The First Thing that Comes to Mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The First Thing that Comes to Mind

Ok, so if someone says the name "Stephen King" to you, what is the first piece of his work that comes to mind.

For me, it's Shawshank Redemption.
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Pet Sematary. The first one I read and still one of my top two or three.

Comment

The Stand as it was the first book of his that I read. After that it would probably the Dark Tower because of the amount of books in the series and tied to the series
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

The Stand.
        It's the book that has turned me into a constant reader for more than thirty years - and counting.

sk

Comment

The Stand for me as well. I also think of Skeleton Crew since that was the first King book I read.

Comment

The Shining. The first one of his I read and my first lesson in the difference between a book and a movie based on the book. In fact, the movie was what got me to read the book. Great movie, great book.
            "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

It's The Gunslinger hands down. This book (and series) led my imagination to places I never dreamed existed. Sounds corny but it's true.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

For me, that would be "It". Not the first ('Salem's Lot) or the best (Different Seasons) or my favorite (The Stand), but for me "It" is the quintessential Stephen King book, encompassing almost all of his favorite themes and characteristics. And possibly the first book I noticed where his name dominated the cover.
                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

It would be Pet Semetary for me as well. Probably the best book he's written, even though Misery comes close.

Comment

For me it also has to be The Stand. It is the story that took me from a casual reader to a constant reader. Second I would have to give props to The Green Mile because I loved the story being delivered in a serial format.

Comment

Christine. The first of Stephen King's novels that I owned, and still one of the best. Awesome film, too.

Comment

I really like Christine-the-novel.
                        Can't really say the same about Christine-the-movie though.
                        One of Carpenter's misses, imo.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
                          I really like Christine-the-novel.
                          Can't really say the same about Christine-the-movie though.
                          One of Carpenter's misses, imo.

sk
                          I'll admit, it's no Shawshank or Stand By Me. Beats a lot of them though!

Comment

True.
                            Christine (the movie) fit somewhere in between the bottem of the barrel and the top of the heap.

sk

Comment

Creepshow, specifically Jordy Verrill.

What could possibly be more priceless than "Meteor shit!!!" ?

Comment

Working...
                              X