No announcement yet.

Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wander starring Aaron Eckhart with co-stars Tommy Lee Jones and Heather Graham. This movie likely would have been better if I was on LSD. A paranoid schizophrenic tries to track down a conspiracy going on in a small town called Wander. The movie was confusing and succeeded in making the viewer wonder what is real and not real. However this was not my cup of tea at all. There were many loose ends, open ended ideas without enough explanation, and an ending that wasn't satisfactory to me.

2 out of 5 stars.
    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

We watched LAST NIGHT IN SOHO (Last night, of course...), and while it was a tad slow in the first half, the characters were engaging, and the mystery had us hooked. Some beautiful photography and camerawork, great performances (Amazing to see Diana Rigg and Terrence Stamp!), and the end was outstanding.
      Not a movie, but I picked up a 99 cent a month deal on Discovery+, and I watched JACK OSBOURNE'S NIGHT OF TERROR: BIGFOOT. I'm a sucker for all things Bigfoot. Of course jack didn't find Bigfoot, but I like Jack, and seeing him in the woods for 90 minutes with Jason Mewes delivered some good laughs.
      http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Went to see The Black Phone Friday night.

Really enjoyed it. Probably my favorite movie that I’ve seen in the theater this year.

I thought they did a really good job in expanding the short story, with the added characters and everything coming together at the end.

I thought both of the teenage leads (the brother and sister) were very good, and Ethan Hawke was genuinely creepy as the Grabber.

At a run time of 1:40 minutes, the story moved along briskly and never dragged.

B

Comment

We watched the BOB'S BURGERS movie last night. Decent film with a few laughs. My sons loved it, my wife and I just tolerated it. I've never really been into the TV show, so I wasn't surprised.

Comment

Cool. I don't think I've heard anything bad about this one.

Originally posted by brlesh View Post
            Went to see The Black Phone Friday night.

Really enjoyed it. Probably my favorite movie that I’ve seen in the theater this year.

I thought they did a really good job in expanding the short story, with the added characters and everything coming together at the end.

I thought both of the teenage leads (the brother and sister) were very good, and Ethan Hawke was genuinely creepy as the Grabber.

At a run time of 1:40 minutes, the story moved along briskly and never dragged.

B

Comment

I tried watching that show once or twice and never made it through an entire episode. However I'm not that big into cartoons. I never really cared much for South Park and I'm fairly certain the last cartoon I watched with any regularity was Beavis and Butthead back when I was in high-school.

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post
              We watched the BOB'S BURGERS movie last night. Decent film with a few laughs. My sons loved it, my wife and I just tolerated it. I've never really been into the TV show, so I wasn't surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
                I tried watching that show once or twice and never made it through an entire episode. However I'm not that big into cartoons. I never really cared much for South Park and I'm fairly certain the last cartoon I watched with any regularity was Beavis and Butthead back when I was in high-school.

There's a new BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD move on Paramount +! I grabbed the channel on a 99 cent a month Prime Day sale just so I could watch it. Now I just need some time alone, so my wife isn't sitting there saying "How could you watch garbage like this...?", lol.

Comment

Ha. Best of luck on the quest. I had no idea they were still around. Be interested if I would still get a chuckle from this or not.

Originally posted by dannyboy121070 View Post

There's a new BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD move on Paramount +! I grabbed the channel on a 99 cent a month Prime Day sale just so I could watch it. Now I just need some time alone, so my wife isn't sitting there saying "How could you watch garbage like this...?", lol.

Comment

Bob's Burgers is something I too am not really into. I only watch the Halloween episodes of that series. Speaking of which, I've read we are getting two Halloween episodes this year of The Simpsons, both supposed to be branded Treehouse of Horror, with one of them being a single story. That single story is a parody of It, which should be cool. I never was into Beavis/Butthead that much either, although I very much enjoyed the Genesis video game based on the cartoon. (For that matter, I also liked the Treehouse of Horror Game Boy Color title.)

Has anyone seen Nope yet? Didn't seem to do well at the box office (at least, I thought it would do much higher, maybe even close to $100 million the first weekend...wow, was I off). Seems like it would be an entertaining film.

Comment

Not much of a fan of Peele. I may check it out when it's on a streaming service that I already pay for.

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
                      Has anyone seen Nope yet? Didn't seem to do well at the box office (at least, I thought it would do much higher, maybe even close to $100 million the first weekend...wow, was I off). Seems like it would be an entertaining film.

Comment

Originally posted by JJ123 View Post
                        Bob's Burgers is something I too am not really into. I only watch the Halloween episodes of that series. Speaking of which, I've read we are getting two Halloween episodes this year of The Simpsons, both supposed to be branded Treehouse of Horror, with one of them being a single story. That single story is a parody of It, which should be cool. I never was into Beavis/Butthead that much either, although I very much enjoyed the Genesis video game based on the cartoon. (For that matter, I also liked the Treehouse of Horror Game Boy Color title.)

Went to see it last night and I was honestly bored. Wife thought it was ok.

I saw that Jaws is going to be released IMAX Labor Day weekend. One of my favorite movies of all time so I'll be checking that out for sure.

Comment

We saw NOPE over the weekend. I enjoyed it, although it seemed much longer than it needed to be. My wife, who is scared by EVERYTHING, didn't bat an eye during the film, so don't expect big scares. It looked great on the IMAX screen, and Daniel Kaluuya is one of those actors that you just can't take your eyes off of. He's loaded with charisma, and he made the movie.

Comment

I'm a little mixed on Peele's films. I think that GET OUT was a solid movie, but I thought US was a mess. I don't get the hype. I think there are a lot more interesting horror directors out there right now including Mike Flanagan and David Bruckner. I plan on seeing NOPE when it's on Blu-ray, but I'm not incredibly excited.

Comment

I watched Nope last night. My wife loved Get Out and had me watch it. I found that movie rather predictable but my real gripe with it was the pacing. it felt like a 30-minute show in a 2-hour movie. I skipped Us based on my thoughts on his first movie. As I am currently doing the AMC membership and the previews looked interesting, so I went to see Nope. I thought Nope was an original take on the alien movie. I thought the actors were good. Although the movie had some predictable elements they did not get in the way of the story. There were some visual effects done in the later stages of the movie that made no sense to the story as it was being told but hey, I am watching an alien movie so I can set that aside. The issue came from the pacing again. It also feels like a 30-show in a 2-hour movie. I liked Nope better than Get Out but I think Peele's story telling is not my thing.

Side Note: Where The Crawdads Sing is a fantastic movie!

Comment

I've liked all his films but do see struggles in them. He hasn't exactly nailed the masterpiece yet but I think it's him. Also, funny that a lot of people think it ran too long when Peele said the original cut was actually three hours and forty-five minutes. That's a big edit!

Comment

Working...
                                X