Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TerryE
    replied
    I plan on doing it, but have no plans yet. Last year I pantsed it and was very happy with some of the work I did. I now have 1 month to decide if there will be a plot beforehand. I'll friend you guys once I get set up.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    lol, well that will just add to the word count that you accrue! I know I plan to have a trash folder in my Scrivener project file where I will keep a copy of all my typing from forums and Facebook and such. This is to have just in case I find myself struggling and will be removed if I find I don't need it.

Leave a comment:

• Lucian Poll
    replied
    There might be a few passages in my first draft that read "beef this up in the second draft". I can already sense Future Me's incandescent fury at finding them.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    I'm a natural pantser, so doing planning won't be easy. I think I am going to take some advice I found on the NaNoWriMo website when it comes to research though http://blog.nanowrimo.org/post/62067...ent-1057439806

Leave a comment:

• Lucian Poll
    replied
    Reading, researching and outlining, though not as much as I'd like, and not as much as I did for The Floors. I've been having fun creating my main character and supporting cast, though, and I have a cool finale in mind. This year's NaNo could be a story I pants more than plan, which could be interesting. Or a disaster.
    Last edited by Lucian Poll; 09-30-2013, 09:06 PM. Reason: Extraneous wordage

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Wow, no posts here in a while, lol!

I ended up not doing Camp NaNo in July due to other things getting in the way, but oh well. Right now I am patiently for October to begin so I can add this year's novel to my page. In the meantime I still have to do more prep work for my story, including research. I have a crapload of pages bookmarked just for that purpose though.

So what have the rest of the NaNoers been doing to prepare for their stories? Anything? Nothing?

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
    I'm definitely going to give NaNo another go this year. I completely failed last year to make any significant progress because November is a beast of a month at my work. Hope to do better this year. Anyone doing the Camp NaNo in July? I'm thinking about giving it a shot for a longer Novella that has been brewing for a while. Kinda like a warmup for November.
    I'm considering whether to do Camp NaNo in July. If I do it I likely will use that month to start on my story for the actual NaNoWriMo in November because I can easily see this story going longer than 50,000 words. Heck, I won't be surprised if it is something I will decide to split into more than one story so as not to make a massively long story.

Leave a comment:

• Sock Monkey
    replied
    I'm definitely going to give NaNo another go this year. I completely failed last year to make any significant progress because November is a beast of a month at my work. Hope to do better this year. Anyone doing the Camp NaNo in July? I'm thinking about giving it a shot for a longer Novella that has been brewing for a while. Kinda like a warmup for November.

Leave a comment:

• William J. Grabowski
    replied
    I might go for it. I once wrote 9,000 words in one day, but it really wigged me out...we'll see. Great idea, though--will show the validity of an idea.

Leave a comment:

• Lucian Poll
    replied
    Interesting idea. It could be something to start in the Sharing Your Work subforum, perhaps, or on a dedicated thread. I wouldn't know where to begin on the 26 sentence challenge, though.

Well, "A" I guess...

Another site I occasionally haunt has a subforum for writing challenges. The monthly challenges often see a lot of forum activity.

http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum...ng-challenges/

I'll see if my twisted little mind can come up with something in the meantime.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I finally started my Strange Critters story, so I need to concentrate on that at home, but maybe I can do this at work at lunch time.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Hmm, that sounds interesting, possibly leading to a chaotic story, lol.

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I didn't do much looking, but found an interesting one we could all try.

Write a 26 sentence story with each sentence starting with a successive letter of the alphabet.

Leave a comment:

• RJK1981
    replied
    Not sure either, lol, never really done them before that I can think of

Leave a comment:

• TerryE
    replied
    I'm not sure. I was hoping you guys might have some ideas. I'll do some searches over the weekend, and get some ideas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X