Forum story comment thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum story comment thread

It's been brought to my attention that a comment thread ought to run concurrently with the story thread. So psot your comments, good and bad, and suggestions here. Remember, this piece is currently UNTITLED.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Stifling

These crazy rules are stifling my creativity!!! ARRRGH! Not really.
    MDH

Comment

What rules? C'mon join the fun. If not, then you can start the next one with your own rules, or lack thereof. Come to think of it, we should start another as soon as this one is done, and see if we can always have something going.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Good thread Idea squire. I used the random thoughts the other day and once interrupted cuz I couldn't help myself. I was also sending ppl rep with comments when i really liked something.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
          What rules? C'mon join the fun. If not, then you can start the next one with your own rules, or lack thereof. Come to think of it, we should start another as soon as this one is done, and see if we can always have something going.
          That's the idea, Terry!
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

So who gets final edit of this, Squire. Or will we try to do it by committee? I have a couple ideas already, that shouldn't change everything too much. The "air conditioner" idea is long out the window. So instead of a salesman, the "salesman" should be perceived as a delivery person. Maybe our narrator was expecting a large air conditioner, but a salesman wouldn't be taking boxes large enough for a human body from door to door.
            "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

It'll be by committee, but we'll divy up sections to rewrite, I think. I'm open to suggestions. I'm pretty new at this.
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I like the idea of divying up the sections to re-write. One minor suggestion I have (that can be thrown out the window if need be) is to allow Committee Member 1 to re-write Section 1. Then send that off to the person responsible for Section 2, etc. After that process concludes, perhaps the entire committee can take a final look at the revised tale and offer any additional suggestions to polish the peice. Once again, just some thoughts to help organize things. Please feel free to use or not use and/or adjust my suggestions accordingly. I'm flexible and willing to do this in a way that works best for all involved.
                "Do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Comment

We'll see how it goes. I've got a few ideas myself. And yeah, we can totally change salesman do deliveryman.

Comment

I am fine with this too.I will be away from Sunday till saturday with no internet or other way of helping.I can not wait to see what this looks like by next weekend.

Comment

I like HorrorScribe's idea. It will keep some consistency to the style. However, I think we should hammer out plot points before any rewrite begins so we know what to foreshadow or forget from the very beginning.

Comment

I was thinking along the same lines as HS, too; and we DEFINTELY need to hammer out thematic and plots as well. I'm looking into getting a section set up where we can do this on the forum.
                        "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Why not just do it here? Or do you want to pull the story and this discussion into a whole new section?

Comment

No, this new section would be used for the people who contributed and/or are doing the rewriting. Then the final product can be displayed somewhere for all to see.
                            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Discussions on plot points and what should be left out can continue here. The new section would be for the rewriting.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Working...
                              X