Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Hocker View Post
    Which hero's do you guys think they'll use for it? I'm thinking the following:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    The Flash
    Martian Man Hunter
    The Green Lantern (Jon Stewart version)

I'm not sure if they'll go with a six or not. If they do I guess it could be Aqua Man. There's a handful of other more prominent Justice League members they could use as well. I don't think we'll see a Green Arrow, as that'll look a little too much like copying The Avengers.
    Could also have Hawkman or Hawkgirl. Darkseid would be a bad ass villain for the movie.

Comment

I've also heard Darkseid for the villain. That would make the most sense for a menace powerful enough to bring all of them together. If Avengers 2 does use Thanos, there may be more similarities than anybody would be happy with.

I think the league would just be the core members of Superman, Batman, Flash, GL (Hal Jordan - whether it's Ryan Reynolds or not), and Wonder Woman. I've always liked Aquaman, but there really isn't much for him to do in a group dynamic. I also think Martian Manhunter belongs, especially since he's been a core member in just about every iteration of the JLA over the past 50 years, but most of the general public have no idea who he is, so I doubt he'll make the cut.
      "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
        I've also heard Darkseid for the villain. That would make the most sense for a menace powerful enough to bring all of them together. If Avengers 2 does use Thanos, there may be more similarities than anybody would be happy with.

I think the league would just be the core members of Superman, Batman, Flash, GL (Hal Jordan - whether it's Ryan Reynolds or not), and Wonder Woman. I've always liked Aquaman, but there really isn't much for him to do in a group dynamic. I also think Martian Manhunter belongs, especially since he's been a core member in just about every iteration of the JLA over the past 50 years, but most of the general public have no idea who he is, so I doubt he'll make the cut.
        Martian Manhunter was actually slated to be in the movie before the script got dropped years ago. I Kinda expect him to be in, if for no other reason than the JLA has been used as his origin story in many of the re-tellings. I'm also thinking it will be more than just the four as I think they'll probably go for a similar number of hero's as The Avenger's movie used. Which is why I'm speculating past the obvious.

I'm thinking the Jon Stewart GL because not only did the Ryan Reynolds GL not do well in the box office, but I think the typical Hollywood thinking will be looking for a African American in a leading role in the movie. So without going into the lesser known JLA members that would leave the Jon Stewart GL or Cyborg, even though Cyborg could be considered one of the lesser known ones.
        CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
        Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Just keep the colored underoos
          Of the superheroes they use;
          The new Supes look uncomfortably nude
          In his trunkless blue suit!
          It really is true:
          So believe in the power of the Roo,
          If Supes had had his for luck
          His new movie wouldn't suck!

Last edited by srboone; 06-21-2013, 11:03 AM.
          "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

I believe I had the Flash underoos. I bet they'd be worth a fortune now. So just the one foe" That is a good one. I'd love to see Aquaman in this film. I saw this picture the other day, just fan created, but still pretty cool.

http://zviray.deviantart.com/art/Fan...aman-327409716
            Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

Need those Captainb Marvel/Shazam! underoos. Anyone watch Comic Book Men? There's a hilarious episode where Ming gets dressed in the WW underoos.

As for a team I think it will be the same crew as the cartoon from the 90's/00's. Hawkgirl, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Green Lantern (not sure which one they will, I of course am hoping for Guy Gardner, but that's bloody unlikely).
              Last edited by Theli; 06-21-2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Well, if we're voting for green lanterns I'm choosing G'nort! If they're going to have Rocket Raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy then a furry GL couldn't be too far out of the question right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sock Monkey View Post
                  Well, if we're voting for green lanterns I'm choosing G'nort! If they're going to have Rocket Raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy then a furry GL couldn't be too far out of the question right?
                  You are so right about that. 2nd vote for G'nort.
                  "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

World War Z: A retired UN investigator is called back into service when a worldwide outbreak of what is believed to be rabies occurs. This movie bears little resemblance to the 2007 novel and that's a good thing. The movie focuses on the UN investigator as he goes off searching for a cure to the outbreak, rather than aftermath interviews with survivors of the was, giving the viewer an emotional center to the work. But the title and the main character are as far as the connection goes. It lurches wildly from family drama to zombie story like one of the undead, but it tells a good, intelligent story. The scenes of confusion and uncomfortable stretches of silence before the outbreak of whirlwind action showcase director Marc Forster at his best, but there are some memorable action sequences here also. The fall of Jerusalem is a wow (though it's been repeated in the trailer for more than a year now.) One aspect that will probably disappoint zombie afficiandos is that there are no close ups of feasting, oozing zombies in the movie--the zombies move in packs and are shown from a distance to give scope to the events. The movie is a pretty bloodless affair.

3.5/5

I've never been a fan of Brad Pitt as an actor, though I do like a lot of his movies. I did some research and discovered than Pitt has never been in a movie that grossed more than $200M domestically. Of the ones that broke $100M, he had had other big names with him. His highest grossing was Mr. and Mrs. Smith at $183M, but Angelina Jolie was his costar. With a budget of $200M, WWZ is a big risk for his Plan B production company. I'll be interested in how the movie does.
                    Last edited by srboone; 06-21-2013, 06:06 PM.
                    "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by TerryE View Post
                      You are so right about that. 2nd vote for G'nort.
                      Woo hoo! G'nort fans unite!

Comment

I quite enjoyed The Man of Steel, but then again you could throw a load of trippy colours on screen for three hours and I'd probably enjoy that too. I'd give it a 3/5 for the simple fact that he attempted to make Superman edgy.

Just checked out that film Borderland. Satan-worshiping Mexican drug lords v.s. Clueless party animals. 2/5 for disembowelment.

Comment

^ I saw that one I while back, it was okay. Kinda crazy that it is based on true events.

Comment

Finally broke down and saw Man of Steel. I see where the validity of the complaints have come from. To sum it up, I think the movie was lacking heart. It wasn't that they didn't try with all the flashbacks, but it just didn't seem to work. The movie didn't give me a reason to care about Lois or Perry, or anyone for that matter. Of course, this is a Zach Snyder film so I should have expected character development to take a (far) backseat to the action. I think one of the big problems that the film was settled with was that it was an origin story and for God's sake does anyone really need to see Superman's origin again?

On the plus side, Michael Shannon was great as Zod and at least Supes had someone to fight against instead of Lex Luthor's real estate plans.

And hey, it was better than Superman Returns. I give it a C+

Comment

I agree, Michael Shannon WAS a great Zod; and the flashbacks were outstanding.
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Originally posted by Theli View Post
                                ^ I saw that one I while back, it was okay. Kinda crazy that it is based on true events.
                                Yeah it was based on Adolfo Constanzo's "Narcosatanico" cult. Pretty crazy story in itself, even without the movie's dramatization.

Comment

Working...
                                X