Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dark Tower (the series as a whole).

Comment

I would say "The Dark Tower Series" because most of his books are related to the Dark Tower world in some way.

Comment

It.
        "I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later."- Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Christine. They say you never forget your first.

Comment

Nightmares and Dreamscapes. First one I remember reading, and to this day love the cover art.

Comment

These days, as my mind softens, I'd have to say the first thing that pops into my head is the commercial King did for his Maximum Overdrive movie. You know, the one where he wags his finger at you and says "I'M GONNA SCARE THE HELL OUT OF YOU!"

The movie/story is hardly a ringing endorsement of his work, but there you have it.

Comment

The Shining.

Comment

Depending on the day, either The Dark Tower series (if we can consider them a single story; if not, then perhaps The Gunslinger and I'll thankee kindly either way) or The Talisman. The reason for vacillating between these two is for the journey each represents. Give me a journey and I'm in. Knowaddamean?
                  ~^~You can't win if you don't play~^~

Comment

The Stand, or 'Salem's Lot. They were the first two SK books I read and are still two of my favorites.

Comment

Pet Sematary.. This has always been my favorite and I've been hooked ever since. I read it twice a year and never get bored with it.

Comment

I get chills immediately. Pangs of nostalgia mixed with chills from how much I enjoy a great King book to chills of absolute terror (from when I read IT especially).

Comment

Misery, which is the first book I read, or The Dark Tower series.
                          www.weeklynovelreview.blogspot.com Every Monday I review and critique a different novel.

Comment

Creepshow! I was pretty young the first time I gazed upon it's contents and after that initial viewing I woke up screaming several times as I was POSITIVE I saw ole' Nathan standing in the corner of my room holding his caaaake! Needless to say my mother banned Mr. King from me(but not her, oh no) for awhile after that Once I was allowed to have him back, I have never put him down!

Comment

The first King thing would have to be Carrie. I was blown away by how much his writing style matches the way the voices in my head speak to me. Alot of his characters live in my little burb.

Comment

It or The Dark Tower. It really got to me when i was a little kid. I saw part of the movie, the scene in the bathroom with the blood coming out of the pipes... I think I stayed clear of the bathroom for two days and I couldn't bring myself to read the book for years! But it was a great read when I finally found the courage to get through it, although I did have second thoughts about entering the bathroom late at night.

Comment

Working...
                                X