Page 161 of 202 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 4039

Thread: Post Your Latest Purchase

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Nice adds, Mike!

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement mhatchett's Avatar
    Thanks Guys. Ron, I really like Gorman a lot and was glad to find this set pretty reasonably priced.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Thanks, everyone! I'm pretty happy with my addition!

mhatchett, I'm super-jealous of those Gorman books. That's a nice looking set and now that I've seen a picture, I'm tempted to pick-up my hunting for one of my one. Congrats on the Blackburn books. I wound up passing due to monetary constraints and I was not completely sold on the cover art. I feel like I might be missing out on some good reads though as they both sound right up my alley.

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    CD's sweet new generic slipcases fit these quite well! Snug.

CD generic slipcases.jpg
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication c marvel's Avatar
    400 Days of Oppression, S/L, by Wrath James White from Bloodbound Books. Also, today I received Darkness Whispers, signed tpk, by Richard Chizmar and Brian James Freeman.

Cap
    Books are weapons in the war of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by bugen View Post

CD generic slipcases.jpg
    I really need to pick some of them up for the lettered editions. Anybody know how they fit the Scott Smith books?

Senior Member Receiving Daily Medication TacomaDiver's Avatar
    I have three of those coming (ordered waaaay back in July . . . . of 2016 . . .) and I don't remember which books I got them for. Guess I'll figure that out when they arrive.

CD generic slipcases.jpg

Senior Member Hearing Voices bugen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I really need to pick some of them up for the lettered editions. Anybody know how they fit the Scott Smith books?
    Both lettered Scott Smith books fit. They're just a tad tight top and bottom, but still slide fairly easily. They also don't quite fill out the width of the slipcase but are close--The Ruins has a bit more room on the sides. Here's a quick pick:

Scott Smith LTRD with slipcases.jpg
    “Reality is a nice place to visit, but you wouldn’t want to live there.”
    -John Barth

https://bugensbooks.com/

Both lettered Scott Smith books fit. They're just a tad tight top and bottom, but still slide fairly easily. They also don't quite fill out the width of the slipcase but are close--The Ruins has a bit more room on the sides. Here's a quick pick:

Scott Smith LTRD with slipcases.jpg
    Thanks for the pics! Now I have to pick some up. The lettered editions look great in those slipcase.

I know there was practical, financial reasons for the decision, but is anyone else bummed that CD isn't offering lettered editions that much anymore?

Fritz Leiber in the house! Swords and Deviltry came in yesterday. Beautiful book, art is great and size-wise it's perfect. Read the introduction, fantastic. Another out of the park book from Centipede. And the price point is dead on, in my opinion. I also added two cool paperbacks to my vintage paperback collection.
    IMG_0772.jpgIMG_0773.jpgIMG_0774.jpgIMG_0775.jpg
    Last edited by mhatchett; 08-06-2017 at 03:43 PM.

Swords and Deviltry looks great! Congratulations on the addition. Now I'm rethinking my decision to pass on it...

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    I wish I enjoyed sword & sorcery so I could join in on the Leiber fun. Ah well.

I did, however, get this Centipede release...it arrived this weekend.

A bit of a mini Holy Grail here...I've been after this one for some time, and finally snagged one at a pretty good deal.

POE: THE MAN WHO WAS USED UP, Centipede Press HC. The seller did a nice job of explaining what the book is about, so along w/ his photos I'll just reprint his verbage:

One of 200 copies printed. This book is out of print.

At over 8 inches wide and 11 inches tall, this is a massive, 500+ page book dedicated to the life of Edgar Allan Poe. Several critical essays, about a hundred pages worth of artwork, a dozen photographs of Edgar Allan Poe, an essay on films, his influence on horror fiction, and more abound.

Throughout the book you will find letters from Edgar Allan Poe to friends and relatives, each letter with a transcription next to it. There is a handsome gallery of movie poster art, plus individual galleries for Virgil Finlay, Greg Hildebrandt, Fritz Eichenberg, Aaron Baggio, Bernie Wrightson, and more.

The book is a large sewn hardcover, nearly two inches thick, with 530 pages, with an image of Poe printed on the front cover cloth, an image by Virgil Finlay on the back, and black cloth on the spine. The book is rounded, with head and tail bands, and a ribbon marker, with silver metallic endsheets.

Letters and photographs of Edgar Allan Poe.
    Artwork by a dozen different artists.
    Long essay on Poe by S.T. Joshi.
    Ribbon marker, head and tail bands, printed front and rear panels, three-piece cloth construction.

Over the last month or so, also picked up several others items...too lazy to take pics, so will swipe shots off the 'Net...

So excited to finally have my hands on these things...can't wait to get started on 'em.

Received the new LITTLE BOOK, this time featuring Joe Hill and entitled A LITTLE SILVER BOOK OF SHARP SHINY SLIVERS. Looks like some very interesting non-fiction, most (all?) of which I don't believe I've read, so this will be a real treat, as opposed to some LITTLE BOOKs that tend (understandably) to be very familiar "best of" reprint collections.

Received the first volume (and have mentally committed to the entire six (?) volume series) of Seabury Quinn's The Complete Tales of Jules De Grandin, a massive project that reprints all of Quinn's pulp tales (mostly/all(?) from Weird Tales) featuring his occult detective. Should be a fun series to read and collect.

