Writing Contest Final Round!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
    This vote is going to be tight and nerve-wracking! Grrrrr-Thank GOD Dan decided to just do a week!
    yep, a slow train to crazy town
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
      yep, a slow train to crazy town
      Very slow...Very crazy. I am holding myself to at least 500 words on my story before I can take a break and check the polls-it sure motivates me to work fast!
      http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

what's the over/under on total votes? i expected there to be like 100 votes today, but maybe people are taking the time to read through all of these, for the first time, or again

Comment

so last round saw some vote "recruiting"...who wants to be the first for vote buying? lol Do I hear ten dollars for my vote? going once...

Comment

Originally posted by spernst View Post
            so last round saw some vote "recruiting"...who wants to be the first for vote buying? lol Do I hear ten dollars for my vote? going once...
            We have already discussed that none of us are making any money LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
              what's the over/under on total votes? i expected there to be like 100 votes today, but maybe people are taking the time to read through all of these, for the first time, or again
              I hope that at least the people who were involved in the contest will vote, if I hadn't made the final round, I still would've wanted my say on who gets picked Good luck everyone-I think this will be a close contest.

Comment

Originally posted by C.W. LaSart View Post
                I hope that at least the people who were involved in the contest will vote, if I hadn't made the final round, I still would've wanted my say on who gets picked Good luck everyone-I think this will be a close contest.
                I suspect this round (with the new changes) will reveal a more accurate number to the total number of actual voters. I'm glad Dan put it in for this round, because it will really bring out the cream of the crop. I've read all of the stories in the top group, and they are all excellent choices. But, seeing the best of those going through is what is the right thing. To be honest it was tough for me, as there were 4 I wanted to vote on. Whatever the case, this is the true test and good luck to those in the heat. It was a pleasure reading all of you stories.
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Oh, and my guess on total votes would be 65, as that was the lowest count in one group before the final push.

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
                    Oh, and my guess on total votes would be 65, as that was the lowest count in one group before the final push.
                    Just an fyi, there are about 125 members who have been active enough to qualify for voting in the final round.
                    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

that was funny spernst...pm me (kidding)

Comment

So about 100 more votes to go-if everyone votes-I'm going for more tums!

Comment

I've decided there is too much pressure for me to keep checking in on this. I'm going to try and not even look at the results - at all. My palms are so sweaty I'm sure my laptop may explode and take off my face if I drop in here on a daily basis.

Before that happens, in the famous line from Fame, "This is where we start paying back... in sweat!"

All the best everyone.

Craig

Comment

Vote has been cast. Good luck, ladies and gentlemen!
                            "Happy people have no stories" —Therapy?

The Eyesore Times | Shock Totem | Getcha Rocks Off

Comment

I just voted and the stories were excellent the second time through. It was a very tough decision. Congratulations to all of you, crop creamers!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
                                Just an fyi, there are about 125 members who have been active enough to qualify for voting in the final round.
                                Sorry, I wasn't trying to come off as snotty there or anything. I just figured that one group had 65 until the last couple of days, so to me that meant 65ish people had read every story, or at least close to that, who could place a vote very quickly. Of course I didn't add in the people that didn't read any of the 1st round, and might vote this round because it's less to read or discount the people that have left the competition. We'll see, but I hope its a good turn out with 3 great stories rising to the top.

Comment

Working...
                                X