Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Suntup Press - Fourth Book

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffingoff View Post
    I did too! I'm anxiously awaiting the notice for the Numbered edition as well.

Also, Paul is announcing the next Suntup book this Friday at 9am Pacific on Facebook.
    How did I miss that? I guess I should read my emails more carefully. I hope it's something really expensive or something J can live without.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement jeffingoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    How did I miss that? I guess I should read my emails more carefully. I hope it's something really expensive or something J can live without.
    Well I got bad news for you: he said it’ll be the least expensive book he’s offered so far. Also chains have something to do with this book. Only clue he’s given.

Senior Member Jeez! Don't you have anything better to do with your time? bookworm 1's Avatar
    UP State NY the real upstate north of Albany
    Well I got bad news for you: he said it’ll be the least expensive book he’s offered so far. Also chains have something to do with this book. Only clue he’s given.
    Could it be A special edition of Christmas Carol? I could probably pass on that. Unless he gets old Charles to sign it.

Senior Member Lobotomized Martin's Avatar
    Received shipping notice for my Artist Gift Edition this morning as well. Really looking forward to having the Gift Edition and the Limited on the shelf with the ARC and the Art Portfolio!

Senior Member Starting to Drool Incessantly Brian861's Avatar
    Getting the AGE through Camelot so I might actually receive the numbered first.

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    Could it be A special edition of Christmas Carol? I could probably pass on that. Unless he gets old Charles to sign it.
    It's a Dickens/Malerman mash-up called UNBURY CHRISTMAS CAROL. Basically, Ebenezer has to save Carol, who is in one of her comas, from the Spirits of Vengeance! Luckily, he's aided by the ghosts of Jacob Marley, Christmas Present, and Christmas Past. Christmas Future recused himself because he knows how it's going to turn out and he said "That shitshow is a waste of my goddamned time!" Also, Ebenezer is fucking ripped because he's been taking some HGH he got from Stallone and Tiny Tim makes a cameo during a gunfight, shooting zombies with his Assault Crutch.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session bsaenz24's Avatar
    It's a Dickens/Malerman mash-up called UNBURY CHRISTMAS CAROL. Basically, Ebenezer has to save Carol, who is in one of her comas, from the Spirits of Vengeance! Luckily, he's aided by the ghosts of Jacob Marley, Christmas Present, and Christmas Past. Christmas Future recused himself because he knows how it's going to turn out and he said "That shitshow is a waste of my goddamned time!" Also, Ebenezer is fucking ripped because he's been taking some HGH he got from Stallone and Tiny Tim makes a cameo during a gunfight, shooting zombies with his Assault Crutch.
    And one each page, Tiny Tim gets just a bit tinier...

Funny AF lol! And the ATF if breathing down Tim's neck due the nature of the crutch.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    Well, as posted over at TDT.org and based on the teaser video:

My guess is for the new Suntup book is Rex Miller's SLOB:

1). The chains in the video, 2). The "Miller" on the lock, and 3). King hailed Miller's Chaingang series (see cover pic), so there's a loose connection for the King fans.

It was a relatively impactful and influential series for its time, and has enough horror overtones to make it an appropriate fit for Suntup.

slob.jpg

I have the Centipede Press HC edition that Jerad did some time back...numbered and signed by Ray Garton (intro.), which will make this one an easy pass for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RonClinton View Post
    Well, as posted over at TDT.org and based on the teaser video:

My guess is for the new Suntup book is Rex Miller's SLOB:

1). The chains in the video, 2). The "Miller" on the lock, and 3). King hailed Miller's Chaingang series (see cover pic), so there's a loose connection for the King fans.

It was a relatively impactful and influential series for its time, and has enough horror overtones to make it an appropriate fit for Suntup.

slob.jpg

I have the Centipede Press HC edition that Jerad did some time back...numbered and signed by Ray Garton (intro.), which will make this one an easy pass for me.
    I know nothing about this book or author. Paul's comments regarding his next release and the synopsis for this title on Goodreads has me intrigued.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement
    A reservation I have about my guess, though, is that it's not a classic of the genre in the same way that HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE, the Nobel-winning THE ROAD, and ROSEMARY'S BABY are. As such, it would seem to make it a somewhat unlikely suspect...but yet it does echo the teaser video's hints, so...? Could be coincidence, I suppose.

EDIT: Jeff just posted over at TDT that he guessed SLOB, and Paul @ Suntup said it wasn't it. So I guess it was indeed coincidence.
    Last edited by RonClinton; 08-09-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Senior Member 1st Rubber Room Confinement Ben Staad's Avatar
    Nice teaser video. Hope whoever can purchase this, whatever it is, enjoys it.

Senior Member Involuntarily Committed Marmaduke Grigsby's Avatar
    Well, if you watched Paul on Facebook live this morning you know that the fourth book is:

1. One that somebody on tdt.org suggested that Suntup should do.
    2. A book that Paul had never heard of before.
    3. A very gruesome and horrific story.

Not feeling any good vibration here either about the next release. Could change once it's revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Not feeling any good vibration here either about the next release. Could change once it's revealed.
    Well, I finally had time to watch the Facebook feed and I take back everything I said. Sorry, Paul. I have failed you

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Well, I finally had time to watch the Facebook feed and I take back everything I said. Sorry, Paul. I have failed you
    Sinner. Infidel. Blasphemer.

Senior Member 1st Electroshock Session Sock Monkey's Avatar
    Ok, I’m intrigued. Maybe this is where I board the Suntup train? Another fifteen minutes and we’ll see...

I am hoping to skip this one but if it ends up being Shane Stevens By Reason of Insanity I will have to buy it!

Sinner. Infidel. Blasphemer.
    I know, I know. My 50 lashes are scheduled for later today.
    Last edited by Brian861; 08-10-2019 at 06:54 PM.

I have received my Artist Gift Edition of Horns and will be posting photos in my collectors thread. If you don't want to see it until you receive yours avoid my collection thread.