Monsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monsters

What did people think of the movie, Monsters?

It wasn't quite what i was expecting, less all guns blazing action but i have to say that i really like the film, really worked well!

Comment

Truth be told I hadn't even heard of this movie before. After looking at the description on IMDB it looks like a pretty cool movie so I guess I will see if Netflix has it.
      Looking for the fonting of youth.

Comment

Netflix has it on instant view, unless that has changed. I thought it was a great movie, definitely a different kind of monster movie than typical ones
        WARNING!!! WARNING!!! DO NOT VIEW THIS SPOILER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
        Spoiler!

Comment

i enjoyed it. Loved the subtlety of the CGI (least for the most part). I'm not keen on CGI monsters or renders of humans. I prefer when it works with the environment seamlessly, like how they created the Colosseum is Gladiator, or the way David Fincher uses it to go where a normal camera can't go. Monsters did a lot of that environment changing, destroying landscapes and making the world look a little broken. In truth, the ending, when we finally saw the aliens, kind of soured the whole vibe. Still, a very atmospheric film that held a realism lost in most sci-fi genres.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
            Netflix has it on instant view, unless that has changed. I thought it was a great movie, definitely a different kind of monster movie than typical ones
            Thanks. BTW it is still available on instant view. I went ahead and ordered the DVD as I cannot stand to watch movies on my computer.

Comment

Ah, I agree with watching movies on my computer. I just happen to have my PS3 connected to my internet so I can stream them from there to my 42" HDTV. Much, much better than watching them on my 20" computer monitor. I can watch TV shows on my computer, would not want to do it for longer than that though
              Last edited by RJK1981; 06-28-2011, 08:07 PM. Reason: missed a word
              Spoiler!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK1981 View Post
                Ah, I agree with watching movies on my computer. I just happen to have my PS3 connected to my internet so I can stream them from there to my 42" HDTV. Much, much better than watching them on my 20" computer monitor. I can watch TV shows on my computer, would not want to do it for longer than that though
                I forgot about that! I did that through my kids 360 but cancelled the service in an effort to cut some costs. If I remember right it wasn't really that expensive ($12 or $13 for xbox live + $14 for netflix) but I found the selection of quality movies lacking.

Comment

The selection has improved, though I still find it lacking, especially with TV shows that have 4+ discs per season, like The 4400, or some shows that have only some seasons on instant view, like Californication which only has season 1 on instant. It doesn't cost any extra though, at least not with the PS3. Some of the movies don't transfer well onto their instant though either, like Cronos seems to play too fast so it was jumpy for me.

I know with 1 disc at a time Netflix is $11/month ($13 with BD) with unlimited streaming, or you can also do just instant streaming for $8 I think, which is cheaper but a much smaller selection. I have thought about looking into Blockbuster's version, though it does cost more I think, but you can bring the discs to your neighborhood blockbuster and you can get 1 game a month or something like that as well. That is all based on what I've heard though, as I haven't looked into them much yet
                  Spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                  X