No announcement yet.

The Stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably, I never actually found out. But those were my college days. It's more an "artefact" word for me today, but has a permanent spot at #3. I read a sci-fi book a loooong time ago called The Women of Caliphos (or something to that effect) and that's where I got the word from. The chair of the English Department in college taught me "penultimate." "Defenestrate" came from a naval officer at one of my commands.
    "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
      After paying $125 for the 25th I better like it. Lol.
      Please let us know what you think!! IT is my favorite King book. This is the edition that introduced me to CD. I'm not a rabid collector like these guys on here, although my tastes are quickly becoming more refined, but I HAD to have this book. It scared the crap out of me as a kid and because of it's length I haven't read it in a long time but since getting this I can't wait to read it again!

P.S. There are too many big words on this thread right now.....I can't think... See:mood

Comment

IT is what brought me here as well. I started collecting SK and I didnt care what copy I had of something so long as I could read it. After getting here and discovering I had some first editions I have started to really collect better copies (slowly) and now its more of an obsession than anything. Still trying to get through the Talisman but IT may be my next venture. Disliking the movie is not helping me get to it quickly though either. Also have the Screamplays arc coming so I have to read that...even the stuff thats not SK. and I'm a huge Ellen fan and I have to read her book too. ughh its hard I can name about 5 other SK books that I want to be NEXT and they all can't be. However, I will be dropping WHATEVER I am reading and switching to TWTTK as soon as it arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Teriw View Post
          IT is what brought me here as well. I started collecting SK and I didnt care what copy I had of something so long as I could read it. After getting here and discovering I had some first editions I have started to really collect better copies (slowly) and now its more of an obsession than anything. Still trying to get through the Talisman but IT may be my next venture. Disliking the movie is not helping me get to it quickly though either. Also have the Screamplays arc coming so I have to read that...even the stuff thats not SK. and I'm a huge Ellen fan and I have to read her book too. ughh its hard I can name about 5 other SK books that I want to be NEXT and they all can't be. However, I will be dropping WHATEVER I am reading and switching to TWTTK as soon as it arrives.
          Well said! I'm with you, the next Dark Tower book trumps anything I might be reading, even the rereading of IT. Hell, I've read it already, a new King book takes priority!!

Comment

Working...
          X