30th Anniversary Editions of Christine and Pet Sematary - PS Publishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    How tall is it? I know years back a good number of PS books were pretty short in height. I expect/hope they would not do that with a King title.
    I just measured the book and it's 8½ inches tall. It is a bit short compared to other Hardback books that I have, but it still looks stunning!
    "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
    - Stephen King

Comment

Well happy birthday!
      Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
      My copy of Christine was waiting for me when I got home from work today. It arrived on my birthday too!!!!

It looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

I got issued copy No. 1 of 750 and PS Publishing guarantee to match numbers on future Stephen King books. How cool is that?!

Now that I have this truly awesome book, I can now start a collection thread so photos to follow...

Comment

Originally posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
        My copy of Christine was waiting for me when I got home from work today. It arrived on my birthday too!!!!

It looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

I got issued copy No. 1 of 750 and PS Publishing guarantee to match numbers on future Stephen King books. How cool is that?!

Now that I have this truly awesome book, I can now start a collection thread so photos to follow...
        Congrats, happy birthday! Can't wait to see a new collection thread.

Comment

Great news you lucky T-Dogz.

Comment

I'm sure mine will get here sometime in the next couple of weeks. Congratz on the No.1! Now you HAVE to spend your money at PS!
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by srboone View Post
              I'm sure mine will get here sometime in the next couple of weeks. Congratz on the No.1! Now you HAVE to spend your money at PS!
              Yep, l have already pre ordered Pet Sematery and will definitely be down for Thinner, Carrie and Skeleton Crew.
              "I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged."
              - Stephen King

Comment

Hmm. Did PS change the planned cover of PS? Was it mentioned here and I just missed it?

http://www.pspublishing.co.uk/pet-se...ing-1713-p.asp

I think I liked the previous wrap around better...
                Last edited by srboone; 10-14-2013, 09:05 AM.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

It's a mess. They should have used the font for "Pet Sematary" the same as the one used on the spine. And they should move the Introduction and Afterword mentions to the back. Just like with Christine, they are overloading the front with too much stuff, ruining the art and making it look like an ad. Not to knock them but how many people are buying it because they see the names of these contributors? Probably none.

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                    It's a mess. They should have used the font for "Pet Sematary" the same as the one used on the spine. And they should move the Introduction and Afterword mentions to the back. Just like with Christine, they are overloading the front with too much stuff, ruining the art and making it look like an ad. Not to knock them but how many people are buying it because they see the names of these contributors? Probably none.
                    I agree completely.

Comment

Here is the original cover art for Pet Sematary. Personally I don't know what the fuss is about, I much prefer the new version. I thought the old version had too much green in it, which made it look bland.

pet sematary.png
                      - Stephen King

Comment

I have nothing against the art, it is nice. So why cover it up with all that stuff? Squire posted photos of Barker's Weaveworld anniversary edition and I love what they did with the dustjacket - beautiful art and not a word to clutter it. This is what I would like to see them do with these special editions. Wouldn't the cover look awesome with just the painting of Arnie/Christine and the Pet Sematary?

weave.jpg
                        weaveworld_cover_lg.jpg

Comment

Goode example. I love the limited of Weaveworld.

Comment

I completely agree. I loved the somber menace of the original cover for Pet Sematary.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well I like both. But I agree with everything everyone said..

Comment

The art for both of those Pet Sematary covers is eerie but also somewhat dull, the artist has said on another forum that he shied away from featuring the cat on the cover because of the original hardback and that he wanted to do something more subtle, I am all for subtly but do the words Stephen King and Pet Sematary bring about images of a subtle nature? Forgetting the artwork for a second, the font is bad and I said so on another forum and was called an amateur for complaining, this may be so but even an amateur knows a crap font we he sees it, the book appears to be sold out at the publisher and good for them, it's something of a moot point now, still don't know if I will try to get one on the secondary market or not, maybe if one comes up well below the original asking price

Comment

Working...
                                X