2022 Schedule of Book Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Schedule of Book Releases

Looks like this may be a busy year of book releases for Mr. Kelly.

From his website:

2022 will be a huge year for Ronald Kelly books! These are the currently scheduled books for 2022. More may to be announced at a later date.
    • February: Haunt of Southern-Fried Fear (Silver Shamrock Publishing)
    • April: The illustrated After the Burn (D&T Publishing)
    • June: Hindsight / Paperback Edition (Crossroad Press)
    • June: Dead-Eye, Book Two: Werewolves, Swamp Critters, & Hellacious Haunts (Thunderstorm Books & Silver Shamrock Publishing)
    • September: Southern-Fried and Horrified / Memoir-Writing Guide (Stygian Sky Media)
    • October: The Dark’Un / Paperback Edition (Crossroad Press)
    • December: Dead-Eye, Book Three: Man-Eaters, Mummies, and Murderous Maniacs (Thunderstorm Books & Silver Shamrock Publishing)

Looking for the fonting of youth.

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Looks like this may be a busy year of book releases for Mr. Kelly.

From his website:

2022 will be a huge year for Ronald Kelly books! These are the currently scheduled books for 2022. More may to be announced at a later date.
    • February: Haunt of Southern-Fried Fear (Silver Shamrock Publishing)
    • April: The illustrated After the Burn (D&T Publishing)
    • June: Hindsight / Paperback Edition (Crossroad Press)
    • June: Dead-Eye, Book Two: Werewolves, Swamp Critters, & Hellacious Haunts (Thunderstorm Books & Silver Shamrock Publishing)
    • September: Southern-Fried and Horrified / Memoir-Writing Guide (Stygian Sky Media)
    • October: The Dark’Un / Paperback Edition (Crossroad Press)
    • December: Dead-Eye, Book Three: Man-Eaters, Mummies, and Murderous Maniacs (Thunderstorm Books & Silver Shamrock Publishing)
    With the recent implosion of Silver Shamrock several of these may now be in question.

Comment

I didn't know they had disappeared. Any news or did they just bust?

Originally posted by Martin View Post

With the recent implosion of Silver Shamrock several of these may now be in question.

Comment

I didn't know they had disappeared. Any news or did they just bust?

https://locusmag.com/2022/04/silver-shamrock-closes/

Comment

Interesting. I used to stay in touch with Ken and sorry to hear there were issues. The article states the press was closed due to a book but I find that highly unlikely. There are many works of fiction, which I find disturbing and controversial, but would never want the publisher to go out of business due to a book they decide to publish. I'm surprised authors cannot see the irony in making demands to return rights due to a piece of fiction when so many authors publish awful things all the time.

Comment

Interesting. I used to stay in touch with Ken and sorry to hear there were issues. The article states the press was closed due to a book but I find that highly unlikely. There are many works of fiction, which I find disturbing and controversial, but would never want the publisher to go out of business due to a book they decide to publish.
            That’s because you prize a considered approach that’s not shared by many on social media. The storm that erupted in Twitter, deserved or not, was something to see, and I suspect it was at least as bad on Facebook. It was clear that there was no coming back from that wave of group outrage, and I’m sure it was as clear to the publisher as it was to those of us watching from the sideline. I was a bit surprised the publisher didn’t even try to respond and salvage his business and instead shut down operations in about 24 hours, but, again, it was clear the ending had been written.
            Twitter: https://twitter.com/ron_clinton

Comment

I have to say that is really messed up. My guess is they had some financial issues to begin with and this outburst on social media just sealed the deal. People need to be more tolerant of what adults can decide to buy or not. For me the key word is ADULTS making personal decision(s) for themselves.

Personally there are a few businesses that I avoid if I can but I don't actively attack them or wish them ill. There are real people, with real lives, attached to every business directly and on many levels outside of each business.

Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
              That’s because you prize a considered approach that’s not shared by many on social media. The storm that erupted in Twitter, deserved or not, was something to see, and I suspect it was at least as bad on Facebook. It was clear that there was no coming back from that wave of group outrage, and I’m sure it was as clear to the publisher as it was to those of us watching from the sideline. I was a bit surprised the publisher didn’t even try to respond and salvage his business and instead shut down operations in about 24 hours, but, again, it was clear the ending had been written.

Comment

Ron Kelly's Newsletter, for anyone interested. https://ronaldkelly.substack.com/p/t...le-is-back?s=r

Comment

Hot Damn! Thanks for the link.

It's cool to hear some names I had already thought would be a good fit for ole' Ron. Crossroads Press and Justin T. Coons. Crossroad Press is basically a POD publisher for their hard copy books and I own a few. They are the quality you would expect however their price point doesn't hurt the wallet much.