Signed/numbered...Jeff Strand's work is always a lot of fun:

Got the signed/numbered HC of this one @ Sub Press' recent half-off sale...love the Keller character, so this standalone limited novella is one I'm very excited to finally own:

This is the third of the three Haffner collections of Leigh Brackett's short fiction, and is the only one I didn't yet have...now I've got the set.

This one's inscribed by the author to me...I really like Malfi's work.

I really need to start reading more or buying less, because right now the equation is really ill-balanced and my TBR is getting unruly again...
    Last edited by RonClinton; 08-07-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post

congrats! nice add!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar

A bit of a mini Holy Grail here...I've been after this one for some time, and finally snagged one at a pretty good deal.

POE: THE MAN WHO WAS USED UP, Centipede Press HC. The seller did a nice job of explaining what the book is about, so along w/ his photos I'll just reprint his verbage:

One of 200 copies printed. This book is out of print.

At over 8 inches wide and 11 inches tall, this is a massive, 500+ page book dedicated to the life of Edgar Allan Poe. Several critical essays, about a hundred pages worth of artwork, a dozen photographs of Edgar Allan Poe, an essay on films, his influence on horror fiction, and more abound.

Throughout the book you will find letters from Edgar Allan Poe to friends and relatives, each letter with a transcription next to it. There is a handsome gallery of movie poster art, plus individual galleries for Virgil Finlay, Greg Hildebrandt, Fritz Eichenberg, Aaron Baggio, Bernie Wrightson, and more.

The book is a large sewn hardcover, nearly two inches thick, with 530 pages, with an image of Poe printed on the front cover cloth, an image by Virgil Finlay on the back, and black cloth on the spine. The book is rounded, with head and tail bands, and a ribbon marker, with silver metallic endsheets.

Letters and photographs of Edgar Allan Poe.
    Artwork by a dozen different artists.
    Long essay on Poe by S.T. Joshi.
    Ribbon marker, head and tail bands, printed front and rear panels, three-piece cloth construction.

Over the last month or so, also picked up several others items...too lazy to take pics, so will swipe shots off the 'Net...

So excited to finally have my hands on these things...can't wait to get started on 'em.

Received the new LITTLE BOOK, this time featuring Joe Hill and entitled A LITTLE SILVER BOOK OF SHARP SHINY SLIVERS. Looks like some very interesting non-fiction, most (all?) of which I don't believe I've read, so this will be a real treat, as opposed to some LITTLE BOOKs that tend (understandably) to be very familiar "best of" reprint collections.

Received the first volume (and have mentally committed to the entire six (?) volume series) of Seabury Quinn's The Complete Tales of Jules De Grandin, a massive project that reprints all of Quinn's pulp tales (mostly/all(?) from Weird Tales) featuring his occult detective. Should be a fun series to read and collect.

Signed/numbered...Jeff Strand's work is always a lot of fun:

Got the signed/numbered HC of this one @ Sub Press' recent half-off sale...love the Keller character, so this standalone limited novella is one I'm very excited to finally own:

This is the third of the three Haffner collections of Leigh Brackett's short fiction, and is the only one I didn't yet have...now I've got the set.

This one's inscribed by the author to me...I really like Malfi's work.

I really need to start reading more or buying less, because right now the equation is really ill-balanced and my TBR is getting unruly again...
    Great additions! especially live the Poe book from Centipede and the Joe Hill Little book (unfortunately I had my order cancelled due to the poor handling of the release from the publisher.)

Martin, sorry to hear your Hill book got cancelled...that must've been a disappointment, to say the least. I heard about the ordering fiasco surrounding this release...very unfortunate. I've had Camelot fill my LITTLE BOOK orders since the very beginning (so matching number for all volumes, all sets of LITTLE BOOKS), so hoped I would be safe...and as it turned out, I was (whew!).

Nice adds Ron!!

Martin, sorry to hear your Hill book got cancelled...that must've been a disappointment, to say the least. I heard about the ordering fiasco surrounding this release...very unfortunate. I've had Camelot fill my LITTLE BOOK orders since the very beginning (so matching number for all volumes, all sets of LITTLE BOOKS), so hoped I would be safe...and as it turned out, I was (whew!).
    Matching numbers for both series! Very nice! I missed out on series one but have been working on a matching set for series 2.

Yep, both series, all matching numbers. I don't usually worry about matching numbers, but glad I did in this case...makes it kinda neat.

And thanks for the various 'congrats', guys.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    More fun unboxing videos:

The August Nocturnal Reader's Box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdPSFBz1P0&t=58s

Goblin ARC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2qOGzV68Q&t=1s

I also received an edition of Dinner With the Cannibal Sisters. It's a lettered that's missing the signature page--but it is stunning! Can't wait to read it!

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    More fun unboxing videos:

The August Nocturnal Reader's Box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stdPSFBz1P0&t=58s

Goblin ARC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI2qOGzV68Q&t=1s

I also received an edition of Dinner With the Cannibal Sisters. It's a lettered that's missing the signature page--but it is stunning! Can't wait to read it!
    Saw these last night. I'm, Jealous as my Nocturnal box did not contain a the Salems' Lot bonus item and you got two! I also only got one signed book as well. Nice contents in the box though.