X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin View Post
    I wonder if Lilja's post is inaccurate as it sounds like book three has been covered. The Brady supernatural element in book three was off putting for me as well. Didn't hate it but it did detract from the story for me.
    Yeah, he's definitely mistaken. I think the show's producer said that they wouldn't adapt book 2 because the main characters didn't show up till half way through the story.
    So, unless they decide to jump back to book 2 and dramatically rewrite the story they'll presumably go in a completely different direction for season 3.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ranger View Post
    Season 2 is a loose adaptation of the 3rd book, End Of Watch. It doesn't contain any of the main plot of book 2. There may be minor elements taken from book 2 like the private detective agency that Hodges and Holly set up but nothing major.

It was watchable enough though nowhere near the level of the excellent 1st season.
    If you didn't mind Brady going from a very human psychopath into an almost supernatural character then you may enjoy it more than I did.
    I found the mind controlling storyline ludicrous in book form and just as dumb when adapted.

I'd like to see the tv show going in its own direction. The Hodges and Holly characters are interesting enough to exist outside of King's trilogy.
    I wonder if Lilja's post is inaccurate as it sounds like book three has been covered. The Brady supernatural element in book three was off putting for me as well. Didn't hate it but it did detract from the story for me.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger
    replied
    Season 2 is a loose adaptation of the 3rd book, End Of Watch. It doesn't contain any of the main plot of book 2. There may be minor elements taken from book 2 like the private detective agency that Hodges and Holly set up but nothing major.

It was watchable enough though nowhere near the level of the excellent 1st season.
    If you didn't mind Brady going from a very human psychopath into an almost supernatural character then you may enjoy it more than I did.
    I found the mind controlling storyline ludicrous in book form and just as dumb when adapted.

I'd like to see the tv show going in its own direction. The Hodges and Holly characters are interesting enough to exist outside of King's trilogy.
    Last edited by Ranger; 11-29-2018, 06:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Lilja's Library is reporting that season 3 will be based on book 3. I will have to watch season 2 to figure if it was book 2 or some hybrid.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    I am unsure...Unless I have completely confused the books it appears season 2 more or less combined books 2 and 3.

Now I am really confused. Mr. Mercedes has been renewed for a third season. If season 2 had been Finders Keepers that would make perfect sense. Since season 2 was book 3 what do they do now? Will season 3 cover book 2? Will season 3 cover The Outsider which is kind of book 4?

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Now I am really confused. Mr. Mercedes has been renewed for a third season. If season 2 had been Finders Keepers that would make perfect sense. Since season 2 was book 3 what do they do now? Will season 3 cover book 2? Will season 3 cover The Outsider which is kind of book 4?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    It is an adaption of book 3.

Originally posted by Ranger View Post
    Anyone watched all of season 2? Loved the 1st season but really disliked the King sequels. From what I've read the second season seems to be an adaptation of the 3rd book.
    Does the supernatural element work in the TV series?

Leave a comment:

• Ranger
    replied
    Anyone watched all of season 2? Loved the 1st season but really disliked the King sequels. From what I've read the second season seems to be an adaptation of the 3rd book.
    Does the supernatural element work in the TV series?

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    No review but I am loving season 2. I think it is a strong show.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    We will probably start watching this in a week or two. I'm not great at reviews but if I remember I will come back in here when we are done. I will spoiler the review if I end up getting to one.

Leave a comment:

• Brian861
    replied
    Wish I was. I do not have subscription so I must wait. Really enjoyed season one though.
    Same here.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Originally posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Anyone watching this? We have been recording it but hadn't started watching yet.
    Wish I was. I do not have subscription so I must wait. Really enjoyed season one though.

Leave a comment:

• Ben Staad
    replied
    Anyone watching this? We have been recording it but hadn't started watching yet.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    replied
    Interesting views on the series. I see where you are coming from but do not share your complete views. I loved Mr. Mercedes, While it was OK I did not particularly care for Finders Keepers and while I found End of Watch rather formulaic I still rather enjoyed it.

Leave a comment:

• Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by HumphreyBear View Post
    That's good news. We (wife and I) have really enjoyed the first 9 eps of season 1.
    I too thought the book series deteriorated. FK was ok, but EOW was just silly. I'm prepared to suspend my disbelief as much as anyone, but EOW was hard to swallow.
    I had exactly the same problem with End of Watch. The suicide inducing gaming device was silly. The book seemed like a retread of King's earlier works. A bit of Carrie's telekinesis, technology run amok from Cell and various others.
    It'll be interesting to see if they make any major changes to this one for the 3rd season.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X