No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAXXXINE hit Max yesterday, so that was last night's film. (Mild spoilers to follow.)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKx-v02CW_wrFaeZe0X0A0EzUM6UFlOTOZPg&s.jpg
    I've found the trilogy to be OK so far....X was fun, but overrated, PEARL was great...this one was a slam dunk until the end, with a revelation that was always in the back of my mind, but seemed to be too ridiculous to really consider. And that was the way they chose to go...? Ugh. Not bad enough to ruin the film, but ludicrous enough to taint all that has gone before. Fun performances all around, some really gnarly gore, and I loved the 80s aesthetic Not too shabby, but someone should have vetoed that end reveal..
    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Just got back from seeing TERRIFIER 3. I am amazed that a film like this can be seen in a theater in this day and age.....it took me back to my early teen years in The Bronx, when it seemed like there was an unrated gorefest playing in our local dive theater almost every few weeks. RE-ANIMATOR, EVIL DEAD 2: DEAD BY DAWN, DAY OF THE DEAD, etc. This was a real throwback. Mercifully, it was shorter than the last one, but at the expense of the story flow. By the finale, you could tell that a lot of connective tissue had been snipped out to shorten the run time. I can't say that I enjoyed this film....it's more of an endurance test than anything else. The gore is almost unlimited, and mean as hell, but that stuff doesn't really bother me. I would probably refrain from telling Horror-haters that I saw this film, as this is the type of movie that would make people assume you were crazy for paying to see, lol.
      Terrifier-poster.jpeg?w=724.jpg

Comment

A couple of goodies over the past few days:

First up was the ROSEMARY'S BABY prequel, APARTMENT 7A, on Paramount+
        images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYK1N-3xeKiU6ZOMRm1m2zGwtRUQhEo7rOBw&s.jpg
        Much better than I expected it to be! Granted, nowhere near as good as the Polanski film, but it held my interest, which most prequels do NOT, and had some good performances, especially Dianne Wiest channeling Ruth Gordon. I had a good time.

Next up was a 35-year-later rewatch of THE WICKER MAN, which I have put off forever because I feel like I remember it too well to watch again. Turns out I remember the plot and the ending, and nothing else, so it was like a new film, basically. The joys of getting older! I forgot that it was, for all intents and purposes, a MUSICAL, with some very ear-wormy tunes! Christopher Lee looks like he had a blast making this film....he positively radiates joy. Lee in drag towards the end is a sight to behold. And who knew that there was a SEQUEL??? Although it doesn't appear to be streaming anywhere, I'm excited to finally learn that THE WICKER TREE is out there. Someday.....
        images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSinhnSkm7FJqJ0ceZFgI3MMK4pS0z2LSw2ng&s.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X