I still can't wrap my mind around the Gene O'Neill thing. I think what happened is wrong to the author and the publisher. Just don't buy the book if it is offensive to you. I know Kenneth Cain and it hurts me to no end to hear about the hatred and narrow mindedness shown by people these days.

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                  Ron Kelly's Newsletter, for anyone interested. https://ronaldkelly.substack.com/p/t...le-is-back?s=r
                  Last edited by Ben Staad; 05-08-2022, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Heck yeh, sharing cool stuff is what we do here LOL!!!

Comment

Hot Damn! Thanks for the link.

It's cool to hear some names I had already thought would be a good fit for ole' Ron. Crossroads Press and Justin T. Coons. Crossroad Press is basically a POD publisher for their hard copy books and I own a few. They are the quality you would expect however their price point doesn't hurt the wallet much.

I still can't wrap my mind around the Gene O'Neill thing. I think what happened is wrong to the author and the publisher. Just don't buy the book if it is offensive to you. I know Kenneth Cain and it hurts me to no end to hear about the hatred and narrow mindedness shown by people these days.

As someone who followed this real time on Twitter, I will add that the author made things worse by naming people who felt were attacking him and asking his followers to directly attack them. I do not know the author and do not know the work in question, but his response was not good. I will add that the blurb for the book appeared to use every 'White Power' buzzword the writer could have thought of. No idea if it was accurate but I would have avoided the book based on the blurb. Major props to Kenneth Cain who quickly stepped up to do anything he could to assist the authors impacted by this. I have no doubt that without his efforts to gets the work back to the authors and the full documentation of their release we would not be hearing of so many of the pending works finding a home so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
                        Thank you, subscribed!

Comment

I don't disagree with you however I find this whole cancel culture activism fairly disturbing. No one bothers anymore to debate, learn, and peacefully protest these days. It's all hate, derision, and divisiveness.

Gone are the days of learning about an issue, using some critical thinking, and then gaining support for your cause via thoughtful interaction(s).

I haven't read this book either, I think only a small group have, so I hate that a small press was cancelled for a blurb with no knowledge of the book itself. I do know the author noted that this book was eight years in the making and did ask for support from readers, whom read this book, on Twit.

Originally posted by Martin View Post

As someone who followed this real time on Twitter, I will add that the author made things worse by naming people who felt were attacking him and asking his followers to directly attack them. I do not know the author and do not know the work in question, but his response was not good. I will add that the blurb for the book appeared to use every 'White Power' buzzword the writer could have thought of. No idea if it was accurate but I would have avoided the book based on the blurb. Major props to Kenneth Cain who quickly stepped up to do anything he could to assist the authors impacted by this. I have no doubt that without his efforts to gets the work back to the authors and the full documentation of their release we would not be hearing of so many of the pending works finding a home so quickly.

Comment

I just realized I am posting all of this in the RK thread.

Sorry, Ron.

Comment

Some great pre-orders and releases from RK:

Stygian Sky-Southern Fried and Horrified by Ronald Kelly:

https://www.stygianskymedia.com/prod...over-pre-order

"In Southern-Fried & Horrified, Splatterpunk Award-winning author Ronald Kelly expounds on a lifetime shaped by his love of horror and the macabre, as well as a thirty-six-year career as a Southern storyteller. His early influences, the long road to publication, success as a Zebra Horror author, the devastating collapse of mass market publishing in the mid-1990s, and his ten-year hiatus from writing and horror… it is all here, between two covers, as well as his triumphant return to the genre and a fresh, new resurgence of his creativity and popularity. Sprinkled generously throughout are essays, writing advice, and lists of Kelly’s favorite books and movies, as well as his most cherished heroes, villains, and creatures from the RK mythos."

Death's Head Press- Somewhere South of Hell (chapbooks) by Ronald Kelly. A mix of reprints and new shorts:

https://deathsheadpress.com/products...ook-3pre-order

"From the mind of horror legend, Ronald Kelly, comes 3 books in a collectible 4"x 6.75" chapbook form. Southern horror at it's absolute best. Two great stories per book.

Book 1 TOC:
                              Beelzebub Creek (Originally published as “Devil’s Creek” in Midnight Grinding:
                              Tales of Twilight Terror, Cemetery Dance Publications 2010)

Summer of the Thumb (Original)

Book 2 TOC:
                              Midnight Grinding (Originally published in Borderlands 3, edited by Thomas Montelone 1992)

The Cerebral Passion (Original)

Book 3 TOC:
                              Whorehouse Hollow (Originally published in Dark Seductions, Zebra Books. Edited by Alice Alfonsi & John 1993)

He Who Watches (Original)"

Comment

Working...
                              X