X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigworld
    replied
    Count me as a DEXTER fan too.

Read the first book - highly recommend it. Second book (different than TV series) wasn't my mug of beer.

Cheap Coach PursesCoach Handbags
    Coach Bagscoach outlet
    Coach Outlet Stores

Leave a comment:

• JJ Holden
    replied
    I'm just about to start watching Season 4. Love Dexter.

Leave a comment:

• mhatchett
    replied
    Graet Show!

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    Originally posted by copefiend2 View Post
    It's excellent! I think this is certainly a series that you need to see from the start. If you are just now "popping in" I'm not sure you would be invested enough into the characters to care.
    Absolutely agree! Given that it is built around the premise of a school teacher cooking meth, I would suggest you need to follow the characters and story from the beginning. Well worth the effort.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Originally posted by peteOcha View Post
    How is Breaking Bad? I've been meaning to check it out...
    It's excellent! I think this is certainly a series that you need to see from the start. If you are just now "popping in" I'm not sure you would be invested enough into the characters to care.

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    How is Breaking Bad? I've been meaning to check it out...

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    Dexter series 5 is next off the shelf after I've finished Breaking Bad S3.

Leave a comment:

• JDar.
    replied
    Count me as a DEXTER fan too.

Read the first book - highly recommend it. Second book (different than TV series) wasn't my mug of beer.

Since I don't have cable, I rented the first season. It followed, but improved upon, the first novel. Having more time, the TV series was able to provide more depth to the characters and added a few twists to the original story. I loved it - but I doubted they could provide that level of quality and storytelling for another season.

Was I ever wrong. Fantastic show. I've bought them all and I swear each time I've watched them, it's as exciting as the first view.

Although still better than most shows, IMO Season 5 was the weakest. A few holes in the storyline were conveniently ignored by the writers - but they still provided some exciting and fresh entertainment.

Keep Smiling, Jan

Leave a comment:

• peteOcha
    replied
    Originally posted by PaulB View Post
    The Sopranos is the other series I am presently bingeing on. Nearly at the end of the final series.
    Great show! Have all the seasons on dvd, the cookbook, the book that goes into detail about how they made the show...

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    The Sopranos is the other series I am presently bingeing on. Nearly at the end of the final series.

Leave a comment:

• miki74
    replied
    Dexter is one of those series I wait for the DVD release so that I can watch 5 or 6 hours straight through. I am now waiting for the release of series 5 with great anticipation.
    That is what we do, too. I don't think I could watch it week to week anymore. We usually rent or buy the whole season and watch it in like 2 days.

We do this with True Blood also.

Leave a comment:

• frik51
    replied
    Dexter is one of those series I wait for the DVD release so that I can watch 5 or 6 hours straight through.
    You're so right.
    It's what i do with all series I watch, from Heroes and 24 to Fringe and Lost (of which i haven't seen one single episode yet. I'm waiting for a good Amazon deal...). I never watch anything on tv anymore. At least, no series.

sk

Leave a comment:

• PaulB
    replied
    Dexter is one of those series I wait for the DVD release so that I can watch 5 or 6 hours straight through. I am now waiting for the release of series 5 with great anticipation.

Leave a comment:

• jester05jk
    replied
    Originally posted by bsaenz24 View Post
    I think 5 is the most recent. I usually wait for our library to get the series on dvd and watch it then. I believe a new season starts in Fall.

You are correct. Season 4 was with John Lithgow, 5 had Julia Stiles. And 6 is supposed to have a boatload of new people including Mos Def and Edward James Olmos.

Leave a comment:

• Slee1978
    replied
    Haven't seen it yet, but I've been meaning to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X