No announcement yet.

Self-Promotion for Authors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creepy with a minimal amount of words. Quite excellent.

Comment

thanks!
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Comment

Another good one, Richard. When's your single author collection coming out?

Comment

thanks, randy! my noir leaning collection will be out on tomorrow. the horror collection is likely falling through with Kraken Press, so my agent and i are going to shop it, so that could be a long time.

Comment

Fellow writer buddies, I come bearing fruit. There is a place I found on Wicked East Press Forum that is called Juniper Grove (something something) .com that is a blog type thing where the young lady wants to do interviews with writers for her "writer's service" and is asking us if we'd be interested. If anyone is interested in getting more exposure in the form of an interview contact her. I'll get the exact info shortly. Also if someone knows how to transfer a picture from my e-mail acct over at G-mail to the forum I'd love to show you all the cover art for my novella coming out next month from Secret Cravings Press. I don't know how to transfer it over here. That site is junipergrove.net/featured-authors/ and also junipergrovebooksolutions.com and the lady's name is Jaidis Shaw
            Last edited by Randy D. Rubin; 09-16-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

HerniatedRoots_72.jpg

My debut collection of short stories, Herniated Roots (Snubnose Press) is now out on the Kindle. There are sixteen stories in this book, several that aren't available anywhere else, a few that are only in print, and it includes two stories that were nominated for a Pushcart Prize. Only $3! Enjoy. And thanks for your continued support.

DESCRIPTION:

A tremor of desperation runs through Herniated Roots, the debut story collection from acclaimed short story writer Richard Thomas. Herniated Roots is filled with desperate characters that could be someone you know in these hard times: sexy pool hustlers, husband and wife teams, spurned lovers. In these stories you'll read about a payoff with counterfeit bills and things that may or may not be happening. Thomas' fiction will grab you hard and leave you wanting more.

PRAISE:

“Richard Thomas’s stories are filled with a kind of dark magic shot through with danger. These are beautiful roses loaded with thorns. Take hold of them at your own risk and reward—be prepared for the most exquisite, ecstatic kind of pain.”
              —Amber Sparks, MAY WE SHED THESE HUMAN BODIES

“Richard Thomas writes from the inglorious depths of human experience. Each sentence, blooming like a bruise, articulates the unspeakable truth of our own disappointment. In Herniated Roots, an aggressive collection of modern fables and cautionary tales, Thomas delivers the kind of prose that leaves you bloody on the inside. This is the kind of book that demands a second reading long before your ribs begin to heal.”
              —Daniel Casebeer, PEAR NOIR

“Richard Thomas writes seductively mordant prose. His powerful short stories are noir fables for the twenty-first century—gracefully controlled yet executed with a lethal precision. Precious few writers can provide a vital anatomy of the inner self. Thomas does so masterfully, presenting the darkest slices of the human soul.”
              —Darren Richard Carlaw, STEPAWAY MAGAZINE

“Richard Thomas can make his readers feel what he wants them to feel. He distills life into the moments that charge us, and he works them into honest and gripping prose, with visuals that invariably leave a mark.”
              —Pela Via, WARMED AND BOUND

“An outstanding short story writer who consistently nails the bull’s-eye.”
              —David Cranmer, BEAT TO A PULP

“Herniated Roots by Richard Thomas demonstrates a masterly use of tension. Real page-turning fiction that never resorts to cliché or stereotype.”
              —Doug Johnstone, HIT AND RUN

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

Unzipped
              Your Enemies Will Devour You
              A Bird in the Hand
              Released
              Herniated Roots
              Seeing Red
              Gateway
              Say Yes to Pleasure
              Terrapin Station
              Daybreak
              Three Mistakes
              Descent
              The Jenny Store
              Tinkering With the Moon
              Kiss Off
              Dyer

Comment

http://http://www.amazon.com/The-Somnambulist-ebook/dp/B009CDX5KS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347931656&sr=8-1&keywords=The+somnambulist+by+c.w.+lasart Well, I did it. I sold out to the erotica set! What can I say, it's lucrative. But it's still horror!
                http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

hot damn. nice.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Looking good C.W. and Richard.
                      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

New Storyville column is now up, all about writing narrative hooks. Hope it helps!

http://litreactor.com/columns/storyv...arrative-hooks

Comment

This is the cover art for my first novella from Secret Cravings Press coming out in October 2012.

MissViola_MED (2).jpg

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

very cool, i dig it. congrats.

Comment

Nice! Gratz!
                                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Working...
                                X