X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian861 View Post
    Finished up The Outsider recently and enjoyed it for the most part. Now picking up where I left off on the Body Snatchers. Really enjoying it about halfway through.
    I thought The Outsider was pretty good but not great.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Finished up The Outsider recently and enjoyed it for the most part. Now picking up where I left off on the Body Snatchers. Really enjoying it about halfway through.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Currently listening to The Girl Next Door from Jack Ketchum. Not quite half way through but am absolutely loving it. Ketchum never disappoints!

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I have high hopes that someone will do something like that in the future!!

Leave a comment:

• Dan Hocker
    replied
    Originally posted by mhatchett View Post
    I just finished listening to Roger Zelazny narrate A Night In The Lonesome October. I was glad I got to hear him perform his book, but I was somewhat disappointed. It was a bare bones affair with no music or dramatization of the material or voices. It's such an exciting book and it came across very flat.
    Yea that happens a lot when authors narrate their own work. I've said it before, but the best ones are the Star Wars books, they're basically audio plays with the music and sound effects from the movies, and usually really good voice talent. In general though the best ones outside of that tend to be the titles narrated by professional voice actors. They're just better at it.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    I just finished listening to Roger Zelazny narrate A Night In The Lonesome October. I was glad I got to hear him perform his book, but I was somewhat disappointed. It was a bare bones affair with no music or dramatization of the material or voices. It's such an exciting book and it came across very flat.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    I felt that way about Sleeping Beauties.
    So did I.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I enjoyed The Outsider but felt it could have been shorter.
    I felt that way about Sleeping Beauties.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    The Outsider. Early in but enjoying it so far.
    I enjoyed The Outsider but felt it could have been shorter.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    The Outsider. Early in but enjoying it so far.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Currently listening to The Collector by John Fowles. Fantastic story so far!

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I picked up the hard cover. I'm looking forward to it.
    It is a great read. At points laugh out loud funny and at point very heartbreaking. I really enjoyed the audio in part because Eric Idle reads it but just a great read no matter the format.

Leave a comment:

• bsaenz24
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Finished the audio book of Eric Idle Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography. If you are a fan of Monty Python this is a must read.
    I picked up the hard cover. I'm looking forward to it.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Finished the audio book of Eric Idle Always Look on the Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography. If you are a fan of Monty Python this is a must read.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Listening to The Best of Richard Matheson.
    That sounds like a good one, just added it to my Audible wish list.

Just starting a re-read of Ghost Story via Audible. Been many since I read this and I have seen the movie several times in since. Starting the book I am quickly reminded about how much depth the movie is lacking!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X