Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    That's great news. So glad to hear no one is at 1 vote.

*lifts his head skyward*

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
    thanks, guys. I'll pop into the comp thread Tues, methinks. If I have 3+ votes, I can walk away from this with my head held high.
    I think everyone in the final heat has enough votes to hold their head high now.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    thanks, guys. I'll pop into the comp thread Tues, methinks. If I have 3+ votes, I can walk away from this with my head held high.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by Craig Wallwork View Post
    Anyone know the answer to this - how can I look at the contest thread without seeing the polls? I've decided I can't preoccupy my mind continually, and intrusively, with knowing how many points I have, or have not. I remember that until you "view" the poll, it remains in the "select" mode, i.e. not showing the poll results. Does that option automatically get cancelled once you place a vote?

I'm asking because I'm a curious bugger and wondering what you're all discussing in there

While I'm here askign questions, can someone also tell me how you can extend the amount of time you are logged in. I find I type a reply and go to post it, but it's timed out.

Thanks
    There's a little box you need to check when logging in, remember me or don't log out (forgot what it says exactly), that fixed the problem for me.

And once you vote you'll always have the results up i believe.

Leave a comment:

• Draven Ames
    replied
    Not sure about it logging you out. I believe you have to see the results, once you have voted.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    Anyone know the answer to this - how can I look at the contest thread without seeing the polls? I've decided I can't preoccupy my mind continually, and intrusively, with knowing how many points I have, or have not. I remember that until you "view" the poll, it remains in the "select" mode, i.e. not showing the poll results. Does that option automatically get cancelled once you place a vote?

I'm asking because I'm a curious bugger and wondering what you're all discussing in there

While I'm here askign questions, can someone also tell me how you can extend the amount of time you are logged in. I find I type a reply and go to post it, but it's timed out.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Craig Wallwork
    replied
    Love that term, GDI!

Leave a comment:

• blasko66
    replied
    Originally posted by KT Wagner View Post
    It's so obvious now. Should have figured it out. :-)
    It's alright. When my dad first used that term I had to have it explained to me.

Leave a comment:

• KT Wagner
    replied
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    God Damned Independent, I believe
    It's so obvious now. Should have figured it out. :-)

Leave a comment:

• blasko66
    replied
    What he said.

Leave a comment:

• ozmosis7
    replied
    Originally posted by KT Wagner View Post
    What's a GDI?
    God Damned Independent, I believe

Leave a comment:

• KT Wagner
    replied
    Originally posted by blasko66 View Post
    Glad I never joined anything in college. I was a GDI. And there were a lot of us.
    What's a GDI?

My college didn't have fraternity's.

Leave a comment:

• jmcraven
    replied
    To touch on hazing, most little boys (that's all I can really speak about) have "clubs" that have some type of initiation. Like taking a dip of snuff, or stealing a parent's cigarette for the group to pass around. Hazing is the same type of thing only carried to a sadistic level.
    Last edited by jmcraven; 06-25-2011, 12:59 AM. Reason: should have said 'little boys'

Leave a comment:

• jmcraven
    replied
    Originally posted by blasko66 View Post
    Glad I never joined anything in college. I was a GDI. And there were a lot of us.
    Same here. I was born and raised up in rural east Texas by a single parent. No interest in a frat (to this day, I'd much rather pull a George Thorogood and drink alone).

Well, I did join a pre-law fraternity in undergrad and then an academic fraternity in law school, but that's different. That's just a lot of people who like to drink alone together.

Leave a comment:

• blasko66
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X