Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    Wow Ricardo, you're having an impressive year. 10 stories, editing gigs, blog wriiting, single author collections, A SECOND NOVEL! Sir, YOU ROCK! Oh and Terry, thanks for the kind words my friend. How are you doing of late? By the way all, I've been reading Norman Partridge's "Halloween Boy" and it's fairly good. He has an interestingly light writing style that's easy to read. I just finished Laurell K. Hamilton's "Strange Candy" and she has a bunch of "I WISH I'D WROTE THAT" sort of stories in that collection. Fresh ideas and a smooth feminine writing voice; a style like every word was written with a feathery quill on the finest linen stationary. It was a refreshing break from the constant Stephen King reading I've been perusing.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    Way to go Randy!!!!

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
    Thanks Richard, old friend, how've you been lately?
    Good, Randy. Busy. Lots of editing gigs opening up for me, a few stories out, a few accepted this year (10?), my agent still shopping my 2nd book, etc. All good, just trying to take that next step up. Thanks for asking.

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    Thanks Richard, old friend, how've you been lately?

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    way to go, guys. keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    Thankee Sai, Ozmo!

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Congrats, Randy!

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    Hello forum buddies. I just got an acceptance into Wicked East Press's "DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE" anthology. My story is called, "DWARF, M.D." When it comes out, I hope you all like it. As long as I'm promotin' here, how come no one has read my first foray into published storytelling, entitled, "THE LEGEND OF MY NANA, MISS VIOLA" from Sweet Cravings Publications. It's at every E-book place B&N, AMAZON, et al. possible for a pittance. Please let me know what you think of my first tale and thanks for all your continued support, Brothers and Sisters. Can I get a amen from back in the cheap seats-ah?!

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Nice one Richard. I have another here that is a very long time coming. This one contains my story "Ahote's Tale" and is available for kindle, but when the other links become available they will end up on my website.
    http://kennethwcain.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/2489/

Leave a comment:

• RichardThomas
    replied
    wfr3front.gif

My story "Flowers for Jessica" is in Weird Fiction Review #3 (Centipede Press). They do great work. Out now.

http://www.centipedepress.com/anthol...wfreview3.html

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    That is the qualification for affiliate membership. But you can always join as a supporting member and work your way up as many do. I believe they just voted to open supporting members to the forums, but I would check to make sure beforehand, if you choose to go that route.

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    I was wondering why I hadn't seen that one. Isn't the criteria for joining HWA where I have to have been paid at least 25.00 for a horror story acceptance before I can qualify for membership? I thought I read that somewhere. Anyway I'm still waiting for my first shiny nickle from one of the five stories I've (sold?) so far.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    No problem. I will say that in joining the HWA, you sometimes get leads to open calls you might not otherwise. This is where the Gunslingers & Ghosts Stories one above came from.

Leave a comment:

• Randy D. Rubin
    replied
    Thanks Ozmo.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Some of the various forums occasionally pop one that I don't find at one of those. But most typically appear on Duotrope sooner or later, even if they are invite only.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X