No announcement yet.

Open Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont want to pay anyone either; especially being so new, it would be a waste of money

Along these lines, there is a local group that does an anthology that I didnt get a story accepted into. I learned later that "premium members" (those that pay to "support" the group) get the anthology slots and non paying members get any that may happen to be left over. Proceeds from advertising and sales are split amongst those appearing in the anthology. Sounds like a racket to me.
    It ain't braggin' if you can do it. . .

Comment

That's shit, RJ. Stay way clear of places like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
        That's shit, RJ. Stay way clear of places like that.
        Yeah, what Craig said.

It's terrible that things like that happen, always take the time to do a little research on the place before you submit.

Comment

Writer's Digest is legit. Also-any of the major literary mags will require some token payment to enter a contest, but you always walk away with a year's free subscription to their magazine. I have paid to enter contests before, but I limit the amount. I guess what I am saying is, just because there is a fee doesn't mean it's not legit. Look at Glimmertrain and such. Dark Moon Digest has open submissions, but their contests generally run about 10 bucks to help pay the winners. To each their own.
          http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

To clarify-I don't think you should ever have to pay a reading fee, but paying 10 bucks to get into a small-press contest is quite different
            http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Just that I would let folks know that KHP Publishing has open submissions starting today through the end of the month. Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://khpbooks.com/submissions/
              Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

200+ Stories Received; Submissions Open Until December 15 - Trust & Treachery Antho

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone who has submitted so far to Trust & Treachery. We have received some amazing stories and poems. In fact, at last count, we are just shy of 250 submissions!

For those wondering about the process, Trust & Treachery has two editors and 5 readers. Each submission is read by at least 2 people (a reader and an editor) though usually 3 (reader and both editors). Each submission has a short 1-2 sentence summary written for it; a score from 1-10 (1 being “Help my eyes are bleeding!” to 10 which is, “This is so good I’m going to turn into some creature from Lord of the Rings” – Yessssss, my Precious); a justification for the score and a final Yes, No or Maybe vote. This is done by EACH reader. As a result, we’re running a little behind on our reading schedule, but you spent time and effort on your work and we will do the same.

I know some folks would like more information. So far, we have had 3 full acceptances and are holding about 20 stories for further consideration. The vast majority of submissions have been more mystery-oriented with a rather large number of stories taking a husband-wife revenge theme. Of the three acceptances, one is science-fiction, one is horror and the third is a personal-political story.

We hope to post more often over the next few months to keep you up-to-date. In the interim, please help pass the word and send us your best stories. Can’t wait to read them!

You can submit at the Trust & Treachery site at http://treachery.mlcrawford.com.

And, as always, feel free to send us a note if you have any questions at: [email protected]

Sincerely,
                Day Al-Mohamed
                Editor, Trust & Treachery

Comment

Less than 2 weeks left to enter!

http://kennethwcain.wordpress.com/20...t-at-cafedoom/
                  Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

ooooooooh, looks cool. hmmmmmmmm.
                    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
                      ooooooooh, looks cool. hmmmmmmmm.
                      It is a lot of fun, too. Last year I think i got one vote, but even more helpful was all of the open comments I received on what did or didn't work. Shock Totem was the sponsor last year, and they recently put out the winner's story in issue #4. Great opportunity and great advice, as with many of these sort of competitions. This year I am taking a slightly different approach to my story, so we will see how it fairs.
                      Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Working...
                      X