Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buy a copy of Herniated Roots for $3, get a signed/limited of Transubstantiate FREE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy a copy of Herniated Roots for $3, get a signed/limited of Transubstantiate FREE!

HerniatedRoots_72.jpg

I thought I'd offer up a little deal to the members of the Cemetery Dance forum. I'm not sure how many people will see this and respond, so for now, I'll say the FIRST TEN to respond will be IN.

Here's the deal:

1. Buy a copy of Herniated Roots. $3 for the Kindle. Don't have a Kindle? You can still read it with a free Kindle reader, OR gift it to somebody. I can always send you a PDF to read.

2. Tweet, Facebook, post a review and stars at Amazon and Goodreads.

3. I'll mail you a copy of the signed/limited edition of the now out of print Transubstantiate. It's hardcover, only 100 were made, it includes a bonus interview and a cd of several stories recorded by myself and this great actress. Originally sold for $40.

4. Must be USA only, sorry. Postage.

Herniated Roots: http://www.amazon.com/Herniated-Root.../dp/B009AHRWXC

Thanks so much. I really appreciate the support.

transubstantiate_final_reg_lg.jpg

KIND WORDS ABOUT BOTH BOOKS:

Herniated Roots

“Richard Thomas's stories are filled with a kind of dark magic shot through with danger. These are beautiful roses loaded with thorns. Take hold of them at your own risk and reward—be prepared for the most exquisite, ecstatic kind of pain.” - Amber Sparks, May We Shed These Human Bodies

“Richard Thomas writes seductively mordant prose. His powerful short stories are noir fables for the twenty-first century—gracefully controlled yet executed with a lethal precision. Precious few writers can provide a vital anatomy of the inner self. Thomas does so masterfully, presenting the darkest slices of the human soul.” - Darren Richard Carlaw, STEPAWAY MAGAZINE

"Richard Thomas can make his readers feel what he wants them to feel. He distills life into the moments that charge us, and he works them into honest and gripping prose, with visuals that invariably leave a mark." - Pela Via, WARMED AND BOUND

“An outstanding short story writer who consistently nails the bull's-eye.” - David Cranmer, BEAT TO A PULP

"Richard Thomas writes from the inglorious depths of human experience. Each sentence, blooming like a bruise, articulates the unspeakable truth of our own disappointment. In Herniated Roots, an aggressive collection of modern fables and cautionary tales, Thomas delivers the kind of prose that leaves you bloody on the inside. This is the kind of book that demands a second reading long before your ribs begin to heal." -Daniel Casebeer, PEAR NOIR

Transubstantiate

"Transubstantiate is, is -- it's a visual: that 2001 baby opening its eyes in the monolith, but the monolith is shrouded in this story of loss and hope and identity, and encoded in the cadence of that story, if you listen close, is the genetic map with which to draw this impossible celestial infant, opening its eyes on the page, looking right into you."
    --Stephen Graham Jones
    All The Beautiful Sinners, Bleed Into Me: A Book of Stories, Ledfeather, The Ones That Got Away

"Transubstantiate is an intricately-woven dystopian thriller, with every thread pulled tight. This is a solid debut from Richard Thomas."
    --Craig Clevenger
    The Contortionist's Handbook, Dermaphoria

"Richard Thomas's Transubstantiate constructs a collection of voices that reveals a disturbing futuristic vision of terror and beauty. The novel's island paradise, its imprisoned inhabitants, and the digital presence that works to control them, merge with ancient forces of rite and belief to create a surreal and devastating collage. This is a work that captures a world we almost know, its realities enough to raise an uneasy sense of potentiality."
    --Karen Brown
    Pins and Needles, The Best American Short Stories 2008 (contributor)

"Told through various shadowy narrators, Transubstantiate is a trippy, intriguing novel that forecasts dystopia for our near-future. Thomas successfully blends several genres here--noir, literary fiction, sci-fi--all with abrasive, haunting language."
    --Joey Goebel
    Torture the Artist, The Anomalies, Commonwealth
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOG | TRANSUBSTANTIATE | THE NERVOUS BREAKDOWN

Got it. Will post a review shortly on amazon. Don't have twitter or facebook.

Comment

Fantastic. PM me your address and I'll drop a copy of my book, Transubstantiate, in the mail to you. THANKS!

Comment

Nice deal. I wish I bought ebooks!

Comment

You could always send it as a gift! Xmas is coming :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RichardThomas View Post
            You could always send it as a gift! Xmas is coming :-)
            Good point. Now if I can just steal my credit card back from my gf...

EDIT: Done! :-)
            Last edited by Xiabei; 10-04-2012, 01:46 AM.

Comment

nicely done.

Comment

picked up Herniated Roots this morning. I know what I will be reading tonight. The couple of short stories of yours Richard that I have read recently I really enjoyed. Can't wait to hunker down with these ones.

Comment

thanks, menace!

Comment

Pretty good book. have just a couple of stories left. Will post a review tomorrow.

Comment

cool. thanks. hope the last few blow you away.

Comment

PROMOTION OVER.

All of the books have been mailed, thank you so much for your support. Please don't forget to Tweet and Facebook about Herniated Roots, and when you're done reading it, please post up your reviews and stars at Amazon and Goodreads. Obviously, do whatever you can. If you don't have a Twitter or Goodreads, just say some nice words wherever you have accounts. They don't have to be long reviews, just speak from the heart, and hopefully you enjoyed the collection. I know not every story is a home run, but I hope there is at least one in there that blows you away.

Thanks!

Comment

"Her darkness is my weakness, but I have no desire to find the light."

Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiabei View Post
                            "Her darkness is my weakness, but I have no desire to find the light."

Awesome.
                            Ha, I was like, "Oh, that's pretty good, I like that. Wonder who wrote that." Took me a minute to realize it was me. I'm an idiot. Thanks for the kind words, means a lot, Xiabei!

Comment

ROTFL. I have someone whose darkness is my weakness, so I was really drawn to it. Wish I had written it. :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X