Rate the Last Movie You Saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TacomaDiver View Post

I couldn't agree more. But nostalgia is a huge thing right now. I tried explaining this to my wife but she didn't understand it. Furiosa looks nuts, but I didn't particularly enjoy it It was unnecessary to make. She doesn't need a backstory. Same with the latest Ghostbusters. I was not a fan of that movie and felt it was also unnecessary.

for me, the only recent prequel that worked was Andor, and it had no business working. I loved Rogue One (a prequel oddly enough) but I didn't need a backstory to a character that was already dead, but damn that was a good series.
    Well, you've got me there, because I thought both ROGUE ONE and ANDOR were great, and I never thought of them as prequels. (I am also the only person on Earth who loved SOLO.) I guess I'm so used to the Star Wars comics, which jump all over the timeline, that I just thought of them as side stories. They were all very well done, though. I wonder when season two of ANDOR will be along?
    http://thecrabbyreviewer.blogspot.com/

Comment

On the theme of Furiosa, I grabbed the Mad Max Anthology on 4k the other day, so my wife and I watched Mad Max and The Road Warrior

I had seen Mad Max last probably about 12 years ago so, and not sure of the last time I saw The Road Warrior. I had to warn my wife that Mad Max was not the same kind of movie as Fury Road or Furiosa, and even knowing this, she was really unsure of it. She was quite disturbed by a few scenes. Very odd movie - definitely a product of its time.

The Road Warrior was better than Mad Max, and it felt more like Fury Road, but toned down quite a bit.

I watched a review on YouTube and the reviewer said that The Road Warrior was more like what Mad Max was supposed to be, and Fury Road was more of what The Road Warrior was supposed to be, and that kind of makes sense. Reading about how Mad Max was filmed was quite the journey and surprising it even got made. Man the 70s were quite something weren't they?!

Comment

Working...
      X