Page 87 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,740 of 2723

Thread: srboone's collection

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Awesome Addition! I love the end-papers and the McCain remarque. Great stuff.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Yep Squire it was me who pm'd you and I nknew last week when you started talking about your extra special package what it was.For conformation I went to the site and the book was gone and I knew where it went..Very nice book congats on a great find.Glad I could help push you over the edge.I actually thought about buying it and tormenting you with it. But the book was way out of my budget.Well enjoy.

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    It was well out of mine too, which is why I waited 3 days to get it. Once I knew you had seen it, though, I felt like one of those customers of Needful Things who rushed to get the Velvet Elvis picture before the other one had a chance. But don't worry, BMB did not make me promise to play a prank on anyone as part of payment. At least I don't think so....
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Senior Member Ok, I really can't come up with anymore of these stupid things... srboone's Avatar
    So here's my Ronald Kelly collection as it stands today. Not even one book shelf!

DSCF2535 (640x480).jpg

DSCF2537 (640x480).jpg
    CD Mag #24 ("Exit 85" story by RK); NOCTULPA #1 ("Flesh Welder" by RK); Mine by Robert McCammon (inscribed to RK).

Of course, Uncle Stevie's got his own bookcase...
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Great collection sir.

Senior Member Hearing Voices
    The edge of a valley in the middle of a desert.
    Great collection and I like the bookends.

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement peteOcha's Avatar
    Congrats on the extra special ATB!!!!! I knew you would get it eventually!

I like your Kelly collection, they look really nice all together like that Squire.

Thanks, Pete. I'll get my King bookcase up eventually.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly frik51's Avatar
    Squire, my buddy, I'm in awe of these latest additions: amazing stuff!

sk

Thanks, Siep! That means a lot comng from a collector like you.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Every now and again as I scour ebay, I come across items that have either 0 bids or ridiculously low bids; then I try to snipe them for low prices. I also have come across some sellers that tend to get ignored for one reason or another. All of their stuff has 0 bids on them even though they've been up for a long time (they all have astronomical feedback scores--take that for what it's worth, I guess).

CD's recent The Mailman turned me on to Bentley Little so I put his name into the search I came up with this: The Revelation by Bentley Little; his first novel and his MFA thesis.

DSCF2539 (480x640).jpgDSCF2543 (640x480).jpg

It had been sitting there for a while and no one had bid on it, so at 19.95, I figured it was a good way to get into BL. I ended up being the only one to bid on it. I found a lot more that I didn't bid for that I wanted to, but I did manage to win an $85 Earthling Publications book for $30 that I should get later this week. I've haven't been totally screwed on anything I've bought on ebay yet, tho. I know that is eventually coming. Hopefully not on the EP.

I need to stop looking at ebay for awhile--I'm finding too much stuff to bid on.
    Last edited by srboone; 06-06-2012 at 11:10 PM.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Another package from CD. Stephen King: The Non-Ficition by Rocky Wood and Justin Brooks. I debated long and hard about getting this one. I've read some of King's non-fiction over the years and it doesn't really interest me at all. But the final installment of the forthcoming 2012 Gran Bag is "a book about Stephen King's work by two of our most popular Stephen King experts." I figure that this is going to be a revised edition of this book (Rocky Wood revised his Uncollected and UnPublished for Overlook and it has TWO authors, so I figure this is a good bet). So I thought I'd have a peek at this one. If the 2012GB item is not an updated version of this book, I'll have the only version of SK:TNF plus whatever CD comes out with. Win/win--sort of.

DSCF2545.jpgDSCF2547 (480x640).jpg
    "I'm a vegan. "

"I'm a vegan. "

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    It better not be a revised edition. It's the only book in that grab bag I even want.

Administrator Lobotomized Dan Hocker's Avatar
    I don't actually know what the book book about king's work in the grab bag is, but I don't think it's a revised SKNF. Especially considering we only just now sold out of the first SKNF.
    CD Email: danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Senior Member 2nd Rubber Room Confinement Teriw's Avatar
    I think i'd be ok with an Uncollected, unpublished revision but I'd prefer something new. I dont know what. Pretty well everythings been covered. Maybe a second uncollected full of completely new stuff that wasn't in the first(assuming its him) Overlook just did it though...added some more I mean not all new stuff...so I can't see CD doing it. Can't wait to find out though. It's the only one that hasnt been announced from the Grab Bag yet.

It was the single book by "Two of our favorite SK experts" thing. Doesn't matter. It sounds plausible.
    "I'm a vegan. "

Whatever it is I can't wait for the announcement!

Oh, and by the way, nice adds Squire! Really like the Non Fiction book! And congrats again on the ebay hunting.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session TerryE's Avatar
    Nice additions, Mr. Boone.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.