No announcement yet.

30th Anniversary Editions of Christine and Pet Sematary - PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't help but think of how good the PS editions will look as a set, though. The art in Chrisitne isn't very diverse, but I like everything else about it.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Yea I was thinking the same thing. PS books are on the smaller side but they are well made. I think that the books will look great together.

Comment

I got #495. I'll definitely be ordering all the PS editions. I don't have hardcovers of most of the early SK books, because I had no money in those days and went for quantity over quality. I could buy four paperbacks for the price of a hardcover

Comment

I don't think the PS Christine is a bad book, but I conisder for the same price what CD is putting into the gift edition of Doctor Sleep...with the color art that will look as good as they normally have, the heavier paper, the over-sized paper. Yes, Christine has art on the book cover itself and on the slipcase, but I would so much more have loved a CD gift edition for quality vs what PS is giving us.
          Last edited by bsaenz24; 10-29-2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
            I don't think the PS Christine is a bad book, but I conisder for the same price what CD is putting into the gift edition of Doctor Sleep...with the color art that will look as good as they normally have, the heavier paper, the over-sized paper. Yes, Christine has art on the book cover itself and on the slipcase, but I would so much more have loved a CD gift edition for quality vs what PS is giving us.
            What features would make Christine a better edition for you? I am in contact with Pete at PS Publishing and can feedback any constructive thoughts about their books.
            "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
            - Stephen King

Comment

(dup)
              Last edited by bsaenz24; 10-29-2013, 06:26 PM.

Comment

The paper is only so so. I like the heavier paper that CD and SubPress use.
                The paper for the color art seems to be the same quality as the text pages. CD and SubPress seem to have a much heavier stock and the color art is usually tipped in because it is that different paper. The art comes out MUCH brighter, "heavier" and...well...colorful in the CD and SUbPress books. The color seems weak on the art for Christine.
                I don't like books that short in height. They feel like book club editions to me. They should be at least as tall as a CD/SubPress normal book, but preferably the over-sized like Doctor Sleep.
                I do like having the art on the outside cover of the book and the slipcase.
                I don't expect PS would change the height for their other King anniversary editions because then you would get people complaining that the later volumes do not match the earlier ones, but maybe they could at least bump up the quality of the paper for the art and maybe even the paper for the text.

Of course, many others seem to love the book as is, so it could very well just be me.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I really don't like the shorter sized books. I just figured this was full size, disappointing considering cost.

Comment

I agree about the paper but I prefer the ones that have a nice texture, like the ones used on some of the Grant books and that used for the Philtrum EOTD and Ideal Genuine Man.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                      I agree about the paper but I prefer the ones that have a nice texture, like the ones used on some of the Grant books and that used for the Philtrum EOTD and Ideal Genuine Man.
                      Something like mould made Saunders Waterford or Mohawk Superfine 100gsm?
                      "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
                      - Stephen King

Comment

Dang it! I waited too long and now Pet Semetery is sold out! I decided that I won't be kicking myself in the butt twice, so I swiped a copy of Christine before that disappears too.

Comment

Originally posted by Neiaushie79 View Post
                          Dang it! I waited too long and now Pet Semetery is sold out! I decided that I won't be kicking myself in the butt twice, so I swiped a copy of Christine before that disappears too.
                          Good thinking, Christine is such an awesome book!!!
                          - Stephen King

Comment

Darn, missed PS too, but bit on Shining and Christine

Comment

I wonder when PS is going to be published.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
                                I wonder when PS is going to be published.
                                I wish I knew. I can't find any info for PS anywhere. Some sites still say this month (yeah, right), and others just say 2013. I just hope they have extras or cancellations.

Comment

Working...
                                X