price but H&S seems to always discount them to £10 upon release or preorder. At least my comic variant addiction is less costly

Comment

Just a heads up. Our slipcases for these will probably start shipping tomorrow / Monday.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                              Just a heads up. Our slipcases for these will probably start shipping tomorrow / Monday.
                              Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                              My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Hopefully there will be some extras left. I never imagined that I would get two signed editions from the book tour so I’m hoping I can get slipcases for those.

Comment

Working...
                                X