Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonClinton
    replied
    I believe it’s two different editions, as Charles Ardai, the publisher of Hard Case Crime, said there would be a signed/limited edition in the same way there was for JOYLAND. That suggests to me that it will be signed by Stephen King and numbered, as that was the format of the Joyland deluxe limited. Plus, as far as I know, Ardai has no connection with the Haven Foundation, so doubt that was the version to which he was referring.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by brlesh View Post

Apparently The Haven Foundation is producing a HC edition signed by Glenn Chadbourne for $75.

I saw it advertised on a recent Overlook Connection newsletter.

I don't know if this is considered to be the LE for Later or not.

B
    I believe this is a hardbound version of the paperback with Overlook giving some of the proceeds to Haven. I think that based on this statement on the website "2021 Hardcase Crime Haven Bound hardcover of trade paperback. New. Sealed."

Here is the link for anyone interested in it: https://overlookconnection.com/catal...ed-p-8154.html

Leave a comment:

• brlesh
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Not only is there going to be a HC, but Ardai of HCC said on Twitter that there was going to be a signed/limited HC as there was with JOYLAND.
    Apparently The Haven Foundation is producing a HC edition signed by Glenn Chadbourne for $75.

I saw it advertised on a recent Overlook Connection newsletter.

I don't know if this is considered to be the LE for Later or not.

B

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post

A bookstore in Florida sold 250 copies of If It Bleeds 1st Trades flat signed for $35 and some change upon release. I think they're currently going for $700-$800.
    Wow. I completely missed out on that. That's a amazing for those who got it at the $35 price point.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
    Back in the day I bought "Firestarter" signed limited direct from Phantasia Press for $35.00....and thought I was spending alot!
    That was a great purchase!

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by pumpheel View Post
    Back in the day I bought "Firestarter" signed limited direct from Phantasia Press for $35.00....and thought I was spending alot!
    Nice! It's high upon my want list.

Leave a comment:

• pumpheel
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post

Yes, that's an absolute steal. I see this come up on Ebay fairly regularly and they always fetch a good price. I just can't imagine a King signed book going that cheap. The furor that would cause amongst the King collecting community.
    A bookstore in Florida sold 250 copies of If It Bleeds 1st Trades flat signed for $35 and some change upon release. I think they're currently going for $700-$800.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post

Yet not the least expensive King Signed Limited. That honor goes to Quietly Now from Borderlands Press. It is an anthology and King is amongst 15 signatures but it sold for $40.00.
    Yes, that's an absolute steal. I see this come up on Ebay fairly regularly and they always fetch a good price. I just can't imagine a King signed book going that cheap. The furor that would cause amongst the King collecting community.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Yeah, that's a pretty good price.
    Yet not the least expensive King Signed Limited. That honor goes to Quietly Now from Borderlands Press. It is an anthology and King is amongst 15 signatures but it sold for $40.00.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Yes it was. At the time I was only budgeting and buying trades. My collecting goal, at the time, was having 1st 1st's of SK. Sadly I had no idea what the cost was for the Double Days...

Originally posted by Martin View Post

I show that I paid $75 and I bought it directly. Since it was seven years ago I doubt I will be offered a pre-order on Later based on this purchase but I will be pleased if they do that.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    Yeah, that's a pretty good price.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    If I remember correctly wasn’t the JOYLAND limited rather reasonably priced?
    I show that I paid $75 and I bought it directly. Since it was seven years ago I doubt I will be offered a pre-order on Later based on this purchase but I will be pleased if they do that.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    If I remember correctly wasn’t the JOYLAND limited rather reasonably priced?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I hope that is correct and that I can afford/snag a copy.

To this day I kick myself for not buying the Joyland signed edition. It felt like a financial "reach" at the time. In hind-site I could have afforded it easily.

I did, and hope that those who purchased the JOYLAND S/L will have first refusal for their matching number, but I'm not holding my breath.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X