No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I would share the link to my first professional review. I had my unpublished book, Bullets 'Til Midnight, reviewed by Horrornews.Net. They give bad reviews enough to have had nervous over the last few weeks. Check it out. They even mention the contest at Cemetery Dance.

http://bit.ly/jHnxDa

Comment

awesome
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Awesome review!
        http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

"Judging from this first offering, he should be getting significant buzz in the near future."

Excellent, man! Congrats- I am really happy for you.

Comment

Just had a story go live at Stepaway Magazine. Story is called "Daybreak". Kind words from the editor:

"We begin with a story by Richard Thomas, a critically acclaimed writer whose work has been anthologized alongside Stephen King and Peter Straub. Thomas’s story, “Daybreak” is set in Wicker Park, Chicago in the depths of winter. Thomas skillfully disturbs our perceptions of the walk, transforming it into a devastating act of catharsis, a manner of slipping from the emotional trappings of the urban carapace. "

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
              Just had a story go live at Stepaway Magazine. Story is called "Daybreak". Kind words from the editor:

"We begin with a story by Richard Thomas, a critically acclaimed writer whose work has been anthologized alongside Stephen King and Peter Straub. Thomas’s story, “Daybreak” is set in Wicker Park, Chicago in the depths of winter. Thomas skillfully disturbs our perceptions of the walk, transforming it into a devastating act of catharsis, a manner of slipping from the emotional trappings of the urban carapace. "
              Now that is an amazing review. Sounds like a great story.

Comment

Well done, Richard. Congratulations on this fantastic review.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post

Impressive Richard!
                  http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

Hey, That's wonderful Richard. Congrats.

Comment

Thanks, guys. I don't usually get that kind of adoration. Usually it's a form rejection, or a fairly form acceptance, so I was happy to read this in the introduction to the issue. Also, what's nice is that they approached me to contribute—total strangers. I'm starting to get more of that kind of thing, requests for submissions for websites and journals, to be in anthologies, etc. Which is pretty cool after spending the last four years in relative anonymity screaming into the void.

Comment

Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
                        Great to hear! Although your stuff was good its really cool to say "i got a professional artist to do my covers".

Iv'e set a new goal for myself: post in this thread before the end of the year (of course, other than the posts in which I am congratulating the rest of you on your exceptional work)
                        Thanks again! I appreciate the kind words. After 41 years--35 of them spent as a catcher in baseball (and no, I'm not famous. I'm just sore as hell)--I've learned a lot. While my tired old arms might have the patience to dabble, or pull of something photographic or surrealistic, it's a rare thing for for someone to ask me to draw an elephant eating a rabbit and pull it off. The same goes for most of life. I realize I am not the best writer, but I enjoy telling stories--and I think I pull that off to some degree. But, at some point you have to call them like you see them. And, a professional artist will hopefully take these little tales of mine to the next level. I do have something I'm working on for you all though. I don't have much control over pricing, but I'll try to come up with something for the people here at CD if you want to read my little tale.

Gratz on the awesome review Draven. Well deserved.

Same to you Richard! A great sale indeed.

I have an interview I did with another author/editor coming out tomorrow I believe. The following day will have showcase the next chapter in my online serial novel. I've finally conceived my ending, so read up. I was originally projecting over 60k on this, but depending on how my characters want to change things, it might end closer to novella size. W'll let them decide though eh? Hopefully have something else for you all soon.
                        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Kind of a self-promotion I guess, in a way> if you were in either of these anthologies you might want to stop by...

Fearology & Malicious Deviance artwork up for bid:

Okay people. I hope you will open your wallets to bid for kids. 100% of the proceeds goes to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (my charity of choice). Please see more details in the listing. If all goes well, you will see more listing with partial proceeds coming.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1156

Comment

My story "Descent" just went live at a new edgy lit site called We Are Vestpertine

http://wearevespertine.com/2011/06/2...omas/#more-985

Comment

Gratz, Richard!

Comment

Nice! Who is that spooky looking DJ guy pictured there? :P

Comment

Working...
                                X