Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mhatchett
    replied
    Well done man, well done! And hopefully you'll see plenty of pennies and whatever the heck the Chinese are using now-a-days.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Fulman
    replied
    I have self-published a couple math books under the name "Fred Carlson". They've been out for a few years and still sell surprisingly well, especially given that I wrote and published them as a joke. Regardless, that's not why I'm here in this thread. I recently signed a contract with an actual publisher to have my books translated into Chinese and published in China. On top of that, I was able to negotiate exclusive North American publishing rights for the Chinese translation. Even if I never see a single penny from overseas sales, it still feels good to be approached by someone else who appreciates my work.

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• William J. Grabowski
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
    Thanks so much. I don't hang out here nearly enough, but am a long time fan of CD, a big King collector for years. I was also in Shivers VI and Cemetery Dance #72. So, this is like family here. :-) Appreciate the kind words, means a lot.
    You're welcome! I don't hang out enough here either. I like the genre-imploding aspect of your work, and sustain that in my own (at least from roughly 2004 on). Thanks to writers/editors like yourself, the culture is opening to such fusion.

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    Originally posted by William J. Grabowski View Post
    Hi Richard. Gamut sounds like a dream (fascinating nightmare?) come true. The wealth of talent involved is more than any of us (writers/editors) could possibly hope for. Looking forward! Thanks for making me aware of this.
    Thanks so much. I don't hang out here nearly enough, but am a long time fan of CD, a big King collector for years. I was also in Shivers VI and Cemetery Dance #72. So, this is like family here. :-) Appreciate the kind words, means a lot.

Leave a comment:

• William J. Grabowski
    replied
    Thanks. I hope so, too! That's my goal.
    Hi Richard. Gamut sounds like a dream (fascinating nightmare?) come true. The wealth of talent involved is more than any of us (writers/editors) could possibly hope for. Looking forward! Thanks for making me aware of this.

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Fully understand. My biggest complaint is I often do not see value in them. I see the potential value in yours and hope I find enough value to be renewing for years to come.
    Thanks. I hope so, too! That's my goal.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Thanks, Martin! I don't have $52k in my pocket, so this was the only way I could do it. With four anthologies under my belt now, including a Bram Stoker finalist (and one currently recommended), plus six books published at Dark House Press as Editor-in-Chief (including one collection that was a Bram Stoker and Shirley Jackson finalist) I feel like this is the next step! Plus, I tend to just surround myself with talented people and then get out of the way. LOL. Much appreciation.
    Fully understand. My biggest complaint is I often do not see value in them. I see the potential value in yours and hope I find enough value to be renewing for years to come.
    Last edited by Martin; 02-02-2016, 03:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    Thanks, Martin! I don't have $52k in my pocket, so this was the only way I could do it. With four anthologies under my belt now, including a Bram Stoker finalist (and one currently recommended), plus six books published at Dark House Press as Editor-in-Chief (including one collection that was a Bram Stoker and Shirley Jackson finalist) I feel like this is the next step! Plus, I tend to just surround myself with talented people and then get out of the way. LOL. Much appreciation.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17630[/ATTACH]

GAMUT Kickstarter is LIVE!

This has been months in the works, years, really. Head on over and check it out. And feel free to spread the word. Thanks for your support.

“Now that short fiction has become as standardized as the SATs and Common Core—all in order to ‘judge’ and ‘rank’ writers—I’m excited to see what Richard Thomas brings to the game. Gamut will be the new magazine not written for the little old lady in Dubuque.”
    —Chuck Palahniuk, author of Fight Club

“Gamut will be cool, and it will be out there, right on the edges of fiction. I can’t wait.”
    —Irvine Welsh, author of Trainspotting

“As publishing venues grow ever more polarized—niche market over here, stadium rock over there—the need for passionate, thoughtful, unafraid publishing space is crucial. Enter Gamut.”
    —Marcus Sakey, author of Brilliance

“I beg to differ with Mr. Palahniuk: There’s a fabulous indie bookstore in Dubuque, and little old ladies have been known to write some astonishing speculative fiction. Some of it might even end up in this magazine, which promises to bring together the fresh and the dark and the extraordinary. Look for great, weird things from [Gamut].”
    —Rebecca Makkai, author of The Hundred-Year House

“A killer lineup of creators.”
    —Rose O’Keefe, Publisher, Eraserhead Press

“The heavyweight talent behind Gamut is a promise of great things to come.”
    —K. Allen Wood, Publisher, Shock Totem Publications

“It doesn’t matter if a writer has a big name, a pen name, or no name, if they’re writing excellent and edgy fiction, Richard Thomas has probably read their work. But Richard’s a busy guy—seriously, read his bio—and doesn’t have time to meet for coffee or martinis or bowling anytime someone wants to talk about what they should be reading next. Thankfully, now there is Gamut, which is sure to become an index of some of the best fiction writers working today.”
    —Diane Goettel, Executive Editor, Black Lawrence Press
    Although I am not a big fan of crowd sourced projects I have to admit this one looks good. I will be going with either the $30 or $60 options. Thanks for posting here or I would not have seen it.

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    GamutLIVE.jpg

GAMUT Kickstarter is LIVE!

This has been months in the works, years, really. Head on over and check it out. And feel free to spread the word. Thanks for your support.

“Now that short fiction has become as standardized as the SATs and Common Core—all in order to ‘judge’ and ‘rank’ writers—I’m excited to see what Richard Thomas brings to the game. Gamut will be the new magazine not written for the little old lady in Dubuque.”
    —Chuck Palahniuk, author of Fight Club

“Gamut will be cool, and it will be out there, right on the edges of fiction. I can’t wait.”
    —Irvine Welsh, author of Trainspotting

“As publishing venues grow ever more polarized—niche market over here, stadium rock over there—the need for passionate, thoughtful, unafraid publishing space is crucial. Enter Gamut.”
    —Marcus Sakey, author of Brilliance

“I beg to differ with Mr. Palahniuk: There’s a fabulous indie bookstore in Dubuque, and little old ladies have been known to write some astonishing speculative fiction. Some of it might even end up in this magazine, which promises to bring together the fresh and the dark and the extraordinary. Look for great, weird things from [Gamut].”
    —Rebecca Makkai, author of The Hundred-Year House

“A killer lineup of creators.”
    —Rose O’Keefe, Publisher, Eraserhead Press

“The heavyweight talent behind Gamut is a promise of great things to come.”
    —K. Allen Wood, Publisher, Shock Totem Publications

“It doesn’t matter if a writer has a big name, a pen name, or no name, if they’re writing excellent and edgy fiction, Richard Thomas has probably read their work. But Richard’s a busy guy—seriously, read his bio—and doesn’t have time to meet for coffee or martinis or bowling anytime someone wants to talk about what they should be reading next. Thankfully, now there is Gamut, which is sure to become an index of some of the best fiction writers working today.”
    —Diane Goettel, Executive Editor, Black Lawrence Press

Leave a comment:

• markgunnells
    replied
    Thanks. Tomorrow's the official launch. I'm excited but nervous as hell.

Leave a comment:

• Theli
    replied
    Congratulations Mark!

Leave a comment:

• markgunnells
    replied
    Bless you.

Leave a comment:

• bugen
    replied
    Originally posted by markgunnells View Post
    I'm very excited about my new collection FLOWERS IN A DUMPSTER
    That's a quick purchase for me. Thanks for the heads-up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X