Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frik51 View Post
    The Hobbit, Avatar 2 and 3, My Mother's Curse (or whatever the title is at the moment), Mission Impossible IV - some of my choices.

sk
    I haven't actually seen any previews for the Hobbit, but if it's anything like the LOTR movies it'll be good. I'm not sure I could care less about Avatar 2 and 3. I think the first one was good because of the ground breaking technology used to make it, take all that away and it was just Dancing with Wolves in space (in my mind at least). I don't think I've seen anything about My Mother's Curse, and Mission Imposible IV looks good, although when I saw the preview for it I distinctly remember saying "Really? Another one?"
    CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
    Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

I was a fan of the MI television series, liked what de Palma, John Woo and J.J. Abrams have done with the material.
      Part IV is a definite must-see for me.

sk

Comment

Avatar proved to be 6 hours of my life I'll never get back--I rather watch DwW. (6 because I saw it in 3D and spent most of the film with a headache; so I gave it a second try in 2D and it wasn't any better), so I'll pass on 2 & 3; I'm down with The Hobbit and Ghost Protocol; but the movie I'm really looking foward to is...

Breaking Dawn, pt. 1...

because I'll be able to got to a midnight premiere of whatever else is openning 18 Nov and have a private showing! (I had a private showing for The Blind Side when New Moon opened!)
        "I'm a vegan. "

---Kirby Bliss Blanton , The Green Inferno (2013)

Comment

Might be talking about 2 different movies here? 1 is the Avatar movie, and the other the Avatar TV series which is titled the Last Airbender. Am I right about this? Or are we really talking about planned sequels to Avatar?
          Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

I thought we're talking about "Cameron's Folly'...
            "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I was under the impression we where talking about the Cameron movie as well. Not the massacre of a good cartoon series that is The Last Airbender....
              CD Email: [email protected]

Non-Work related social media and what not:
              Instagram

Buy my stuff! - https://www.etsy.com/shop/HockersWoodWorks

Comment

Never did see Avatar, not all that interested in it either as it is basically Pocahontas with better graphics from what I have heard and read from multiple sources
                WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                  Never did see Avatar, not all that interested in it either
                  It is worth checking out I think. The story has been done before (which one hasn't), but not in this way.

sk

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                    Never did see Avatar, not all that interested in it either as it is basically Pocahontas with better graphics from what I have heard and read from multiple sources
                    For what it's worth I couldn't make it through this movie. My family and friends have shunned me because of this however I thought it was a snooze fest.
                    Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Priest - 6.5/11

Just couldn't get into this one, maybe I wasn't in the mood for it. Too many scenes of bikes going across the desert that all started looking alike
                      WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
                      Spoiler!

Comment

My opinion on the 2 movies...

Avatar - 4/5 for sheer utter brilliant graphics. The plot I feel has been overdone, but they tried to make a slightly different take on it. Overall, though, they created an incredible world.

The Last Airbender - 3/5 I'm not sure M. Knight was the best choice for this one. I could see where he was going with it, and it had huge potential. I just feel he missed at the casting of some key roles. as for the cartoon series 5/5. Loved it, and I am not sure any movie will be able to live up to the expectations I would have going in to it. This is the movie I think Frik was referring to, while the others were talking about the other. I could be wrong, though.
                        Website l Facebook l Author Page l Twitter l Instagram l Amazon

Comment

This movie is amazing:

Untitled.jpg

You given a tour through the St. Petersburg Hermitage Museum. 300 years of Russian history come alive through a cast of 2,000 extras and authentic costumes and artefacts. It doesn't matter that you don't recognize the all historical characters and events--that's one of the reasons you go to a museum. And it's all done in a single take. All 96 minutes. Pioneering attempts at the extended take by Welles, Kubrick and Hitchock look positively amatuerish by comparison. Some critics have pointed out that if it weren't for the techical aspect of the film, there would be little interest in it. True, but the same could be said about Avatar. Anyway, it doesn't matter, because the single take gives it a surreal dream-like quality that is unlike anything I've ever seen.

Breathtaking, stunning, astonishing...amazing.

6/5 stars
                          "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Squire. Sounds like I have to check this one out.

sk

Comment

Please do, Siep. And let me know what you think, because not all of the people who have watched this movie on my recommendation have felt so enthusiastic about it. But some have--I had to replace my DVD because I never got it back!
                              "I'm a vegan. "

Comment

I'll look for the BD version (if there is one).
                                I still have to get over your remark though, re Hitchcok's and Kubrick's amateurish attempts at the extended take.
                                They're my favorite directors by far.
                                Oh well, you're forgiven!

sk

Comment

Working...
                                X