No announcement yet.

Suntup Editions - All Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this book but not at this price. Looks like this is going to be a beautiful edition. For those who are buying it congratulations in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellantoys View Post
      And... Why is not there a Artist Gift Edition? What might be the reason now?
      Some of the contracts don't allow for them.

Comment

Originally posted by becca69 View Post
        Some of the contracts don't allow for them.
        Paul had stated he was not permitted to release a Gift edition of Hill House. I assumed this was the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
          I have to tap out too. No doubt it's gorgeous and worth every penny. But I have three kids and one income and I just can't keep playing in the above $500 league. I'd be down for an artist edition. This grieves me to surrender my number, but I have no choice.
          That sucks, Jeff but you're doing right by your family. When Paul started the DRE, I had to bow out due to being laid off my job shortly after. That really sucked then and still sucks to this day. But, like yourself, it was the right call at the time. I know you were super excited to be on the non-King track.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
            That sucks, Jeff but you're doing right by your family. When Paul started the DRE, I had to bow out due to being laid off my job shortly after. That really sucked then and still sucks to this day. But, like yourself, it was the right call at the time. I know you were super excited to be on the non-King track.
            Yeah and the book looks fantastic. Had this book been in the $400 range and the next one was $700, then maybe I would have talked myself into it, but it seems the price is going to be around here going forward (maybe?) and I just can't commit to that long term. I'm thrilled to have two editions of Horns coming my way. And congratulations to all who get this one and maintain their number!

Comment

I cannot wait to see how these turn out. Paul is passionate and talented about his publications so I'm sure these will be beautiful.

I am happy and content to see the sexy photos of each of his books as people receive them.
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                I cannot wait to see how these turn out. Paul is passionate and talented about his publications so I'm sure these will be beautiful.

I am happy and content to see the sexy photos of each of his books as people receive them.
                I'll be cheering from the sidelines as well.

Comment

Yeah and the book looks fantastic. Had this book been in the $400 range and the next one was $700, then maybe I would have talked myself into it, but it seems the price is going to be around here going forward (maybe?) and I just can't commit to that long term. I'm thrilled to have two editions of Horns coming my way. And congratulations to all who get this one and maintain their number!
                  Unimaginable how a single book is 700$+. It's tough to cough up such amounts. Might have been easier if he published a few more books and kept the book price lower. Ah well I guess some people do want the extreme limitation or maybe it has something to do with the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by WebInterceptor View Post
                    Unimaginable how a single book is 700$+. It's tough to cough up such amounts. Might have been easier if he published a few more books and kept the book price lower. Ah well I guess some people do want the extreme limitation or maybe it has something to do with the contract.
                    I know that this topic has been discussed at length over on TDT, but Paul's books are definitely a step, maybe two steps, above what the rest of the small publisher world is doing, and the quality is definitely worth the price.

Now saying that, there's no way I can justify spending that much money on a single book - at what seems like a two book per year release schedule. Especially for a book or author I've never read before. (I was tempted for Hill House, but after reading the book for the first time, I'm glad I didn't spend the money. Similar with Rosemary's Baby - I've never read the book, or seen the movie, just know the name.) I've bought so many blind purchases from CD and SubPress and Centipede, that I can't do it, especially when it's $700.

I can't enjoy the Bentley lifestyle on my 1988 S-10 budget . . .

Those of you who can and did - congrats! I'm sure it'll be spectacular! And I'm jealous.

Comment

I'm not going to get into what Paul should do to lower his prices. I'm not even going to say that Paul should lower his prices. He's said before that the book determines the materials and materials dictates the price. He's creating books at a certain level and for those who can afford them, they are treasures. There's a reason that the numbered and lettered of Horns have sold out and the AGE hasn't yet--people want Paul's best. That's his customer base. I'd hate to see him lower the quality in order to lower the price. That would be the complete wrong move.

Anyway, I'll always be a Suntup fan and his books are worth what he charges and I will buy whatever I can afford at every opportunity.

Comment

I'm not going to get into what Paul should do to lower his prices. I'm not even going to say that Paul should lower his prices. He's said before that the book determines the materials and materials dictates the price. He's creating books at a certain level and for those who can afford them, they are treasures. There's a reason that the numbered and lettered of Horns have sold out and the AGE hasn't yet--people want Paul's best. That's his customer base. I'd hate to see him lower the quality in order to lower the price. That would be the complete wrong move.

Anyway, I'll always be a Suntup fan and his books are worth what he charges and I will buy whatever I can afford at every opportunity.
                        Wasn't saying to lower the quality. What i was saying is what I keep seeing sub press doing. 500 books for 80$ each, 1000 books for 40$ and so on. Yes that does decrease the "limited"ness of the book i completely agree. I wasn't even saying to double the book count, if he offered say 50 books more, perhaps the price could be a bit lower... Oh well, it's whoever thinks the book is worth it, they will buy it, since there will always be fans of an author.

Comment

I feel Paul is doing fantastic. Are all of his books for me, no. But I am ok with that.

Comment

Wasn't saying to lower the quality. What i was saying is what I keep seeing sub press doing. 500 books for 80$ each, 1000 books for 40$ and so on. Yes that does decrease the "limited"ness of the book i completely agree. I wasn't even saying to double the book count, if he offered say 50 books more, perhaps the price could be a bit lower... Oh well, it's whoever thinks the book is worth it, they will buy it, since there will always be fans of an author.
                            For what it's worth 50 books wouldn't be enough to change the price all that much. Honestly I think with the type of product he's making 250 or 1000 he'd probably have to price it really similarly. It's just he wouldn't be able to sell 1000 at that price point.
                            CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                            Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I hear you. Trust me, I'd love for more Suntups to be on my shelf. The same way I'd love to have a Mercedes SUV in my driveway. There's a reason I have an Artist Edition of The Stand preordered from Cemetery Dance and not the lettered edition, I'm just not a collector at that level. And either I'm ok with that or I'm broke. Because there are so many incredible books that I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                I feel Paul is doing fantastic. Are all of his books for me, no. But I am ok with that.
                                I disagree with you on one point--all his books are for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X