• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bag of Bones...

From the Steven King website:

Bag of Bones Coming to A&E
    Posted: July 25th, 2011 11:33:06 am EDT

Sony Pictures Television and A&E will be airing a four hour mini-series based on Bag of Bones later this year. Filming of the series is set to begin early next month in Nova Scotia and will feature Pierce Brosnan in the lead role with Annabeth Gish supporting. Mick Garris will direct the production from a screenplay written by Matt Venne.

More information will be available here in the near future.
    Heard about this some time ago, but then things got quiet for a bit. Good to see they're still at it.

Bah!!! I haven't finished reading it yet LOL. I'm in the middle. Guess I'll have to bang it out.
    Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Awesome, saw that it was being made into a movie a while ago with a different lead (I think it was Bruce Willis, but not 100% sure since that was at least a couple years ago). Definitely want to see this
      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
      Spoiler!

Comment

I'm not a mini-series fan at all.
        At least, not as far as King's work is concerned.
        I haven't seen one yet I like.
        Bag of Bones is one of King's best books ever, and deserves a Royal Treatment, which won't happen when Mick Garris is involved. And Pierce Brosnan as Mike Noonan??

Nuff said.

sk

Comment

I have to agree, somewhat at least, as I don't think Garris is the best choice for this. I think Frank Darabont would make a much better movie or miniseries. I am pretty sure when I first saw Bag of Bones mentioned on King's site it was supposed to be a movie
          WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
          Spoiler!

Comment

I want Frank Darabont to do a Cell mini-series, Walking Dead style!

Comment

This is good news. It's one of my favorite stories and I've been waiting a while for an adaptation. I don't even mind the mini-series format. Production value may not be up to par, but there's something wholly unique to a mini-series. They tend to have their own simplistic charms. I for one can't wait.
              "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

I'm really concerned with the casting. Pierce Brosnan may be okay as Mike Noonan, but I'm not sure about Australian actress Melissa George as Mattie. I envision Mattie with an innocent sensuality that may be hard to pull off. I also am VERY concerned about whomever they cast as Kyra. That kid has to be spot on to be believable.

John

Comment

Here's an update on this one, set to air in December!

http://tv.broadwayworld.com/article/...-1111-20111024

Comment

Here is the book tie-in cover:

http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=2655
                    Brian James Freeman

Lividian Publications: http://www.Lividian.com
                    My Writing: http://www.BrianJamesFreeman.com

Comment

I really can't wait until this comes out in December, but looking at the cast list, it seems as though most of the actors are just a little too old to portray their respective characters.
                      "Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn!"

Comment

I really am very fond of the book and don't really have any inclination to see this adaptation.
                        Maybe if the reviews are very positive..

sk

Comment

I saw a preview / commercial for this a little bit ago. It looks pretty good.
                          CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
                          Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

So, what did everyone think? Even if I hadn't read the book first, I think I might not have liked this very much. It was too rushed, and really required at the very least a few more episodes to establish characters. If you take out all the name dropping got the book, and strip it to the bones you get a very good story (not that there is anything wrong with the name dropping or the writing process stuff, but it interested me more than my wife). I just don't think that story could be told convincingly in 4 hours. Having read the book, this was a very poor translation to film.
                            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I agree. Had all the action and suspense at the heart of the book, but none of the soul. BoB is a very romantic book, and this adaptation just threw that aspect away. I think that if I had not read the book (albeit 12 years ago) I could have enjoyed the series for a suspense/mystery/thriller.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Working...
                              X