No announcement yet.

Simon and schuster ghost brothers of darkland county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to my closest Barnes & Noble yesterday to pick up Joyland, Tin House (with King's story "Afterlife") and Ghost Brothers. I got the first two, but Ghost Brothers hadn't come in yet. It's a 30-minutge drive for me, so Ghost Brothers is going to have to wait a bit.

John

Comment

I got my copy from Amazon today, very cool packaging and I got it $20 below retail, just FYI, Stephen King and John Mellancamp are going to be on Letterman tonight, I'm assuming to promote this

Comment

Went to Chapters today to get Joyland and Ghost Brothers but apparently they don't have GB. Gotta order it online. Thought about getting it through CD but even with my giftcard i'd still be paying just as much as if I order it from Chapters or Amazon because of the shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
          Went to Chapters today to get Joyland and Ghost Brothers but apparently they don't have GB. Gotta order it online. Thought about getting it through CD but even with my giftcard i'd still be paying just as much as if I order it from Chapters or Amazon because of the shipping.
          I feel for the people in Canada and the expensive shipping, very sucky indeed

Just saw the Letterman interview and wow, Mellencamp's kid took a swing and connected, quite a nice shiner he had!

Comment

Holy cow, when I first saw Johnny Galecki on Letterman I thought he was Joaquin Phoenix.
            Originally posted by Tommy View Post
            Just saw the Letterman interview and wow, Mellencamp's kid took a swing and connected, quite a nice shiner he had!

Comment

Tonight, King and Mellencamp are going to be on The Colbert Report

Comment

Got mine coming from Overlook Connection. It'll be here next week.
                "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Purchased mine through CD, not sure when they will get, and send out their copies.

Comment

Hello - new member here. I've ordered the Darkland package from CD. In case anyone was planning on going to one of the stage productions.....I would highly recommend it! I was lucky enough to see the original play in Atlanta last year. (From Indiana, but big Braves fans & the play opening was happily (yay!) at the same time as the opening season series My husband & I both enjoyed it a LOT! The set was fabulous. The story was definitely King and the music was definitely Mellencamp! Plan to see the new production at one of the Indiana venues this October.

Comment

Originally posted by mdn822 View Post
                      Hello - new member here. I've ordered the Darkland package from CD. In case anyone was planning on going to one of the stage productions.....I would highly recommend it! I was lucky enough to see the original play in Atlanta last year. (From Indiana, but big Braves fans & the play opening was happily (yay!) at the same time as the opening season series My husband & I both enjoyed it a LOT! The set was fabulous. The story was definitely King and the music was definitely Mellencamp! Plan to see the new production at one of the Indiana venues this October.
                      Cool....and WELCOME. Hope you join the party often. If you have a collection please share. We love to look at books here..

Comment

I agree with BW on the CD/DVD packaging now. I like the idea and it looks fantastic. The slipcase it great too but the book should have been hardcover. with the weird softcover it has the discs do not stay in place properly. I am still happy with it though.

Comment

I also ordered this from CD. I'm a bit (highly) disappointed to find out that the DVD does not contain the actual show. I guess I should ask more questions before buying. BTW when do you think this package will ship and is it to late to cancel my order? Listening to a musical CD for a show I haven't seen (and probably will not) does not sound very appealing to me.
                          Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
                            I also ordered this from CD. I'm a bit (highly) disappointed to find out that the DVD does not contain the actual show. I guess I should ask more questions before buying. BTW when do you think this package will ship and is it to late to cancel my order? Listening to a musical CD for a show I haven't seen (and probably will not) does not sound very appealing to me.
                            No problem, just email Mindy to cancel your order!

For anyone else who is on the fence, here is the description of the DVD:

"DVD will feature interview footage with Stephen, John and T Bone plus footage of John recording the show-closing song Truth."

So it doesn't sound like there's ANY show footage, I guess, which is a bummer.

Brian
                            Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                            My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

Hey Brian, any idea when these will ship from CD?

Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
                              No problem, just email Mindy to cancel your order!
                              For anyone else who is on the fence, here is the description of the DVD:
                              "DVD will feature interview footage with Stephen, John and T Bone plus footage of John recording the show-closing song Truth."
                              So it doesn't sound like there's ANY show footage, I guess, which is a bummer.
                              Brian

Comment

Originally posted by subie09lega View Post
                                Hey Brian, any idea when these will ship from CD?
                                Brian probably has a better idea than I do, but I think I had said somewhere else on the board that we're still waiting on our copies from the publisher and we are not sure when they will arrive. We do have a handful of copies for urgent orders like gifts and what not.
                                CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                                Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Working...
                                X