Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
    Roland...Bond?
    I think Bardem is set to play the villain in the Bond movie. I always saw Clint Eastwood as Roland, but he's much too old now and doesn't really have a successor in Hollywood.
    "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

I read on IMDb today that Universal has officially passed on making these movies. It seems they were willing to greenlight only the first movie, but Howard & Grazer needed to film at least the first movie and first TV series together. Hopefully H&G will be able to get another studio to put up the money for this project. Maybe Warner Brothers can convert some of the Harry Potter profits into this project.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Ahh Hollywood.... They waste millions on putting out crap that is a total failure. But when they have a proven, epic story, with already a large fan base they shrug it off and worry about their cash. Pffff!

Comment

My brother just sent me this link...

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/07/1...d/?hpt=hp_bn11
          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by ozmosis7 View Post
            My brother just sent me this link...

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/07/1...d/?hpt=hp_bn11
            Yeah, read that earlier. Shame, shame, shame.

Comment

I'd rather not have a movie than a crappy one. The idea of 3 movies and a two season TV show seems ridiculous. I think it should sit for a while; these Hollywood idiots don't have it right yet...

It would probably be a PG-13 fiasco anyway...
              "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

While I agree, anything they put out likely won't live up to our expectations. I just hope they stay true to the original script (the books), instead of cutting huge chunks and making things hokey ( as in the doors ending up like they were in "Being John Malcovich). I'd almost like to see a Peter Jackson type thing, like he did with LOTR, or even a Harry Potter 7 1/2 film series.
                Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

They'd have to change the ending--it wouldn't fly in Hollywood. Maybe they should well enough alone...
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I would love films of the Dark Tower series but i can't see it happening ... and that poster was made by a fan quite a while back if i remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                      I read on IMDb today that Universal has officially passed on making these movies.
                      Great news! I was dreading what they were going to do to this series.
                      Don't have to worry any longer...

(Then again, I had the same reaction with Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings trilogy, and there the dreading stopped right after I had seen the first few minutes of part 1. Jackson did an amazing job!)

sk

Comment

I think it'd be awesome if Jackson did the Dark Tower, one of the only ones I think I'd really trust with it after seeing The Lord of the Rings
                        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                        Spoiler!

Comment

I hope someone buys the rights from Imagine Entertainment. They aren't trustworthy enough.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                            I think it'd be awesome if Jackson did the Dark Tower, one of the only ones I think I'd really trust with it after seeing The Lord of the Rings
                            You could be right. But, PJ was a huge LotR fan before he made the trilogy. I have no idea if he's a DT fan or not.
                            Maybe Frank darabont should tackle this project?

sk

Comment

That is true, and I'm sure Frank Darabont would do a good job as well, as he done well in the past with King movies
                              WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                              Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                              X