Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ozmosis7
    replied
    You can now preorder A SEASON IN HELL for just 99 cents. Price goes up on the release date, September 7th. http://mybook.to/ASiH

“Kenneth W. Cain takes timely social topics and explores them against the backdrop of America’s pastime. What begins as a baseball story quickly delves into something rich, deep, and dark.” – Mercedes M. Yardley, author of Pretty Little Dead Girls

Synopsis:
    Just one season can change everything.

When Dillon Peterson is honored for his baseball career, he must face a ghost that has long haunted him. He is transported back through his memories to a single season in the nineties that broke his heart. That was the season he met Keisha Green, the first and only woman to play baseball in the minor leagues. He sees what she goes through, what she must endure just to play the game both of them love, and this struggle leads to their friendship. As matters escalate, Dillon finds himself regretting his role in it all, as well as his career in baseball.

A Season in Hell is a gut-wrenching, heartbreaking story. You won’t soon forget Dillon or Keisha. Her struggle is as timely today as ever. A Season in Hell is also a love letter to baseball and how, despite everything, the game can still heal and bring people together who seemed impossibly far apart, and can do so through intimidating odds. A timeless story of true humanity.” —John Palisano, Vice President of the Horror Writers Association and Bram Stoker Award-Winning Author of Night of 1,000 Beasts

“Kenneth W. Cain hits a grand slam with this tragic tale of baseball. As a fan of the game and also such a heart-breaking story I can’t wait to see what’s next from the author!” – Armand Rosamilia, author of A View From My Seat: My Baseball Season With the Jumbo Shrimp

“Cain’s ‘Season’ is a powerful microcosm of what’s wrong with our world. And a reminder of how the courage of one can change things.” — Tom Deady, Bram Stoker Award-Winning Author of Haven
    A Season In Hell Art WITH TEXT.jpg

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    No, I wasn’t interested in participating in that one.
    I figured as much. I submitted something. Just to write something. It was a confusing mess.

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by jeffingoff View Post
    Did you submit a flash fiction piece to the DRP writing contest?
    No, I wasn’t interested in participating in that one.

Leave a comment:

• jeffingoff
    replied
    Originally posted by RonClinton View Post
    Without checking, I’m not quite sure… I think somewhere in the 2500-word range. And, thanks, good luck with yours as well.
    Did you submit a flash fiction piece to the DRP writing contest?

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
    Good luck on your submission, Ron. Now we must endure the waiting period. What type of word count was yours? I kept mine low in case that might help my chances...
    Without checking, I’m not quite sure… I think somewhere in the 2500-word range. And, thanks, good luck with yours as well.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Good luck with your submissions.

Leave a comment:

• JJ123
    replied
    Good luck on your submission, Ron. Now we must endure the waiting period. What type of word count was yours? I kept mine low in case that might help my chances...

Leave a comment:

• RonClinton
    replied
    Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
    Also would be great to know if anyone here has taken advantage of the current CD submission period, as I mentioned in another thread...
    Yes, I did.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    I should have seen this thread. Sorry about that everyone.

Leave a comment:

• JJ123
    replied
    I concur with the last two posts. Also would be great to know if anyone here has taken advantage of the current CD submission period, as I mentioned in another thread...

Leave a comment:

• c marvel
    replied
    Originally posted by bookworm 1 View Post
    I wish more authors were using this thread. I and I'm sure quite a few of the other members of this forum would love to know more about what's coming from them. It's also a great way to be introduced to new writers and their stories .
    That's a very good point. ~Cap

Leave a comment:

• bookworm 1
    replied
    I wish more authors were using this thread. I and I'm sure quite a few of the other members of this forum would love to know more about what's coming from them. It's also a great way to be introduced to new writers and their stories .

Leave a comment:

• JJ123
    replied
    Haven't been here in a while, but I like checking in when I can to see how the writers are doing. Great to see all of your successes. (Also awed by the magazine crowd-funding project.) Someone mentioned being in Cemtery Dance, and that made me think of the brief call for submissions a couple years back (or was it longer?). Just curious -- did all the people who said they got accepted get published by now? Hopefully so, but I was wondering how that worked. And what was the editing process like, were any changes required to your material?

Leave a comment:

• markgunnells
    replied
    Right now, WHERE THE DEAD GO TO DIE is available for only 99 cents digitally.

https://www.amazon.com/Where-Dead-Di...3009385&sr=1-2

Leave a comment:

• markgunnells
    replied
    Two new releases out right now that I'm stoked about. A digital collection right here with Cemetery Dance called CURTAIN CALL, and a novel with Crystal Lake Publishing that I co-wrote with Aaron Dries called WHERE THE DEAD GO TO DIE.

https://www.amazon.com/Curtain-Call-...2705901&sr=1-7

https://www.amazon.com/Where-Dead-Di...2706212&sr=1-2

Leave a comment:

Working...
X