Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srboone View Post
    I heard Brosnan mutter "Boo-yah Moon. What's Boo-yah Moon?" at one point. Is that in the book?
    I definitely don't remember reading that in the book, but it's been a couple years since I read it. Sounds like they mixed that little bit in from Lisey's Story
    WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
    Spoiler!

Comment

That's what I thought, but it's been longer for me.
      "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

'Elf', everyone should watch this film at Christmas!!! 5/5

Comment

If it has Bob Newhart in it, you can't go wrong!

Best rendition of "Baby It's Cold Outside," also. Even if Will Ferrel is singing it...
          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

My favourite bit is ... "Santa, SANTA, OMG i know him." lol

Comment

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol: This is one terrific movie and I'm going to say the best of the series. MI has always been a mixed bag: MI had a plot rife with holes of logic and incredulity, but had one great set piece and the visual flair of Brian De Palma; MI2 had a story that couldn't match the operatic stylings of director John Woo but had a villian to match Cruise's Hunt; MI3 had the weakest story and director, but a great villian played by a great actor; MI:GP has a good story with a weak villian, but is stylishly staged and paced by director Brad Bird and has TWO great set pieces: the Burj Khalifa in Dubai (the world's tallest building) and a car garage with elevating platforms that looks like something out of the next great sci-fi film. I saw tis film in I-MAX (something I rarely do) and I can't imagine seeing it on a regular screen. It was breathtaking from the get go.

Stylish popcorn entertainment.

4/5
              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol: This is one terrific movie and I'm going to say the best of the series. MI has always been a mixed bag: MI had a plot rife with holes of logic and incredulity, but had one great set piece and the visual flair of Brian De Palma; MI2 had a story that couldn't match the operatic stylings of director John Woo but had a villian to match Cruise's Hunt; MI3 had the weakest story and director, but a great villian played by a great actor; MI:GP has a good story with a weak villian, but is stylishly staged and paced by director Brad Bird and has TWO great set pieces: the Burj Khalifa in Dubai (the world's tallest building) and a car garage with elevating platforms that looks like something out of the next great sci-fi film. I saw tis film in I-MAX (something I rarely do) and I can't imagine seeing it on a regular screen. It was breathtaking from the get go.

Stylish popcorn entertainment.

4/5
                Going to see it with the wife tomorrow morning ... can't wait.

Comment

The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo: Let me say from the outset, that I have not read any of the novels; nor have I seen any of the Swedish films. So this is all based on a viewing of the American remake. The opening credits to this film are mesmerizing: a melding of liquid latex, goth images and S&M; I was ready for a brutally exhilerating experience. Unfortunately, they turned out to be the best part of the movie. David Fincher does exceptional work here. This film is him at his lurid, melodramtic best; but the story of renegade former Nazis, bizarre sexuality, and corporate greed doesn't reach the heights of moral resonance that Fincher's work demands. The reveal is not really surprising and the movie loses momentum with 25 minutes left, ending with a too-long epilogue. Craig is solid (a little too James Bond-like for the role, tho) and Mara is more than adequate (tho how much is acting and how much is merely cosmetic styling, I can't say--I remained cold toward her character throughout.) Overall, a brutally slick Hollywood whodunnit that is completely watchable for most of its 160 min. runtime; but in the end, is quite forgettable.

It didn't make me want to read the books; I'm not sure if I want to see the Swedish films (tho I know from expereince that foreign originals are usually much better than American remakes.) And I won't go out of my way to watch this again.

3/5
                  Last edited by srboone; 12-21-2011, 07:54 AM.
                  "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'm not sure if I want to see the Swedish films (tho I know from expereince that foreign originals are usually much better than American remakes.) And I won't go out of my way to watch this again.
                    Definitely have to agree on that one. The main one I can think of that actually did a very good job with it's remake is Let Me In. Was expecting that one to not be nearly as good as it was.

Have not read the novels or seen the originals (or remake even) of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo myself, but the trailers haven't piqued my interest enough to make me want to go out of my way to see it
                    Spoiler!

Comment

Let Me In was a very good Ameriacn remake, though Let the Right One In was still better; but the Japanese originals later remade as The Grudge, Dark Water, The Eye, and The Ring were far superior to their American counterparts.
                      "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Frozen 8.5/11

Found this movie to be excellent and very enjoyable. Definitely not for the squeamish though. My big issue with this one was at the end, where they showed the vehicle the 3 had come in to the ski resort. The place was closed and shut down completely, but there was a vehicle in the parking lot. Wouldn't the employees notice something so obvious?
                        Spoiler!

Comment

Wondered about that movie; thanks for the input.
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

No problem, would have liked it more if it wasn't for the main issue I had with it when they showed that scene. Like I said though, definitely not for the squeamish in a couple of scenes. I didn't expect the scenes so it's a good thing I watched it while my wife was away since I knew it wouldn't be something she'd like even without any graphic scenes, lol
                            Spoiler!

Comment

Just an FYI, I stumbled upon the foreign (2008) version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on Netflix today. So for those looking to watch it for comparison, there you go.
                              Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

"A Christmas Story" - 5/5. Annual viewing, but with the little guy this year. I wasn't expecting him to like it much, since I love it for the sentimental value and the nostalgia. What does a 5 year old know from nostalgia??? But he sat through the whole thing and asked to watch it again later. My boy!

Everyone have a very merry Christmas. I probably won't be around much over the weekend, so enjoy, and I hope you all get everything you wish for from Santa. (Yes I know I ended that sentence with a prepositional clause, but this isn't grammar class!)
                                "Dance until your feet hurt. Sing until your lungs hurt. Act until you're William Hurt." - Phil Dunphy ("Modern Family"), from Phil's-osophy.

Comment

Working...
                                X