No announcement yet.

srboone's collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope he lives long enough to finish it. If i had to guess when he will finish it, I'd say in 10 years maybe.

Comment

I hope I live long enough to read this series!

sk

Comment

I'm hoping around 2030! That'll be just in time for my accounts to mature and I can have oodles and gobs of money so I can buy the most expensive matching set I can find!
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by frik51 View Post

Love those paperback covers, btw.

sk
          Thanks, Siep! I read in your thread that Sweet was you least favorite to the Tolkien Calendar illustrators. I agree that noone could hold a candle to the Hildebrandts, but I like the Sweet one as well. If only I still had them!
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well, heavens 2 betsy and spank me cross-eyed! Lookie what landed on me front porch, laddies and lassies!

DSCF1661.jpg

Me mind is goin' all nicknackpaddywhack right now. Tis gonna take some doin' and sortin' before Is get to the bottom of this surprise!
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

PS Publishing?
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Yes. Not expecting it til next week. i'm gonna be flooded with packages this week.
                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

A duffel bag full of books! That's something else.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Those crazy Brits!
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Wow! Yours got to you sooner than mine! That's strange and has me a bit worried...

Looks awesome though. I figured they'd split it into a few packages, I guess not though!

Comment

Also, on the porch, dwarfed by the PS Publishing sack of goodies, was a package from Nightshade books! These were all books I had seen in thumbed-through copies at B&N, so I never bought them.

DSCF1681.jpgDSCF1683.jpg

This was the book that really made me go to the NS website during their sale.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF1677.jpgDSCF1679.jpg
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF1673.jpgDSCF1675.jpg
                            Last edited by srboone; 04-23-2012, 08:33 PM.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

DSCF1669.jpgDSCF1671.jpg

I also pre-ordered The Book of Cthulhu II from Nightshade.
                              Last edited by srboone; 04-23-2012, 08:36 PM.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Well, I've gotten all the PS books unpacked (it took about 30 minutes--these things were packed in the equivalent of military-grade body armour!) And I've counted them 3 times and I've come up with 27 different titles!! So a extra book was snuck in somewhere along the line. I looked online and they've removed the "26 different titles if you order two sets" due to dwindling stock. It's gonna take me a while to sort through them, but among authors I recognized were T.M. Wright and RIck Hautala. Included inthe 27 were two autobiographies (T.M. Wright's being one of them)!

But I noticed something else.

These are the packing peanuts used in the shipments (two boxes were in the bag).

DSCF1687.jpg

And these are the packing peanuts used by presses that I order from stateside.

DSCF1685.jpg

I must meditate upon the social, political, metaphysical and moral quagmire created by this; but that is for later (as is looking through my PS books); my dogs are calling for their dinner and I need to press on with Master and Commander. Captain Aubrey has just lost his first officer Mr. Dillon (an exiled Irish revolutionary).
                                "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                                X