• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Some great pre-orders and releases from RK:

Stygian Sky-Southern Fried and Horrified by Ronald Kelly:

https://www.stygianskymedia.com/prod...over-pre-order

"In Southern-Fried & Horrified, Splatterpunk Award-winning author Ronald Kelly expounds on a lifetime shaped by his love of horror and the macabre, as well as a thirty-six-year career as a Southern storyteller. His early influences, the long road to publication, success as a Zebra Horror author, the devastating collapse of mass market publishing in the mid-1990s, and his ten-year hiatus from writing and horror… it is all here, between two covers, as well as his triumphant return to the genre and a fresh, new resurgence of his creativity and popularity. Sprinkled generously throughout are essays, writing advice, and lists of Kelly’s favorite books and movies, as well as his most cherished heroes, villains, and creatures from the RK mythos."

Death's Head Press- Somewhere South of Hell (chapbooks) by Ronald Kelly. A mix of reprints and new shorts:

https://deathsheadpress.com/products...ook-3pre-order

"From the mind of horror legend, Ronald Kelly, comes 3 books in a collectible 4"x 6.75" chapbook form. Southern horror at it's absolute best. Two great stories per book.

Book 1 TOC:
    Beelzebub Creek (Originally published as “Devil’s Creek” in Midnight Grinding:
    Tales of Twilight Terror, Cemetery Dance Publications 2010)

Summer of the Thumb (Original)

Book 2 TOC:
    Midnight Grinding (Originally published in Borderlands 3, edited by Thomas Montelone 1992)

The Cerebral Passion (Original)

Book 3 TOC:
    Whorehouse Hollow (Originally published in Dark Seductions, Zebra Books. Edited by Alice Alfonsi & John 1993)

He Who Watches (Original)"

Received the email and ordered the chapbook set this morning.

Comment

Nice. I didn't order anything yet. Probably will order the chapbooks but I always struggle on how to store them. The other book I am torn about. I typically don't buy non-fiction, as I don't really enjoy them that much, but I want to support Ron and I love the cover art. So I'm a little funny on both of these.

Either way hope others jump on these and enjoy the hell outta' them.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

Received the email and ordered the chapbook set this morning.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

I'm passing, simply because I have my money tied up with Thunderstorm Dead-eye set.

Comment

Nice. I didn't order anything yet. Probably will order the chapbooks but I always struggle on how to store them. The other book I am torn about. I typically don't buy non-fiction, as I don't really enjoy them that much, but I want to support Ron and I love the cover art. So I'm a little funny on both of these.

Either way hope others jump on these and enjoy the hell outta' them.

The fit is not perfect but I currently have my chapbooks in 7 of the plain black slipcases Cemetery Dance has. Plain Black Slipcase (1.69" x 9.31" x 6.25"): Cemetery Dance Publications

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The fit is not perfect but I currently have my chapbooks in 7 of the plain black slipcases Cemetery Dance has. Plain Black Slipcase (1.69" x 9.31" x 6.25"): Cemetery Dance Publications

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I am planning on taking some pictures of recent purchases this weekend. I will take some of these and add them to my collection thread in case you want to see how they look.

Comment

That would be great. I did pre-order these chap books and have a magazine sleeve for another group. Plus I have a stack in the cabinet which were mostly from White Noise Press before Keith closed that down.

I am planning on taking some pictures of recent purchases this weekend. I will take some of these and add them to my collection thread in case you want to see how they look.

Comment

That would be great. I did pre-order these chap books and have a magazine sleeve for another group. Plus I have a stack in the cabinet which were mostly from White Noise Press before Keith closed that down.

I realized that two of the cases I am using are different cases. I have posted the cases that are currently available from CD on my collection thread. Martin's Collection - Cemetery Dance Forums

Comment

I am not sure, but I suspect that this tweet from Mr. Kelly today is related to the SIlver Shamrock implosion.

Ronald Kelly
                    @RonaldKelly4
                    For the record: nothing pisses me off more than a publisher who tanks and then refuses to clean up their mess and do right by their authors. As bad as Zebra was, they still paid what was owed. After nearly 40 years in the genre, this is about the sorriest shit I’ve come across.
                    6:26 AM · Jun 24, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

It does not show but there was a shamrock emoji at the end of his tweet.

Comment

O T post here. A new addition. He is a Jack Russell Terrier with part Chihuahua. His name is Pip-I've had him for a week now. ~Steve
                      Attached Files
                      Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Comment

What a Cutie, congrats!!

Comment

Super cute dog! Congratulations!

Comment

Howdy, y'all! I know I don't get over here to the forum as much as I should... it's been a busy couple of years (to put it lightly).

A big thanks to Ben for starting this thread concerning 2022 releases. There has been some variation in the schedule I originally had in mind for this year, but quite a bit has gone according to plan. True, the Silver Shamrock fiasco bucked me off the mule for a month or two, but Crossroad Press stepped in and gave The Essential Sick Stuff, The Saga of Dead-Eye series, and the EC Horror-flavored Southern Fried collections a new home. I did get a couple of former Zebra novels finally into paperback once again: Hindisight and The Dark'Un (published by Z as Something Out There). Also, D&T Publishing put out a nice new paperback of my extreme post-apocalyptic horror collection, After the Burn.

Now, if the planets align correctly and the creek doesn't flood, we may be able to get two more out before the end of the year.
                            DeadEye2.jpg

Book Two of the Saga of Dead-Eye: Werewolves, Swamp Critters, & Hellacious Haints should be out around the first of December. The book was originally supposed to be published in hardcover first by Thunderstorm Books, but due to a scheduling conflict, Paul Goblirsch said it was 100% okay with him if Crossroad Press went ahead and released the eBook, paperback, and audio book. Alex McVey continues the Dead-Eye covers with this incredible werewolf art… the first werewolf he has painted since his infamous ‘blue werewolf’ for Undertaker’s Moon nearly twelve years ago. J. Rodney Turner will be doing the audiobook with his customary deep-voiced, Southern flair (he lives scarcely 80 miles from me in Tennessee). Crossroad will be releasing Dead-Eye Books One and Two in a single audiobook.

Fear cover lower dpi.JPG

The long-awaited Fear: The Author’s Preferred Edition may be coming out by the end of this year as well, but it could be delayed until January or February, which is fine with me. This one is going to be a whopper of a book. The original novel of Fear is the same as it was published by Zebra in 1994, but there will be a lot of extra features in this volume, including an introduction by Brian Keene, a Fear testimonial section, two bonus novellas, and a foreword by Ol’ Ron himself. I commissioned Alex McVey to do this new cover artwork, which depicts the heart and spirit of the story more than previous covers did (although everyone still loves the original Zebra Books cover with the cocooned children hanging from the cave ceiling).

So, that’s what may happen before the end of 2022 if all goes well. I hope you all enjoy them.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X