• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lauren Dixon
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Probably about 30 left to go!

Brian
    Long-time reader, hardcore lurker, but I'm fanning myself over here! So exciting to even think about the stories in that cut--about to pass out when I think mine is even lingering in there.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristopher Kelly View Post
    Any new news, Brian? Any behind-the-scenes details you might be able to share?

Just curious, nervous, and drawing up next month's budget for press-on nails and Doritos-flavored polish.

Really looking forward to issue #70!

Thanks in advance.
    Probably about 30 left to go!

Brian

Leave a comment:

• Kristopher Kelly
    replied
    Any new news, Brian? Any behind-the-scenes details you might be able to share?

Just curious, nervous, and drawing up next month's budget for press-on nails and Doritos-flavored polish.

Really looking forward to issue #70!

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Wehunt
    replied
    Originally posted by Kristopher Kelly View Post
    Ha ha, Michael - what were you saying about those fingernails?
    Oh, those are all gone. I'm using press-on nails now, which taste awful.

Leave a comment:

• Kristopher Kelly
    replied
    Ha ha, Michael - what were you saying about those fingernails?

Leave a comment:

• Michael Wehunt
    replied
    SUSPENSE.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Kristopher Kelly
    replied
    That's really exciting news, Brian. Thank you. It's a mind-melting honor to be among the fifty.

Leave a comment:

• Brian James Freeman
    replied
    Originally posted by truantoranje View Post
    Good afternoon! Any chance for an update on the statuses of remaining stories in queue? Thanks in advance!
    50 left to be rejected or bought.

Brian

Leave a comment:

• truantoranje
    replied
    I need to look over the list again and see how many total stories there are. This has taken much longer than we planned because we underestimated how many authors would have stories ready to submit. I hate long turnaround times on submissions, so I'm very sorry about the wait. I've been submitting stories for publication for nearly 20 years now (wow, that makes me feel old) and the worst part has always been the wait. We'll figure out a way to get everyone answers much quicker the next time around!

Brian
    Good afternoon! Any chance for an update on the statuses of remaining stories in queue? Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Kristopher Kelly
    replied
    Apologies for some of the content in those last posts. Late night with the whiskey.

Bottom line is: I'm looking forward to my copy of The Dark Man! 19 pounds of orders! I don't envy anyone the task of shipping all those copies!

Leave a comment:

• Kristopher Kelly
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Wehunt View Post
    Yeah, who knows. I'm only reading tea leaves over here. I usually guesstimate 8-10% of submissions make it to some sort of a "final round." With 800+ stories that comes to about 65-80. And we all know that guessing is fun!
    65-80 ... might be about right.

Guessing is fun. At least, I think so.

Cemetery Dance plays hard to get. I dig it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Wehunt
    replied
    Yeah, who knows. I'm only reading tea leaves over here. I usually guesstimate 8-10% of submissions make it to some sort of a "final round." With 800+ stories that comes to about 65-80. And we all know that guessing is fun!

Leave a comment:

• Kristopher Kelly
    replied
    Haha -- if you believe reports on Duotrope and Submission Grinder, there are likely at least around thirty. I tend to imagine only about 10% of submitters use those tools, so my guess is more like 100-300, probably. Might be a while yet! In the meantime ... whiskey! And more writing!

Leave a comment:

• truantoranje
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael Wehunt View Post
    My guess is...5 stories left. Pretty good odds!
    That would make me very happy.

Leave a comment:

• Michael Wehunt
    replied
    I need to look over the list again and see how many total stories there are.
    My guess is...5 stories left. Pretty good odds!

(I'm probably off by 60 or so. )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X