No announcement yet.

Rejection Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear that MLD. I'm jumping every time my email beeps waiting to hear back about my submission. I've chewed off all my fingernails and have begun on the fingers themselves. I hope they get to me before my hands are gone.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

What up Ken? In or out? Just curious.

MLD

Comment

I can't believe no one's been here since November of last year. So no one has the blues any more? Or has this become a rejection-free zone. I couldn't land a story on a real life-sized aircraft carrier with friggin' paper airplanes. How come nobody loves me? I get these 'your story was absolutely fabulous it just doesn't quite fit what we're looking for.' here at Dark Darkness Darkening's darker than Darkness Darkening's, Scared of the Dark Anthology. Sorry, great idea though. What kind of shit is that?

Comment

Sorry, MLD, I must have missed this. I got my rejection towards the end somewhere. I ended up throwing it in my These Old Tales Volume Two, as it was kind of a specialized story. Right now I have a lot out there, received a few rejections and a couple acceptances, but I'm out of the "blues" for now. I've been writing like a madman this year. The waiting is the hardest part.

@Randy Sounds like that story might sell well elsewhere.

Comment

Okay should I jump up and down if my story made a short list at wicked east press? They are saying that it might take a couple of months to decide about publication; does that seem right to anyone who has published?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy D. Rubin View Post
              Okay should I jump up and down if my story made a short list at wicked east press? They are saying that it might take a couple of months to decide about publication; does that seem right to anyone who has published?
              Wicked East puts out a bunch of anthologies. I bet they are just covering bases and won't take that long, but if I'm right-there is one main editor who does all of the work so maybe. Some places are quicker than others. If they say a couple months, then don't get bummed if you don't hear from them for awhile. Good luck! PS-which antho is it for?
              http://www.cwlasart.com/

Comment

The anthology is titled Chained in the Attic, Cee Dub. I'm so excited about this I could burst! Good morning Ozmo! How's that Schnozmo? I little poem inspired by your recent nose job.

Comment

LOL, thanks. Pain came late last night, for the first real time. My eyes have gone bloodshot and I can't see straight, but I'm forcing myself to work through it. At least I am getting a little writing done, as I have much to do this first quarter.

Comment

Me too, Ozmo. I've told myself that I'm going to publish this year no matter what so I'm shopping out a lot of my stories and writing constantly on this zombie piece. It's good to be working and have the story juices flowing again.

Comment

I got a nicely worded rejection from The Torn Realities Anthology Editor and I feel both bummed and thankful for the critique. So far, ladies and gentlemen, I still suck. Oh well, back to the grindstone. I have some serious writing to do. This is my year, folks. I can feel it in me weary old bones... someone is gonna love me soon, I just feel it.

Comment

You got a rejection with a critique? That's not sucking. You're on the right track. Was this the one that you made the short list on?
                        "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

You tried! That's not sucking.

And if you got any kind of feedback, well that's just icing on at least a couple cakes.
                          "What shall I say when my lord comes a calling? What shall I say when he knocks on my door? What shall I say when his feet enter softly? Leaving the marks of his grave on my floor."

Comment

No, this was a different anthology. Thanks for the kind words, my friends. It will happen soon, I just have to keep at it and keep at it. I heard Dr Seuss was rejected 37 times before someone said the magic words, 'Hey that rhymes... and that rhymes too... and these two sentences sound the same... what a concept. It's way too slow for me but I'll bet kids would love this rhymey shit. Let's take a chance." And the rest, as they say, is publishing history.

Comment

Many rejections and no sales but I'm cool with that. I'll just keep coming up with better stories and something will happen.
                              I recently lost my job and have been spending a lot of my writing time working on computer certifications.
                              I've got a contract job starting soon so it's not all bleak.

Posting our rejections is a good way to share our frustrations and not feel so alone, but the reason I don't post is it seems negative to me. I want to focus on my achievements. I'd much rather tell you about my successes. I don't think it's bad to post our rejections though. It's important to have a way to reach out and share our ups and downs when what we do is so solitary.

MLD

Comment

You're absolutely right. I spend countless hours in front of this screen A) because I love to write stories that I hope entertain people and B) it is one of the only times I can be alone in a house full of three generations of family and the chaos that goes with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X